The Obamacare Titanic Thread - Lets Watch It Sink Together

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is the official thread for watching Obamacare's failure leading to its ultimate crash into the dark abyss. I invite everyone here to report their stories of Obamacare's failings.

So far the biggest problem is with the healthcare.gov website, Grata of CGI and Quality Systems Software. And now it is being reported that for those that do get their quotes, the subsidies are not accurate. In fact Cigna has told its brokers not to trust those values until November, thus not enrolling anyone eligible for subsidies until then. Although some are suggesting that the accurate subsidies will not be available until next year.

It also appears that a major flaw of the site is that it is unregistering people after they have registered. So they keep registering and then getting unregistered over and over again. One agent reported 7 transactions for one person (4 enrollments and 3 cancellations.) So now some health plans are worrying that some of the enrollments don't even exist. That is if the enrollees data transmits to the insurers since this is yet another issue encountered. And oh yeah, open enrollment ends March 14, 2014. That is if Obamacare makes it this long.

Mark my words, Obama is going to be illegally tampering with the Obamacare rules as long as it exists. But band-aids will not fix this mess. I feel that Romneycare had a better chance of succeeding. Anyways, this is just a start, and I welcome every juicy bit of gossip you can find. Costs, job loss, insurance being dropped etc...

And oh I nearly forgot to mention that one part of the website works smoothly. It is the voter registration option that it sneaks into every application. Since when should politics be involved in healthcare?

And you are also being tracked by 4 companies when you visit healthcare.gov. One of them is the obtrusive doubleclick.com that many of us despise. I wonder if the healthcare.gov site utilizes web beacons to track us around the web also? I hope not!

Obamacare’s Federal Exchanges are Failing at Every Level
edit on 17-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Pretty nice thread, I'm still chuckling ! but I think that it is no longer something to laugh about. Obama and Ebola sound to much alike, so I imagine what Obama is really shooting is "Ebola" care, you know, something to help the Old, and the Sick, and the Crippled. Wish it could have been more merciful, but it seems the POTUS has a cruel streak a mile wide that just feeds on Human misery. As long as it's US citizens that suffer !

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I see a lot more glitches again in March as people who have procrastinated start swamping the system again. This mess is going to take a long time fixing. But this admin has a hard time saying they were wrong. (Don't they all?)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That's a pretty astute observation! I imagine the Ebola, sorry, Obama administration will just farm the whole mess out to the Chinese to get it running. There is NO WAY the government hacks get this one right !. I give you the US tax code, or trying to book camp site at a national park as examples. In any case, The Ebola admin is probably looking to delay a working system roll out so they can get the max benefit of fines and the ability to inflict more pain and suffering on the US Taxpayer.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A bigger man admits his mistakes, and I would regard him highly. Even if it was, gasp, Obama! But he would have to admit this early on and not just when the ship starts taking on water.

Oh and yes, March will be one heck of a month, I never though of this!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Another thing to consider, they put the current CR to play out in Mid Jan/Early Feb. I guess the "team" in D.C. is scripting together another "Fiscal Crisis" to divert attention from necessary "Extensions" to key Democratic voting and support blocks for the '16 elections. If Obama and the IRS can make it work, and since he seems more teflon than that POS Clinton, The "Ebola Admiistration" probably will, the only people that are going to be getting fined and harassed about not signing up will be the republicommies and the 12 registered Libertarians left in the U.S. !

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Saw an humorous take at Patricia A Knight´s Blog

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package.
The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter".
The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Nice thread, I like to listen to music while relaxing and reading ATS.
This came on when i opened this thread:

Fate or coincidence? lol

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I loved it! Since you have a sense of humor I thought you may enjoy this.
Oh yeah and don't forget to bring some popcorn to this bon-voyage party!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I for one will not be visiting the 404care site anytime soon because my crappy old pc couldn't handle the frustration.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This may be a good chance to explain these little known facts about Obamacare.

Did you know that the phrase, "free or affordable healthcare" was removed from their website? Now it just says affordable healthcare.

Absolutely none of Obamacare is free. If a person qualifies for totally free healthcare, they are referred to medicaid. But only IF their state was willing to tax the heck out of their citizens and pay for this expansion of medicaid. So, if your state was crazy enough to do this, you will be paying more for insurance or a penalty and increased state taxes. 22 states WILL NOT be participating.

So what happens to the poor people that can't get medicaid? They have to PAY to go onto Obamacare or pay a penalty! Somebody is not going to be very popular!

Oh and you will find this humorous... A young man that works for Obama's organize site was proud to sign up for Obamacare. And he touted how wonderful the privileged of signing up was. He makes little over $900 a month and his Obamacare bill is $175 per month! This is 18% of his miniscule income and is a success story? What are they slipping into the water fountain at work?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I know I tend to laugh at the failures of Obamacare. But this is really hurting a lot of people and it has barely just begun. Wasn't there a Carl Jr closing also?
Is this what this redistribution of wealth is all about? Take from the '"rich" and their employees, and thrown them all into the poor house?

An iconic Michiana company is closing. Tuesday, FOX28 talked with owners of the Bonnie Doon plant and downtown Mishawaka location. They tell us there are many reasons for the shutdown such as the declining economy and the rise in production costs. But the number one factor? The anticipated cost of the Affordable Care Act.

Bonnie Doon Ice Cream blames Obamacare for shutdown

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Another really, really disturbing thing about all these DEMS coming out and taking a BM on Ebola Care, is that you KNOW that these creeps knew it all along. So, exactly on cue, the election season is going to start cranking up, and when the Ebola Care system starts to go SuperCritical, they can all go back and say "Yeah boy, that affordable care thing? yeah, the Ebola administration really, really pulled a muscle on that one. It's the kind of garbage work you'd expect from the State Department, or the IRS or General Motors UAW !
yeah, right guys, you knew it all along, didn't you ?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Somehow it's going to be good for business . My business is on a busy 4 lane highway and 3 new medical offices are going in within a 2 mile stretch and an abondond hospital is in a bidding war for new owners. Somebodys going to make money somehow

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

My local healthcare monopoly that makes billions in tax free revenue a year seems to think they need to cut health benefits and lay folks off.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yahoo Answers seems to be getting a lot of hits over Obamacare. You may want to head there if you want some real life stories vs. propaganda.

So Obama Care in my opinion caters to the poor and rapes the middle class. For example, my insurance was 77$ a month, then when Obama Care came out it went up to 139$. Immediately I got mad and decided I was going to sign up for Obama Care and get it cheaper. Went to the website, gave them my insurance and they gave me 5 health care plans that were between 161$-185$ all of them were worse than my old insurance, and the co-pay was 100$. When I went to work and told co workers about it 4 of them had the same problem. Why is it ok to help one group of people over but you have to screw over another group? The middle class is what makes America. I mean we get taxed the most. This is ridiculous. Does anyone have a horror story about Obama crap?

How is Obama Care good for America?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Posted in here to keep track of this thread.

Obamacare is a tax. Nothing more.

It is designed to inflict as much damage as it can upon the middle class.

It is a punishment for not being poor.

It is a penalty for working hard.

It is redistribution of wealth.

If one life is saved from this travesty, it'll be at the loss of dozens more lives.

More people will suffer under this new law/tax than any other in the history of the country.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Totally agree with you. Especially about more people suffering in the US than ever before. Right now I am not my usual chipper self. I watched this video from Robin Leech and it has really scared the crap out of me. He stated nothing I didn't already know, he is just reaffirming what I have been saying all along. This is not a conspiracy anymore, it is fact.

So I leave Obama one question. Do you prefer scented or unscented fabric softener?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It won't fail. Despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary, it will be heralded as an unmitigated success. It will be called the greatest single advancement in the history of mankind. But, they will say, we can make it better. And then the push for a single payer system will begin.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Maybe you should ask "Why is medical help in the US the most expensive in the whole world?".

8.600$ per capita and year (Source) compared to 4.400$ per capita and year in Germany (Source).

Hint: It is not a longer life expectancy. Nor a better quantity of beds, physicians and so on.

This should be of your concern, I guess..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join