It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Brokers Continental Corporate Takeover: Update March 22, 2005

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A tri-national task force with the full backing of the US, Canadian and Mexican governments is planning to expand the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to include a broad range of items not defined legally as goods or services. The new integration package will incorporate common policies and laws for energy, immigration, law enforcement and security.

www.worldnetdaily.com

"North American national borders would be virtually eliminated under plans being considered by senior business and political leaders from Canada, the United States and Mexico for a "NAFTA-plus," continent-wide, customs-free zone with a common approach to trade, energy, immigration, law enforcement and security.

The mission has the formal blessing of Tom Ridge, U.S. Homeland Security secretary, who is close with President Bush.

The "NAFTA-plus" plan has also been referred to as "deep integration." Skeptics see it as a plan to eliminate national sovereignty and erode the American concept of representative government accountable to the people under the framework of the Constitution."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Task force members include: former Liberal Party deputy prime minister John Manley; William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts; Pedro Aspe, former Mexican finance minister; Canadian Finance Minister Michael Wilson; and Nelson Cunningham of Henry Kissinger's consulting firm, Kissinger McLarty Associates.

The plan is attractive from the corporate perspective: Canada has abundant water, oil and lumber resources, and no civil rights protections; the USA has civil rights and a Constitution, but no resources; Mexico has abundant reserves of cheap labor, a reliable climate and a government prone to negotiating good terms without regard to human or democratic rights.

The merger has been in quiet development for some time, without due democratic process. The task force will issue its report in 2-3 months, in the spring of 2005. The 'report' obviously represents the final stages of negotiation. Ruling multinational corporations are represented by CEO's and corporate-owned government hacks, but there is no one at the table to represent ordinary people.

We're looking at a continental corporate merger here, and the legal re-instatement of the feudal system under corporate rule.

NOTE: The report titled "CEO's push for freer trade" published in Canada's National Post on October 25, 2004 is no longer available.

Related News Links:
www.wsws.org

[edit on 15-11-2004 by soficrow]

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Kano]

[edit on 22-3-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am totally against this move. NAFTA only benefitted the USA not Canada nor Mexico. Expanding is the exact opposite of what needs to be done, and this is NAFTA should be scrapped. "Free Trade" Is a scam perpertrated by the fuedal CEO overlords to gain even more controll over our lives and our finances.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
it didn't even benefit the united states. it benefited a few wealthy individuals in the united states. don't hate us all for the action of a few.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
it didn't even benefit the united states. it benefited a few wealthy individuals in the united states. don't hate us all for the action of a few.

I don't when I said benefit the States I was talking about the Fuedal corporate overlords, not the citizens. I very well know how its "Benefited" the middle class and the lower class in Canada, US and Mexico...It Didn't!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The military industrial complex despises the American people to the extent they have sold out our lives to Mexican immigrants, our properties to European bankers, and our Jobs to the International Cabel in power.

Add this to chem-trails, chlorine/fluoride/aspartame/msg/saccharin pollution, pharmaceuticals-forced-upon us, designer diseases and electronic weapons, and what you have is a deliberate program of planetary genocide against middle educated classes.

Our leaders have sold us out AND they are fomenting an Islamic Jihad so they can kill us off quicker.

They want drones they can control; never mind, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, our "due process," our "consent of the Governer." They hate us all.

May God deliver us from this unspeakable Evil. Our leaders are monsters, demons and devils.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It is possible to stop this - and fight for democracy. If people knew, they would NOT stand for it.

...It's like the Patriot Act, in spades. But it's getting pitched as a response to the EU, as passport free travel - as freedom to work wherever you want!

Has nobody noticed there are no jobs to speak of? anywhere? That what's on the table are Civil Rights and the American Constitution?

link   
I think things like this should be open to public vote before even being considered, but we don't govern anything, the CEO's do...

link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
The military industrial complex despises the American people to the extent they have sold out our lives to Mexican immigrants, our properties to European bankers, and our Jobs to the International Cabel in power.

May God deliver us from this unspeakable Evil. Our leaders are monsters, demons and devils.

Good ol American home grown sticky red haired bud........plus a few shots of Jim Beam and Coke......maybe add just a couple of shrooms.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Who are you, Bud, a paid lurker?

Am I not entitled to be horrified that I was never consulted about this?

--that it was never even brought up in a public forum for discussion before voters?

--that they plan to impose this plan on us without our consent?

But you wanna say, something is wrong with MY brain?

I think there is something wrong with yours, if you brainlessly consent to this. That's what I think.

Em

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It is just that you are eaten up with conspiracy crap. Half of what you said is probably from rense.com.

Light up

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Let me ask the ONE question that Ronald Reagan used to defeat Jimmy Carter:
    are you better off today then you were four years ago?

Answer that for yourself (no matter what country you live in).

For me, NAFTA has ruined American labor, it has flooded the U.S. with cheap goods, cheap labor, the promise of state welfare and returned underemployment, the lose of jobs and the fragmentation of any rational immigration.

Everyone lost but the corporations. The poor Mexicans won for a short time but now are looking south again as manufacturers stream across the border. El Paso, Texas was at one time the ��jean capitol�� of the world- all gone now except the unemployed workers.

The U.S. is on its way to PNAC with Canadian resources and Mexican labor providing the tools to militarize North America. Check out the PNAC site and tremble, this is now and this is reality.

There is no conspiracy theory in PNAC. It is George Orwell's nightmare (1984)come true. NAFTA was the balloon- it floated and no one shot it down, this new amalgamation is the fruit of its labor.

Click on the Statement of Principle button and read-
    We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.

Tremble folks, the New Rome has stretched and likes what it feels!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
edsinger, I cannot believe, you still don't realize the extent of USGummint lies, deception and tricks, do you?

You still think they basically tell the Truth?

How is this possible? With the string of covert ops terrorist acts? With the official policy of Shadow Government? With Congress having passed the "Patriot Act" UNREAD? With local police being military-trained and facilities being prepared to place Americans in camps? With designer diseases and deliberate polluting of air, food and vaccines?

Were you born yesterday? Do you not think that profiteering is ONE FORM of conspiracy that you CAN relate to? Profiteering off WAR, off PRISONS, off DISEASE, off a parody of an ELECTION? [Diebold]. How innocent you are!

Amazing, that anybody could be so gullible at this point.

Aeonian
[my new nom de plume]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe you should move to a water device as your lungs are depriving you of air and therefore oxygen.

You can believe that gobblygook if you wish, but reality has left you behind...

conspiracy queen with a capital C.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
... but names and ridicule will never hurt me.

... I've met people like you before, that attack personally just because you don't agree with what someone believes is true. Sometimes you're paid to do it; sometimes you do it on our own initiative; but it's always rude.

... Well, tough. You attack personally, we can take it up with the mods. They don't like that kind of stuff around here, you know.

Emily

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I am not attacking you, I am just saying that you make no sense, you present ideas as facts and they are no even close to facts.

The world is not flat.........

Let me refresh your memory,

Add this to chem-trails, chlorine/fluoride/aspartame/msg/saccharin pollution, pharmaceuticals-forced-upon us, designer diseases and electronic weapons, and what you have is a deliberate program of planetary genocide against middle educated classes.

Our leaders have sold us out AND they are fomenting an Islamic Jihad so they can kill us off quicker.

They want drones they can control; never mind, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, our "due process," our "consent of the Governer." They hate us all.

And you BELIEVE this?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I interupt this program to remind everyone to Play Nice. Warnings will follow.
Now Back to your regular scheduled Program.....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
ed let's see what the governments does say (before ranting someone is wrong for being fearful)

the United States must be prudent in how it exercises its power. But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership or the costs that are associated with its exercise. America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests. The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.

Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

� we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
    responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

� we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

� we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

� we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.

Written in 1997 and STILL carried on PNACs front page.

Now just looking at this and knowing NAFTA pt2 is on its way what conclusion should an ��average�� person draw?

Emily may be a little high spirited but she most certainly is not blowing wind.

Wherever you live ed, if it's America check out the local Guard and see when the are due to rotate out (if they haven't left already). Find your local FEMA office and see if its gradually increased its staffing?

www.newamericancentury.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
To Emily_Gragg: Don't be upset over edsinger's posts. He's one of the many who can't read the signs that are right in front of his face. You can't lead the blind anywhere. Overall, Emily, great post and insight.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yup , I second that .... He will wake up one day and wonder how long he has been sleeping ....

~peace

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ok folks, here is a little Translation of what this is all about by yours truely, mOjOm, for all those out there who might still be confused by the use of Language in this post. As well as a little secret for everyone in case I'm not always around to translate the B.S. back into The Common Tongue.

The thing to remember is that they have constructed the Meanings of Words and Phrases for exact reasons of either Strict Definition or Vague Interpretation, both of which will always work to better their situation while hurting yours!! They've mastered it within the Legal World, Political Arena, Public Education, Armed Forces and of course Mass Media just to name a few.

So now let us begin in our Translation Process...

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership or the costs that are associated with its exercise.

We cannot safely avoid the Major Wars/Conflicts that will arise from our Deliberate Global Invasion or the Costs that are associated in doing so.

America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.

America has a vital role in maintaining Lies & False Motives for the Sheeple such as Peace & Security, when all we deliver is War, Poverty, Genocide, etc. in Europe & Asia, just like we've brought them to the Middle East.

If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests.

If we shirk our Sick Desires to Rule over Every Living thing on Earth, then someone else will either do it first or simply kill us because they are just as psycho & paranoid as we are, living in Fear of our own Mortality.

The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire.

The History of the 20th Century should have taught us that we need Lot's of Medication and Long Naps in Padded Rooms, but instead we've decided to simply Kill Everything that Moves out of Fear, Pride, Greed & Ignorance.

The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.

(Here there is no need of translation. Instead pay close attention to the use of the word 'cause' in 'embrace the cause of American Leadership'. I believe the 'Cause' of America and it's so called Leadership was that People were sick of being Ruled by A-Holes who made everyone's life a living hell!! That is why they came here and made America in the first place. That was the 'Cause' of American Leadership. The 'Cause' was that the previous Leadership 'Royally Sucked', Literally!!)

Well, there ya have it. I'm sure you all can use this as a guide from here on in Translating the rest for yourselves. Once again thanks to PublicGadfly for posting the original text for us to view. Good luck PEOPLE!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join