It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would a war in North Korea be fought?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know it would probbaly start at the demilterized zone and there would be a massive build up of both forces at the border. But my question is how would our weapons be employed?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well if the US was involved the first order of buisness from their perspective would be air superiority.
then total ground supppresion. anything that moves would get a strike on it.
then the US forces would move in with ground units.
if it was just south korea i dont know.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think that first it will be an air strike on strategic military and civil place.

Nuclear and Bio military installation if it's exist.
After, radar dome and aviation installation.
Ground suppression of the korean army.
At the end suppression of the military capacity of North Korea and total control of the country until civils elections for a Democratic government.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
With lots of these...

Mother of All Bombs

Stats
-MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast
Mother Of All Bombs
-Air Force tested a Massive Ordnance Air Blast weapon on AFB Eglin on 03/11/2003. Eglin Air Force Base, FL is home of the Air Armament Center (AAC).
-The MOAB is a precision-guided munition weighing 21,500 pounds and was dropped from a C-130 Hercules aircraft for the test. It is the largest non-nuclear weapon in existence.
-The weapon is meant to allow pilots to drop high-precision bombs out of the range of most anti-aircraft fire. MOAB is a "modernization" of the BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter".

-Primary Function: Guided air-to-surface weapon

-Guidance System: GPS/inertial gyroscopes

-Launch Weight: 21,500 pounds, incl. 18,000 pounds of high explosives

-Diameter: 40.5 inches

-Contractor: Dynetics

The MOAB is an Air Force Research Laboratory technology project that began in fiscal year 2002 and is to be completed this year.

(Info from www.globemaster.de...)

[edit on 11/15/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You would have to be able to take out a whole lot of Heavy artillery in N Korea or they would be raining down a 1/2 million shells a hour on the capitail of S Korea. Both covential and Bio chemical shells.

If someone pissed of Kim Jong IL Seol will be burning.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i think that usa would do airstrikes on them and keep at it until they send there troops and then they would just attack them with all there armor and artillery and troops

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think we would suppress there air defense's we would probably use tacit rainbow this system tracks enemy radar and then homes in on the radar station. It can be launched by aircraft or it can be launched by rocket launchers.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
NK has an exceptional knowledge about tunnel networks and underground structures. If US could develop some conventional weapon against underground structures, it will be a great help.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yeah the US would use cruise missiles and other stand off weapons systems to interdict the N Korean supplies.
Don't forget the South Koreans have a large and modern militay as well. I believe they also recently purchased teh ATACMS missile with a 300 km range.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
yeah the US would use cruise missiles and other stand off weapons systems to interdict the N Korean supplies.
Don't forget the South Koreans have a large and modern militay as well. I believe they also recently purchased teh ATACMS missile with a 300 km range.

Also don't forget the power of the US navy, the NK coast would be very vulnerable to carrier attack. I wonder as well if Russia would maybe sidew with the US, possibly providing bases for operations.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Russia's post Yeltsen addministration would never alow U.S to attack a country so close to it

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
US attack North Korea.Well if you all want to commit suicide who an I to stop you.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
US attack North Korea.Well if you all want to commit suicide who an I to stop you.

why is it suicide?can you explain

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hopefully through soft diplomacy led by men of acadamia, not these idiot leaders in the white house who would rather just send a 50 tonne cruise missile with the words FREEDOM, LIBERTY AND DEmockRACY pasted on it...

Deep

PS. I don't know how big cruise missiles are, i just guessed

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Airpower would be key to attacking North Korea supply lines. North Korea would attempt to sabotage key South Korean & american military targets. If they the North Koreans were suceesfull they would cut allied Communications.
Its ashame that the population per square KM is high other wise nukes could be used against key North Korean military targets. Any way the allies would want to reuntie Korea not ruin the country.
What if North Korea was defeated but the bulk of the North Korean army seeked "santuary" in china?
If the Chinese were supplying the North Koreans with arms. How would the USA and its allies prevent this?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by konartis96

Why is it suicide? Can you explain

Yeah if you need it explaining. It will be the start of a nuclear bi-polar war. One nuclear power bombing another and receiving nuclear retaliation. This will then lead to other nuclear powers engaging, i.e.; UK, Israel, France, Russia, etc.
The result, all dead, start making the coffins for the children, the wood will be scarce.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah if you need it explaining. It will be the start of a nuclear bi-polar war. One nuclear power bombing another and receiving nuclear retaliation. This will then lead to other nuclear powers engaging, i.e.; UK, Israel, France, Russia, etc.
The result, all dead, start making the coffins for the children, the wood will be scarce.

Please N Koreas nuclear force cant even come close to likes the US and Russia. Its not even a comparsion on any level. There is no MAD with N Korea only AD for them in a nuclear conflict.

If all of N Koreas nukes even make it to the US and are not intercepted they wont come close to destroying the US. All of the US missiles will make it to the target and the US has enough to wipe all of N Korea out many times over.

And if you think Russia or France would risk a nuclear war with the US over N Korea you are dreaming. They would never kill themselves to defend N Korea.

The real risk of going to war with N Korea is that S Korea would be destroyed in the process.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Please N Koreas nuclear force cant even come close to likes the US and Russia. Its not even a comparsion on any level. There is no MAD with N Korea only AD for them in a nuclear conflict.

You miss a vital and very telling point. If one nation in today's strange and ever-changing history was to use nuclear weapons on another there would be retaliation from all corners. If N Korea could not target the USA why is Bush so worried about them???? And anyhow all they have to do is set off a domino effect on neighbouring countries of S-Korea, to involve China, Russia, then the US retaliates with West Europe soon, small nuclear countries will have MAD capabilities by using this strategy. Have America learnt nothing in these dreadful three years. The world is not in some 1960's cold war spy thriller anymore, but in a quagmire of dirty politics and underhand warfare, all rules are thrown away and new ones written by those who will use necessity to be the greatest mother if invention.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A limited nuclear exchange can heppen without everyone going crazy and shooting all their nukes off. Take India and Pakistan both have nukes if they attacked each other nobody is going to get involved with their own nukes.

You talk about N Korea causing this domino effect but I just dont see how it can work. They would never launch nukes at China thats jut not going to happen. Say they fire at the US then the US response= destroy N Korea. Now say they Fire at Russia and then Russia's response= destroys N Korea.They would get the same response from anyone. If they shoot at a nuclear power it will only mean they are going to have a whole bunch more comming back at them.

People are not going to just see N Korea shooting off nukes at them and say hey lets fire some at the US or Russia.People are not crazy nobody wants to end the world. It didnt happen during the Cold War its not going to happen because of some poor excuse for a Dictator from a crap country like N Korea.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hey ShadowXIX, nice post! You hit it dead on friend. One country launching nukes will not trigger global catastrophy. Folks have seen "War Games" too many times!

"Would you like to ply a game?"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join