posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

see my original post.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

kangajack
Reliable source for updates?

Major Fire Updates: www.rfs.nsw.gov.au...
Current Fires and Incidents: www.rfs.nsw.gov.au...

UPDATE FROM KANIMBLA VALLEY:

All is well at my place at the moment, we are still packed and ready to flee if need be. There is a great chance that the fire might jump off the cliff from around Blackheath into the valley on Wednesday so we are just watching and waiting. We are expecting 100kmh wind gusts here again on Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Stay safe brother.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thanks Zazz

I'll try to remember to keep ATS updated as the week progresses.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
ok guys...tomorrow is D Day. this is the day we have not been looking forward to.

The latest reports now have the winds and low humidity worse than previously predicted.

Basically, we are all expecting the worst but still holding out and hoping for the best.

the family have all sorted out leave for tomorrow with no problems so we will just be playing the waiting game.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yeah we got my wifes grandmother out of Springwood and down to Sydney. From what I can tell there is a mass exodus away from the Mountains taking place at the moment.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I got called the 'Rainmker' a few weeks ago by a business associate, and now I wish I knew how to do that truly. 100KM winds today. Everyone stay safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There's over 1,000 firies from interstate helping at the moment.
They showed some of the local firies talking about it on the news, genuine emotion and greatfullness.
One guy said he saw a 40 fire truck convoy from South Australia.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

iBallinU
There's over 1,000 firies from interstate helping at the moment.
They showed some of the local firies talking about it on the news, genuine emotion and greatfullness.
One guy said he saw a 40 fire truck convoy from South Australia.

Yep, that was our second response! Always willing to lend a hand! Bit of a holiday for our lads!

P

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just in

NSW Emergency Coverage

BREAKING: With great sadness, news.com.au are reporting the pilot of a waterbombing helicopter has died after his fixed-wing plane had crashed while conducting fire fighting suppression activities in very rugged and steep terrain west of Ulladulla.

As a result of the crash, a fire has broken out near Charlie's Forest Road near Braidwood. Additional waterbombing helicopters are attempting to douse the flames.

Due to the remoteness and nature of the terrain it may take response crews some time to get to the site.

NSW Emergency Facebook

oh my gosh

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Damn, that is so sad.

Very sad to hear that. This has just been crazy. I had hoped that the rain the other night would've lasted longer and helped but it was just too little sadly.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I was driving from Canberra to Sydney, and I didnt see it go down, but I saw all the rescue helicopters swarm the area, so sad

Pilot was trying to save properties and lives, ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

kangajack
Reliable source for updates?

NOT NBC!

www.news.com.au...

American network NBC publishes map showing the whole of Australia is on fire. Oops

also

And in other news, 98 per cent of Americans have been declared effectively braindead.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Thanks for that information. RIP Helicopter Hero.

Bella hasn't been online, I know I have had my disagreements with her but hope she is ok.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Kryties I hope you are ok.

You haven't updated in awhile either.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

amraks

Thanks for that information. RIP Helicopter Hero.

Bella hasn't been online, I know I have had my disagreements with her but hope she is ok.

thanks so much for your concern. I am ok. it ended up that I was in the middle of the two major fires. one 20 mins to the north and the 30 mins to the south.

everything settled down now. only problem.....big ass area right where I am is ripe and ready.

again...despite the differences..thanks xx

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

amraks
Kryties I hope you are ok.

You haven't updated in awhile either.

maybe they are having power issues up there.

I know the one near him flared right up again today. I was at work and its amazing how in 1 hour it can go from controlled to out of control.

hopefully we will hear from him soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Lets hope he gets out of this unhurt and his property undamaged.

I feel sorry them people who have already lost memory's

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join