It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's plans for America: Taxes and Immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by Daedalus

LOL well according to comments in this thread... our sitting President, and two sitting Senators have questionable legal status. (according to you guys and others I say) Now you got me wondering about everyone's documentation. I wonder how many in our Government and across this country dont meet your requirements for citizenship. O.o

What are you going to do?

so then you wanna try to paint me as a birther, or try to paint me as mistaking opinion for fact....

nice bait..not gonna work though..

we're talking specifically about mexicans here...we know for a fact how they operate here, we know what they do...

i mean, let's not play games, or mince words here....when politicians talk immigration reform, and amnesty, and all that other stuff, they ARE talking about the 30+ MILLION mexican nationals illegally residing in this country...

these people are foreign invaders....not "migrant workers", "undocumented laborers", or whatever other sanitized, politically correct, bulls**t euphemism people use these days... they are illegally here, they have violated the sovereignty of our country, and we should not just be standing for it..

i mean, if it was people from the middle east just walking over the US/Mexico border, it would be a goddamn national security emergency, and all the news outlets would be screaming about the breach of national security, and holy s**t, terrorists are under your bed...

but since it's just mexicans, nobody seems to care that they're violating the law.....it seems economic terrorists aren't as much of a concern as regular terrorists..

i have nothing against legal immigrants....i used to have quite a few of them on my crew.....i had a guy from Bolivia, a few from Haiti, and a few from Jamaica...they hate illegals too. they came here the right way, did all the paperwork, dealt with all the B.S. that comes with going through the bureaucratic machine, they took their oath...they earned the right to be here...and then these bums come over from mexico, and squat, and steal jobs, and money, and completely f**k up whatever neighborhood they move into, and they don't even have the decency to learn the language of the country they're in...they expect US to learn THEIR language...it really pissed my guys off..

but i digress...the point of the post you seemingly, mostly ignored, was that it's the modern INTERPRETATION of the rules that is the problem..

it kind of sucks that the founders weren't more specific...i'm sure they assumed, and expected that these united states would defend their sovereignty, and borders against foreign invaders...i'm sure they didn't think they actually needed to spell out that these things were necessary....i'm sure they expected we'd be smarter in the future...
edit on 20-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Some things are just better left alone I guess. Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't think that people realise the full reasons and consequences behind immigration.

Your country has, in effect, been bankrupt for over 100 years. Don't be shocked about that because most governments are bankrupt. Here in the UK, we've been going bankrupt since the english civil war.

When your government has no gold or silver to either spend or borrow against, the only collateral they can secure a loan with is the people; Our future earnings. And at present, the US government is maxed out. Every individual american has a $53,000 dollar pa debt secured against them. The reason the decision over raising the debt ceiling took so long was because it places the US in a position where the repayment of this debt is unmanageable. So your only solution is to increase your collateral by increasing your population.

Both the short and long term implications of this are pretty dreadful. In the short term, the burden of paying for these immigrants will fall on the taxpayer. You will also have to put up with increased crime and a decrease in social standards.

The long term problem is that the debt secured will still need to be repayed, plus interest. Therefore, you will see an increase in taxes, not only to cover this loan but also to pay for a population that has increased, yet hasn't seen an increase in jobs so that they can pay for themselves.

It's all boom and bust, but every bust tends to be far more severe than any short term advantage it creates. Don't blame the immigrants. Blame the people who are responsible for the long term impoverishment of your country. Or get off your backsides and do something about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Scorchio
I don't think that people realise the full reasons and consequences behind immigration.

Every individual american has a $53,000 dollar pa debt secured against them.

When you put it like that I feel better already. The government stole that much from me before I was 30 so I must be paid up.

The long term problem is that the debt secured will still need to be repayed, plus interest. Therefore, you will see an increase in taxes, not only to cover this loan but also to pay for a population that has increased, yet hasn't seen an increase in jobs so that they can pay for themselves.

Or get off your backsides and do something about it.

Maybe, unless someone finally manages to pull the plug on the debt and says "hell no, we're done paying." This would probably start the 3rd world war but then history seems to repeat itself. After all the Treaty of Versailles is pretty much what precipitated WW2. That's probably the path the US will follow.

Massive immigration appears to be just a stopgap to what politicians are trying to avoid. It won't work and eventually the rubber will meet the road debt wise. At that point something violent will probably be done about it as the bankers/MIC fight it out with the rest of the world. Right now I doubt citizens have the power to do much about it except maybe refuse to pay into the system and choke it off.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join