It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's plans for America: Taxes and Immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Think the government shutdown was a pain? The theatrical escapades surrounding the debt ceiling got you down? Not to worry Obama has big plans for you if you're an American and you're going to love it. First lets hear from White House spokesman Jay Carney. Take it away Jay!

Obama spokesman promises more taxes, spending and immigration

Obama also wants to end the 2011 sequester deficit plan, which trimmed federal spending by $1 trillion over 10 years. “Sequester does not fit the bill,” Carney told the reporters.

Obama will also push for passage of the Senate immigration rewrite that would add 33 million immigrants over the next 10 years.

The inflow would add one new immigrant to the labor force for every two Americans who turn 18, despite a stalled economy that has left 20 million Americans unemployed or underemployed.

One new immigrant for every two Americans turning 18. You think unemployment is bad now just wait. What's our POTUS have to say about this?

Obama plans immigration push after fiscal crisis ends

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that stalled immigration reform would be a top priority once the fiscal crisis has been resolved. "Once that's done, you know, the day after, I'm going to be pushing to say, call a vote on immigration reform," he told the Los Angeles affiliate of Spanish-language television network Univision.

More taxes, amnesty for criminal illegals and open the immigration floodgates to our country. Just wait America, you ain''t seen nothin yet.
edit on 210pm5959pm112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that stalled immigration reform would be a top priority once the fiscal crisis has been resolved.

So no immigration reform until what 2050, 2060?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

buster2010

President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that stalled immigration reform would be a top priority once the fiscal crisis has been resolved.

So no immigration reform until what 2050, 2060?

How about after we get most/all of the illegal (criminal) aliens out of the US and secure our borders? We still have immigration laws that let people into the US.

Fix those and I'd support reviewing immigration laws tomorrow. No need to wait until 2060.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

There is immigration reform, then there is immigration reform. It's the difference between removing a tonsil and being a victim in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I would be content for Obama's style of immigration reform to never happen. 2060 is too soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I swear this guy is trying to screw over the people of the nation any which way he can. He doesnt act Presidential, he acts like a infiltrator that has a grudge against the very people hes supposed to be protecting.

EVERYTHING he does- is put on the backs of people who have nothing left- and tries to convince people hes doing the right thing for them and our country.

he makes me sick.

it all just doesnt make sense for a country in a weakened state, unless hes trying to actually break it. If that is the case- than it all makes perfect sense.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Creating yet ANOTHER racial divide!

We already have 'blacks against whites' thanks to Martin/Zimmerman. Let's go ahead and just add 'everyone against immigrants' too. Because America needs more racial tension and hate. I can hear it now: Can't find a job? Blame a Mexican!

Remember who the enemy is! It is not race based!
edit on 10/16/13 by Ameilia because: spelling!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Ameilia
reply to post by Bassago

I didn't create this problem, it's what the emperor says he's going to do. Also in case you haven't noticed we have a huge illegal immigration problem in America.

I didn't start this but I can sure bring it up and express my dislike for it.
Let me be clear on my position:

1. Send all illegal immigrants back to their own countries.
    2. Secure our borders against illegals.
    3. Allow legal immigrants into the US within the limits of the law.

Pretty straightforward.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Bassago

Ameilia
reply to post by Bassago

I didn't create this problem, it's what the emperor says he's going to do. Also in case you haven't noticed we have a huge illegal immigration problem in America.

I didn't start this but I can sure bring it up and express my dislike for it.
Let me be clear on my position:

1. Send all illegal immigrants back to their own countries.
    2. Secure our borders against illegals.
    3. Allow legal immigrants into the US within the limits of the law.

Pretty straightforward.

Um, dude, no where did I blame you. I simply responded to the information you provided in the original post with my opinion on it's racial effects. Do you not want comments/opinions on your threads?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ameilia

Um, dude, no where did I blame you. I simply responded to the information you provided in the original post with my opinion on it's racial effects. Do you not want comments/opinions on your threads?

Sorry, my bad. I read your post wrong. Apologies.

Yes opinions are good and thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ameilia
reply to post by Bassago

We already have 'blacks against whites' thanks to Martin/Zimmerman. Let's go ahead and just add 'everyone against immigrants' too. Because America needs more racial tension and hate. I can hear it now: Can't find a job? Blame a Mexican!

It's not only Mexicans who are illegal. We blame corporations for hiring them and our Government for not securing the borders and enforcing our laws. And yes, we even blame the illegals themselves as they know damned well they are breaking laws and replacing citizens who need to feed their own families.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You are being very disrepectfull! it isn't "obama", it's His Majesty,The Lord of Death Obama to you! and don't you forget it! Also, His Majesty, The Lord of Death Obama is not satisfied with the pain and suffering he's inflicted with the Health Care pogrom. His Majesty is now actively getting into the Home, Auto, Dental Insurance arena. I understand slaves, oh, I'm sorry, my bad, citizens 18 yrs to 99 yrs will have to purchase mandatory Home, Auto, Dental insurance or be fined $1,000,000,000,000,000 a month until they do! If you don't own a home, auto or teeth, your premium payments will be applied to buying I-phones for all the children of Vietnam under the age of 4 or 40,000 acre estates for children between the ages of 5 and 7.75 in Guatemala !!! (It's always about the children, isn't it?) Also, there will be an additional premium required for veterans, so they can pay for they're own health care (Sort of like I do now) since they REALLY don't do anything to deserve it (The Lords & Ladies of the Democratic parties words, not mine) Funny, but now, when I "hear" the word democrat I "see" the word ebola, I guess that's what they call poetic justice, or more commonly, the TRUTH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

CarbonBase
reply to post by Bassago

His Majesty The Lord of Death

That's pretty good. I'll have to remember that for future posts (if I may?)

Also, there will be an additional premium required for veterans, so they can pay for they're own health care (Sort of like I do now) since they REALLY don't do anything to deserve it (The Lords & Ladies of the Democratic parties words, not mine)

I never had much luck with any VA benefits but in all fairness the VA has been screwed up for a long time. Not sure if we can put ALL that blame on "His Majesty The Lord of Death." From what I've seen and heard from vets currently though it seems this administration hasn't done anything much to help them. I'm sure he has more "plans" for the veterans.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Night Star

Ameilia
reply to post by Bassago

It's not only Mexicans who are illegal. We blame corporations for hiring them and our Government for not securing the borders and enforcing our laws. And yes, we even blame the illegals themselves as they know damned well they are breaking laws and replacing citizens who need to feed their own families.

Yes, I know it's not just Mexicans. As a border state resident, "Mexican" is what I am personally most likely to hear. I also understand that some people must place blame and do so in the first place they see that they can: on an illegal Mexican. I try and not get bent out of shape about it. They (generally) have left a ridiculous country to come to a place much greater to provide for themselves and their family. If I were them, I might come here too, to escape drug wars, general violence, and being destitute. It's like this: I would steal food to feed my family before watching them starve. That makes me the same as them. It is the 'blame game' which we as a people of the entire world must avoid. By placing blame we gain nothing, but hate.

I do admit though, to personal outrage, in an economics class in college, when the professor spent an entire lecture explaining to us how illegal immigrants working was good for the American economy. This was several years ago, but I found the lesson outrageous! How could he say that? And you could see on people's faces, they bought it!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

The thing is that illegals have been here working and paying into the system Amelia. And the nation has several laws, not just the one that says this is my land, this is your land, here's the line. But there are also security concerns with immigration and its not centered on one ethnic or racial group. Radicalization comes to mind. and then of course, New jersey for instance has issues with gangs. So does California and probably every border state which are not necessarily problems with "Mexican" origin. Then there's issues with drugs, prisons, education and cultural issues might need some bend. If this is the route they're going with immigration, I would say... If you don't know spanish. Learn.

I am not totally sure but I think Texas has at least 4 million now who need to go through the system. I just don't know that amnesty is the best approach. Those numbers seem a little off to me, mostly the 30+ million bit. Are they counting the people that might have come from the M.E?

edit on 17-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

If I were them, I might come here too, to escape drug wars, general violence, and being destitute. I
reply to post by Ameilia

That's just it, if one is destitute, they have no money to get here, to pay for stolen identities or fraudulent documents. I have met many illegals throughout the years and have yet to meet a starving one. The thing is, we have people who live in extremely dangerous neighborhoods right here where children can't even play in their own backyards, where the elderly can't even walk alone out in broad daylight lest they get mugged or stabbed or shot. Our people arn't fleeing to another country. They can't afford to.

It is sad for anyone no matter who they are or where they come from to suffer in any way, but we cannot replace our own jobless and poor people with lawbreaking foreigners. There are ways for asylum seekers to come here legally. There is a way for anyone to come here legally. Illegals have been catered to on such a level that citizens are now forced in many areas to speak spanish when the job has nothing to do with international business or being an interpreter. I would never in a million years expect a country to change because of me.

Throughout the years we have had people come here with great respect through the proper channels and they all learned english. Now we are forced to dial one just to hear our own language in an important phone call, we are forced to speak a foreign language in many areas just to get a job. In some State they made it legal for an illegal lawyer to practice law. What the...?? Things have just gotten way out of hand.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Some of them may have been paying into the system. But, (and remember I said I live in a border state) the majority of the ones I have been exposed to do NOT pay anything into the system.

There are designated areas which they show up to on a daily basis. Everyone knows this. Anyone who wants to hire them shows up and handshake deals are worked out. A person announces what they want, say a fence built, or some trees trimmed, or some concrete poured, walls put up. Mexicans then volunteer. Usually a few who don't speak English attach themselves to someone who does. The English speaker facilitates communication. They work a day, a few days, and get paid cash. I know (and have seen) at least three of these places where you can pick up some day laborers right now, and I'm sure there are several I don't of.

This is common knowledge for people in my state, probably also in other border states.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

They get across by just walking. Yes, you can get here while destitute. Or you can pay a hundred bucks for a person to drive you across. It happens every day. I have seen them on the highways, you can always tell. If you don't have the hundred bucks you can "work it off" once they get you here. I won't speculate how such a thing can be worked off, because I don't know. But again, this is common knowledge where I live, literally everyone knows.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

What state?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by Ameilia

What state?

Well, I've lived in Arizona, California, and Texas and can tell you that any home improvement store in those states (Home Depot, Lowes, etc) have 'day-laborers' at the ready. The best pickings are earlier in the day, by 9am or so. Most of the 'better' workers are either snatched up by then, or go home and wait for the next day. Some mill around until late afternoon. Most of them even bring their packed lunches along.

Of the three states I listed, California had the highest concentration of day laborers (by far, exponentially).

In Arizona, I lived near the border (Sierra Vista) and we had many immigrants walking or riding (in vans or pick-up trucks with campers) across. Many would walk right through yards. Funny thing is I don't remember seeing any day-laborers in that town, some in Phoenix, none (that I remember) in Tuscon. I would guess they are more daring and take more risks further away from the border. Or, could be the size of the towns.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
For years, literally, YEARS, there have been those of us who have warned about this. . .

Sometimes it sucks being right.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join