It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Pictures (not for the weak)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My sentiments too. Of course no body wants anyone to die because of this war. But wake up people! You cant expect this war to end with you in favor of it. You have given this administration 4 more years to continue sending troops, continue the killing and the insanity. If you back the war you send a message that its ok to continue the conflict and the killling, and feed the monster more until it will take an act of God, a huge act to put an end to all this. God help us

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i think the biggest mistake we have done is to have sent news reporters to video tape and photograph the war this really upsets me

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThEeNd
i think the biggest mistake we have done is to have sent news reporters to video tape and photograph the war this really upsets me

I agree with you to a certain point about your post. I agree because there hasn't been a day thats gone by without something being reported about the attacks and deaths over there, plus reports on what Bush has to say about the war. These two things saddens and sickens me to the depths of my soul, why,.......... because of all the deaths in Iraq and knowing that there will be a lot more to come and every time George Bush is on tv, he is either, smiling,smirking, or once in awhile chuckling over something someone said.
Why can't he just be serious,............. I think I could lighten-up just alittle if I knew that Bush was the type of President that took his job serious and kept his "buns" in the White House watching over our country and troops, instead of going on vacation all the time. Every time I see him smirking it's as if he's laughing at all of the people of our Nation ( Bush,Cheney and Rumsfeld all smirk, as if they have an inside joke their playing on us) for trusting him and following him like good puppies. The Administration's behavior reminds me of guys getting together to play war.

That's what nags me about Bush and his Administration the most, they do not strike me as being the serious type, when they need to be, I think thats what I dislike about them, their not the serious type but I am very much a serious-minded person. Bush's behavior is what I hate about the media showing this stuff and him.

The reason I beleive that it is good that the reporters are there and doing their jobs is because, WE THE PEOPLE have the right to KNOW what our US service people are being USED for and because we can keep an eye on our gov'ts to see that their on the up & up, but as you can see by the "pictures" that dgtempt and I posted (URLs), we can't depend on our Media to be truthful in their reporting either.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
It's amazing. Some people just want to kill more despite all the killing that already has been done.

I also don't understand the "We didn't mean to kill them, but they did" logic. Are they still trying to show the difference between killing and killing?

You don't think there is a difference between intentional and unintentional killing?

So a man that hacks another to death with a knife is just as guilty as one who's tire blows out and runs over a pedestrian?

Come on man - you are a smart guy. There is a difference. The US tells the whole city weeks in advance that we are coming in, so get out. We purposly try not to kill civs. The enemy on the other hand uses civs as human shields and targets non combatants for torture/execution.

There is a big difference damn it!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThEeNd

You have got that right! War is hell. If people saw what happened in WWII on a daily basis there probably would have been riots. Vietnam was the first tv war and should have been the last. I thought after we landed in Somalia and cameras showed marines hitting the beach that this tv war bull # was over with. Embeded Reporters, give me a fing break! Just what those kids over there need, a bunch of F*ed up war tourists.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If I killed someone because they were stupid enough to jump in front of the car while I was driving, it's certainly not my fault, but do you think I'd feel any better about it? I still killed the person. The fact that I was driving meant I contributed to that person's death.

Death is death. Killing is killing. People have to realize that both ways, somebody died.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join