It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Pictures (not for the weak)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bush needs to just "hang it up" and bring our people home, Bush is losing this war, Powell even said so to some friends of his.

If Bush would just bring our troops home, the citizens of our Nation will think better of him because they would know that Bush finally opened his eyes to the truth of the matter,................ there is no way of winning when in the Middle East.

Give it up Bush, and bring our people home, the Iraqi oil isn't worth all the lives that has been lost and are still losing.

www.truthout.org...

I've found some more pictures for this "thread", but will have to edit this post to put them in, be right back.

I'm back. Here's a "url" that shows more war pictures

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/11/10/MNGOI9P3HB1.DTL&o=0

As far as people being called "traitors", for being against Bush's war, some are showing TRUE IGNORANCE, when labeling me and others as traitors. We support our TROOPS but we DONOT support Bush's oil-war in Iraq.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For all you liberals have you forgotten about Hitlers Third Reich. The US and its allies reduced all major German cities to rumble. In this rubble men, women and children died. Where was the outrage of the American press.
There was none. Why is that? Could it be that we were in combat with another caucasian race.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
For all you liberals have you forgotten about Hitlers Third Reich. The US and its allies reduced all major German cities to rumble. In this rubble men, women and children died. Where was the outrage of the American press.
There was none. Why is that? Could it be that we were in combat with another caucasian race.

as i have said before, winners dont get warcrimes.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I really think we should take the "Deny Ignorance" slogan of of the site banner since apparently ignorance runs rampant with the Pro-Bush, pro-war people on this site. The fact of the matter is, that the Muslim people are tired of the US meddling with their domestic affairs in order to secure cheap oil for the SUV loving Americans.

Maybe, just maybe the rest of the world is tired of "Team America, World Police". I don't recall asking you to take on the world for my benefit. Maybe if your government kept its nose out of other countries business you wouldn't be in the mess that you're in right now.

Saddam wasn't such a bad man when he was fighting Iran and was given countless $$BILLIONS$$ and weapons from the US. What about Osama and the fight against the Russians in Afghanistan. He was all right then and received a reported $3 BILLIONS from the CIA and countless weapons. But he was alright then because he was serving the US interests at the time. But as soon as one of these groups or countries steps off the reservation and stops doing what it's handlers(US) want they are labelled an enemy.

To all you Neo-cons just maybe your countries past foreign policy wasn't always in the best interests to those on the other end of the stick. If another super power did to the US what they have done to them you'd be outraged. But because it's your country doing it it's OK. So who are the ignorant ones here.

Wake up and smell the roses!! Osama couldn't have been any clearer as to why he is doing this. He has stated many times that it is US foreign policy towards Muslims countries and it's support for Brutal regimes that trample on the average Muslim(Israel, Russian, China, Saudi Arabia and yes he threw Iraq in there as well).

But most Amercians choose to believe the propaganda that's pumped through the White House and news media. It's an attack on our way of life and the things we believe in.

If you believe that then send me a $1000 and I'll guarantee you eternal happiness.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The war has to end so that we can bring the troops home and pull this country together. This war is getting us nowhere and we're not accomplishing a darn thing but the murder of innocents and our troops.

The insanity of it all. I hope some of you dont think you can justify this. Not under any circumstances.
We're supposed to be a civilized society, yet we pick up our spears, and want to kill when something moves in the jungle-

Supposing it was Muslims who commited this horrific crime in the school in Russia? Youre saying because they did such an unspeakeable cowardly act, it justifies it all. NO IT DOESNT
NOTHING JUSTIFIES WHAT WE'RE DOING.

God must be real proud of his creation.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Good Thread
, to bad ALL Americans can't see those pictures,.......... I wonder what the "christians" would say or think if they saw what they had caused by voting Bush
. I wish my cousin could see this thread,........... it would give her something to really worry about if her son gets shipped over to Iraq,........... she's a stupid Republican Christian that voted Bush because she beleived his bull about his conversations with GOD. I pray nothing happens to her boy, but if something does, she has only herself, the others that voted Bush and George Bush to blame, and I don't want to hear nothing out of her mouth if GOD Forbid, Kevin gets killed, she voted for Bush,.......... now she'll have to live with her decision

I am thankful that you are not part of my family as I am a "stupid Republican Christian" and I deserve to see my son killed.

Your cousin can not expect any compassion from you should her hero son get killed. I guess you could always say, "I told you so."

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch

Hitler was before my time so I called my father to ask him about Hitler, the media,etc.,,,..............,.
My response to your post is this,.............. the first television came out in "1941", the broadcast station was in its infancy at that time and had no way of covering International news during the Hitler era and before. Hitler had been attacking and killing in the 1930's (before television) and into the 1940's. THAT is why there was no "media coverage" to be seen on television. There was though, radio and film during that "era", the radio would broadcast the happenings of WWII, but no visional reports (of course), there was filming of the war and when brought back to the US it would be shown at the movie-houses,............ that was the ONLY way the war of WWII was able to be shown through-out the United States, in that "era".

That is why there was no "out-rage", as you put it, and I gave you the reason WHY. It had nothing to do with "Race".

The reason WHY the American public are not shown what is REALLY happening in Iraq with this war, is due to the Big-Wig Republicans and Jews that control the Media. The ONLY way to see what is really happening over there is through the Media that is NOT American/Republican/Jew owned,................

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

I am thankful that you are not part of my family as I am a "stupid Republican Christian" and I deserve to see my son killed.
I guess you could always say, "I told you so."
OMG! I wouldnt want to see your son or anyone elses killed. HOWEVER: I do not have simpathy for those of you who wrap yourselves in this Republican war mongering chaos- You believe in this war? Your family believes in this war?Supposedly your son went because he thinks this war is just?
If all of the above is true, then God forbid, if the time comes to bury one then do so amid pictures of Bush. Its your sacrifice to Bush.
I wish all troops well, but people with this mentality are sacrificing their young ones to Bush. Plain and simple.
Its you who has to live with this.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Supposedly your son went because he thinks this war is just?
If all of the above is true, then God forbid, if the time comes to bury one then do so amid pictures of Bush. Its your sacrifice to Bush.
I wish all troops well, but people with this mentality are sacrificing their young ones to Bush. Plain and simple.
Its you who has to live with this.

I am an ignorant Christian Republican so I did have to read your post several times. It still is beyond my comprehension to be told "bury my son with pictures of Bush", and "It is my sacrifice to Bush".

You have said that people with my mentality are sacrificing their young ones to Bush and we will just have to live with it.

I guess I looked at it as a Patriotic American with a Patriotic American hero for a son. My roots go back to the 1600's in this country and my people have fought and died in the Revolutionary war and all those that followed. We are proud to be American.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Good Thread
, to bad ALL Americans can't see those pictures,.......... I wonder what the "christians" would say or think if they saw what they had caused by voting Bush
. I wish my cousin could see this thread,........... it would give her something to really worry about if her son gets shipped over to Iraq,........... she's a stupid Republican Christian that voted Bush because she beleived his bull about his conversations with GOD. I pray nothing happens to her boy, but if something does, she has only herself, the others that voted Bush and George Bush to blame, and I don't want to hear nothing out of her mouth if GOD Forbid, Kevin gets killed, she voted for Bush,.......... now she'll have to live with her decision

Your cousin can not expect any compassion from you should her hero son get killed. I guess you could always say, "I told you so."

Well if the shoe fits,........... wear it. I am a honest person that does not hide my feelings or thoughts when it comes to the subject of Bush's War on Iraq or on anything else that concerns me . It is U N F O R G I V A B L E, the LIES that Bush told for his reasons to attack the country of Iraq. The S.O.B. should have been IMPEACHED over his first four years in the White House and ALL the D A M A G E that he has done.

BTW, I did not say that your son or daughter, whatever, or my cousin's son deserves to die,........ YOU DID, but you can blame no one else but the people that voted Bush back in and Bush for whatever happens to your loved ones because of Bush's ( I'm God) behavior and GREED.

As far as my cousin goes, she made her bed of roses, as thorny as it is, and she can lay in it. She will not get a "i told you so" from me as you claim,.......... but she might hear a "well you voted for Bush so don't cry now".

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

My roots go back to the 1600's in this country and my people have fought and died in the Revolutionary war and all those that followed. We are proud to be American.

Big deal, My roots go back just as far and I am American, I've had family in all those war's too. We are proud to be Americans but we're intelligent Americans.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree I am an ignorant Christian Republican so I did have to read your post several times. It still is beyond my comprehension to be told "bury my son with pictures of Bush", and "It is my sacrifice to Bush".

Mahree, it's not you that has the problem here. No one can comprehend the incomprehension of the "two of the three" that you have been conversing with.

There are people here that have a hatred for President Bush that is so great as to be almost fanatical. They fill the board with hate speak and rhetoric that range from annoying to sickening. The statement that someone would say to a grieving parent that since he or she "voted for Bush" they "shouldn't cry now", shows the complete lack of compassion their hatred has brought them too.

Instead of arguing with them, we should let them get their hate out of their system. I, for one, have avoided posting here on ATS's political sites since the election. I am patiently waiting for the hurt and the sour grapes posting to burn its self out so a discussion of issues may begin again.

By the same token it is important to remember that beliefs are strong. As the people on the left are so likely to point out when discussing the religious element of the vote, beliefs are very important. So, when someone has such a strong belief in their hatred of the President, the Republican party and all of the people in it, you would be wasting your time to try and change their beliefs.

Mahree, I applaud your attempt to stand up for what you believe. Your points are right and just. Don't let the rhetoric of the few get you down. There are people on this board on both sides of the political spectrum worthy of a good discussion. Seek them out. Don't waste your time here.

[edit on 11/16/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Originally posted by Mahree I am an ignorant Christian Republican so I did have to read your post several times. It still is beyond my comprehension to be told "bury my son with pictures of Bush", and "It is my sacrifice to Bush".

Mahree, it's not you that has the problem here. No one can comprehend the incomprehension of the "two of the three" that you have been conversing with.

Thank you Seth, before I had even read your post I had decided that I was just to ignorant to continue conversing with these people.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
The Islamic Fundementalists would not stop attacking the West even if we left the Middle East...

Quite the assumption, look back at Vietnam, and you'll now hear the Vietnamese we're fighting like hell because they felt the American forces were occupation forces. No matter how many times you say "domino theory" they still wanted to govern themselves, and free of foreign influence.

Why should our current situation seems so different?
What if another country, came to "free" America from it's government?
How would you react?

If we had a true dictatorial government and were freed, im one of those who would want to take the reins of my government, not be told by a foreigner how to do it. If I was, I'd tell him "Thanks, now go away!"

Every day longer we're there, we get seen more and more as an occupier and less as a liberator.

Having friends in the military overseas and in the U.S. their opinions differ. However, they all want to return home alive, and I feel the best way to insure that is to bring the ALL home.

A close friend, is upset at his brother for joining the "hero" job in the Army. My buddy stationed at Bragg in N.C. hears the war stories from returning troops. and knows what his brother is getting into; hell.

If your husband/wife/son/daughter returns home from the war, you might not hear the stories they told fellow soldiers, simply because you wouldn't want to hear them.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes, we're ignorant. State your opinion that we're 2 or 3 crazy fools and then screw.
Our opinions dont matter, only those of the Seths of the world matter.
Always want the last word and always right.
If we're not with ya, we're no good.
Always nice to hear from ya, Seth. Mighty neighborly of you to drop in.
Picking on the women again, huh Seth?
There are plenty of threads out there by "men" with lots more stuff you can debunk...
I think you have something against women posters.
Maybe ATS should look at this closely.

dh

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is different from Vietnam
That was less a plot to undermine America
More a plot to play out Cold War games
Iraq and the ME is an endgame
There is less of 'gooks' and more of an identifiable 'enemy'
Muslims, the new Jews

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
The only logic you need to understand is that it is impossible to fight a war without killing people.

You are against all war for any reason, period, so stop pretending you're against our reasons for going to war, as if any reason would be good enough for you.

YOU can DROP the attitude Dude,what's with all the jkingoff/Hand,..
First of all you go to war to fight the enemy .....you know the ones with the weapons in their hands...not civilians..

Secondly ..have you heard about the Geneva Convention...and Rules of Engagement....

3'rdly it's called collateral damage,but in the case of Fallujha it's much more than that.....Hospitals & mosques i would accept as collateral damage but not women & kids...

Anyways,as for the way you put it .IL's head chop atleast served the insurgents in their favour because they got the Koreans Out....and whoevr accepts the pay fora job in the high risk area of Iraq,takes a calculated risk.The kids you can never justify..
And for Berg,I read in a thread recently that the CIA might have made the tape for propaganda reasons,there were too many inconcictencies in the timing....
4'thly ...To cut off ones head with your own Hands is not the same as using high tech weapons that give you the benefit of being a mile or two away..
I find more dignity in chopping someones headoff then taking him out with a sniper rifle.....This mightsound crued but That's the way I see it..
And yes they are freedom fighters to an extent...If you know what the Iraqi people have been through the last 30 years with the last ten of imbargoes,oil for food they called it..But you had kids dying of threatable deseas but no medication was allowed in for feer of them turning them to chemical weapons...which was a load off bull...then you would'nt say that is war because there was never a war against the Iraqi people...
So I suggest before you start pulling yourself give it some thought first...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Once again, everyone is bashing each other without the truth of the matter. YES - War is not pretty and people do get killed. The point is, all the pictures are distrubing and it is not justified.

POINT: The United States and the Allies that are in Iraq are not going to leave anytime soon. Women, children and men alike will all die and many more. Do I think it is fair to just post pictures of what the US is doing? NO! Nor do I think it's fair to put down a country that has done more for the world than anyone would admit to.

Remember that this war is based on many reasons not just what is fed to you to swallow.

Agreed -- ALL OF THE PICTURES SHOW WHAT MAN CAN DO TO MAN!

Not one of you can say that you did not arrive in life without conflict! We are ALL a product of war, no matter how you want to deny it.

So do everyone a favor, when you try to point out your position - try to be unbiased!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's amazing. Some people just want to kill more despite all the killing that already has been done.

I also don't understand the "We didn't mean to kill them, but they did" logic. Are they still trying to show the difference between killing and killing?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thinking about what I said before, I want to re-phase something I said.
I can understand how people that voted for George W Bush, the first time (2000) would follow the man they voted for as President and cheer Bush on when he went after Bin Laden and his group, I was right there cheering Bush on with everyone else after 911 happened, I was SURE that Bush would get the people RESPONSIBLE for the murders of that day. I felt so much pride and respect for Bush at that time, but, all that changed when he tried to say Iraq was involved, that they had WMDs and we were to invade Iraq, then the killing started on both sides with innocent people being murdered.

Anyway, the citizens that did vote for Bush the first time around,............ didn't know better, they did not know that George Bush would mis-use the power given to a president, for ill-gotten-gain and revenge, they did not know that he would mis-lead us into a war of crimes against a country that was not a threat (at this time) and that we would suffer heavy loss-of-life with our troops and 100,000 Iraqi citizens dead. Let us not forget the losses of jobs here at home along with everything else that was going bad for the citizens of the US.

No one knew that by voting for him in 1999-2000, that everything would go to hell under his leadership,................ Everyone got BLIND-SIDED.

Before the Election of 2004,............ everyone KNEW what Bush was all about, they had four years to see what kind of leader this man was and that he was hell-bent on staying in Iraq to keep control of the Iraqi oil and it didn't matter how many died as long as he kept control of the spoils.

This past Nov. 2,04 Election is what I was refering to in my other post that I also spoke of my cousin in and I still stand by what I said.

Seth, I speak of what I think and feel about this war,.... that never should have happened,........... it's not my fault, dgtempt's fault, or marg's fault, or anyone else's fault , thats against this war, that Bush is the person in charge, that started this death-trap, he is the one sitting in the white House making all these decisions, He is responsible and the ones that helped put there for a second term.
This is FACT !!!!!!!

I am truely sorry for anyone that has lost a loved one in Iraq, I am not heartless or unfeeling to your pain but, for those that voted for George Bush this year,........... you knew but yet you still voted for him.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join