It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Pictures (not for the weak)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Mister Ed, tell me, how many times, other than 9/11, have we been under attack by 'radical islam' ? How many murders are commited each year in America? And, how many of them as gruesome as the be-headings? Scott Peterson ring a bell ? Deep

Lets see, lets just say BEFORE 911,

WTC 1
Oklahoma City
USS Cole
African Embasies
TWA800?
Somalia

Shall I go on?

Oh hell yes we have urders in the US. As long as we get more secular they will get worse...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Funny that Sadam was such a horrble man but the only terror in his country was him.

US invaded Iraq and terrorist came to the country, so actually the invasion of Iraq is the reason is terrorist in that country now.

Some people need to get reallity check, and by the way if somebody is sick because what we post get a good dosis of "deny Ignorance" it will make you fell better in not time

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Okay. Its funny how after viewing these pics people still come here and justify it. Ibn iblis , nick berg went to iraq and was helping the US invading forces. He wasnt in america where he was a peacful person and Iraqes Basterds went and chopped his head off. He went to war and he knew what was coming . Verfed, For god sake u r from israel, u hate all arabs and want to see them die, u dont give a damn about americans who are led like sheeps to the war becuz of stupid bush. People, the war is killing not only iraqies, but also alot and alot of americans. From the pics some are hardly 20 years old. Ask ur self why or for what? Iraq arnt the ones who did 11th of sep. Osama is not even iraqy. Give me a damn break.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

WTC 1
Oklahoma City
USS Cole
African Embasies
TWA800?
Somalia

Shall I go on?

Oh hell yes we have urders in the US. As long as we get more secular they will get worse...

Yeah, Sadam did all that and it was Iraqi people doing all that specially the children that is why they are now dying in fallujah, you know edsinger you need a dosis of "deny Ignorance" too.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Hanoi Jane? This title honors me as opposed to spreading ignorance and lies.

That says it all.......................Jane did her fair share, come to think of it, Kerry did too....good thing he wasnt elected.

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Yeah. Let's always remember 9/11, but never understand it. Just get pissed over it, don't look at it too closely and realize who did it in the first place. Let's go kill those A-Rabs.

You really think it is an inside job dont you? Just what are you smoking?

Originally posted by marg6043
Yeah, Sadam did all that and it was Iraqi people doing all that specially the children that is why they are now dying in fallujah, you know edsinger you need a dosis of "deny Ignorance" too.

You just dont get it do you marg? Do you now understand that Saddam supported Islamic Terrorism against the West and against the country and armed forces that you husband served? Why can you not understand that Saddam is but a piece of the puzzle, but a damn important one...

alas though........you can not see the truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
BTW , guys i am not sure if u know this or not. But saddam, the son of a bi**h was getting heavily payed by the US in his war against iran cuz it was in the US benifit. Then He started listening less to the states, and doing things more like his way. America could not afford such a strong almost a super power arab muslim country and gave him a green light to invade kuwait. then they went it and destroyed iraq. Honestly speaking i dont give a damn about saddam, all i care about is american and iraqie people dieing i thousands.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

WTC 1
Oklahoma City
USS Cole
African Embasies
TWA800?
Somalia

Shall I go on?

American soil, American Soil ed; There has been only one commited against the U.S. that resulted in deaths.

Saddam had no ties to Al - Qeada Ed ! That's been proven time after time !

What does secularism have anything to do with stoping terrorism; please, tell me, is there some sort of historical dictation that manifests the idea of theocracy not being prone to terrorists attacks?

Deep

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Here Marg ,

Just for you...

Baghdad was for years the official, undisguised home address of Abu Nidal, then the most-wanted gangster in the world, who had been sentenced to death even by the PLO and had blown up airports in Vienna and Rome. Baghdad was the safe house for the man whose "operation" murdered Leon Klinghoffer.

Nope no terror there

Saddam boasted publicly of his financial sponsorship of suicide bombers in Israel. (Quite a few Americans of all denominations walk the streets of Jerusalem.)

Nope not terror there either

In 1991, a large number of Western hostages were taken by the hideous Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and held in terrible conditions for a long time. After that same invasion was repelled—Saddam having killed quite a few Americans and Egyptians and Syrians and Brits in the meantime and having threatened to kill many more—the Iraqi secret police were caught trying to murder former President Bush during his visit to Kuwait. Never mind whether his son should take that personally.

Nice guy this Saddam

(Though why should he not?) Should you and I not resent any foreign dictatorship that attempts to kill one of our retired chief executives? (President Clinton certainly took it that way: He ordered the destruction by cruise missiles of the Baathist "security" headquarters.)

Clinton though he was a nice guy too

Iraqi forces fired, every day, for 10 years, on the aircraft that patrolled the no-fly zones and staved off further genocide in the north and south of the country.

That right there is justification, as he did not honor his own agreements marg

In 1993, a certain Mr. Yasin helped mix the chemicals for the bomb at the World Trade Center and then skipped to Iraq, where he remained a guest of the state until the overthrow of Saddam.

Nope , no ties here either

In 2001, Saddam's regime was the only one in the region that openly celebrated the attacks on New York and Washington and described them as just the beginning of a larger revenge.

Remember this one marg? He offered help too

Its official media regularly spewed out a stream of anti-Semitic incitement. I think one might describe that as "threatening," even if one was narrow enough to think that anti-Semitism only menaces Jews.

Nice guy again

And it was after, and not before, the 9/11 attacks that Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi moved from Afghanistan to Baghdad and began to plan his now very open and lethal design for a holy and ethnic civil war.

Oh no! No Alqaeda ties here either, Egyptian Jihad huh?

On Dec. 1, 2003, the New York Times reported—and the David Kay report had established—that Saddam had been secretly negotiating with the "Dear Leader" Kim Jong-il in a series of secret meetings in Syria, as late as the spring of 2003, to buy a North Korean missile system, and missile-production system, right off the shelf. (This attempt was not uncovered until after the fall of Baghdad, the coalition's presence having meanwhile put an end to the negotiations.)

Guess we missed that one, oh wait the UN DID. Nice guy with no threats to the US and the West huh, come on Marg, think!

Saddam never has threatened the United States right?

The Lefts Hero, made from Sores, lesions and cancers

www.bowlingfortruth.com...

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Reason.

They want to destroy us. Its not just Osama.

Who is they? Why do they want to destroy us? And how exactly do you exterminate them? It's one thing to facilitate the notion of getting rid of terrorism, it's another to realize 'how', 'when', 'where'..

Deep

Did you read my post?

Who? I said Islamic Fundamentalism is "they" and all that follow it.

Why? Lets see... there is a long list. We support Israel and they do not like it. We have supported them during 4 attempt of Arabic neighbor suprise attacks. I guess another reason is because we do business with Saudi arabia which is home to the birth of Islam and since we are a predominatly christian state it does not go well. Lets see..... We helped Osama and his goons fight the Russians so them could not take over afgahnistan so he figured he would pay up back by:

Bombing the World Trade Center
Bombing the USS cole
Bombing our African Embasies
Fighting us in somalia
and on and on.....

They Just don't like us.

How?

I know by siting around and doing nothing won't help.
I guess maybe by apeasment? You think that will work?

And don't just hit me back with "Iraq was not part of the war on terror"

If I was president I would not of launched a war on Iraq but I do know that by leaving Saddam in place many people would have died anyways.

Lets not forget the gassing of the Kurds which had a one day death toll of approx. 5000 innocent men , women, and children.

Saddam Chemical attack of kurds kills 5000 (WARNING GRAPHIC)

Powell Pays tribute to Kurds who were killed

And dont even get started about his wars with neighbors where thousands where killed with WMD's.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Nevermind then, but when American vehicles bombed out are posted again......

*Mods removed the pictures, so go up a link and follow them**

Post them! They want to show the Americans and how bad they are and how saddam never hurt anyone...Lets see

Note, no WMD here, never happened right

I do not need to post more, but I will post the best one of the whole bunch and one of the reasons WHY we went into Iraq.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
ed, I have only been here a short time, but don't you think these pictures are just a tad too graphic ?
Would you like pictures of dead Amercian soldiers to be posted on here ? I think not.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarnos
ed, I have only been here a short time, but don't you think these pictures are just a tad too graphic ?
Would you like pictures of dead Amercian soldiers to be posted on here ? I think not.

But they have been, many times. If the Mods want them out, then fine...delete them.

I am sick and tired of it being ok in here to bash the Americans and yet give the terrorists or Saddam a clean ride.

If they can, then why not post the other side?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
*AHEM*

1. We seem to be having a problem with quoting in this thread. Cut it out with the massive and/or compound quotes. Now.
2. If we're going to show graphic, potentially disturbing, or LARGE images, post a LINK to the image with an appropriate "graphic content" notice. If I see any posts not adhering to this, warnings will result.

Got it?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
*AHEM*

Well I was in the process of deleting them and you beat me to it. I shouldnt have but dangit, they post American violence......At least dg did post just the links......my bad.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This from that site on the Kurdish Bombing.

Article by the correspondent of the London Daily., the independent, published on 23rd of March, 1988:
" ... The reported slaughter of 5,000 Kurds in Iraqi poison gas attacks underlines a dangerous new dimension
in the volatile middle east: the growth of the chemical warfare capability of several important regional powers, and the fear that, despite efforts to curb these weapons, they could be used more widely.

".. (in producing chemical weapons) Iraq has apparently been helped by British, west German, Indian, Austrian, Belgian, and Italian companies, despite bans on the sale of chemical that could have military use...

"... There is evidence that the Iraqis did drop poison gas bombs on the towns because the traditionally rebellious Kurds, who have been fighting for autonomy from Baghdad for years, welcomed the Iranian (troops)."

Let's use the line American tend to use: " They were casualties of war". Simple as that, no ? I mean, we have killed many more in Vietnam and deemed those Casualties of war; Cambodia, where we droped 7 billion dollars worth of bombs....

Did you read my post?

Who? I said Islamic Fundamentalism is "they" and all that follow it.

Islamic Fundamentalism is just to ambigious and vauge my freind; i need names, faces, groups, countries, etc etc etc. Islamic Fundamentalism is as multi-fawceted as Christian Fundamentalism: Some Christians blow up abortion clinics, others buildings, some use 'passive' methods and try to tout 'creationism' into class rooms: Creation science is an intellectual genocide on it's own..

They Just don't like us.

How?

I know by siting around and doing nothing won't help.
I guess maybe by apeasment? You think that will work?

And don't just hit me back with "Iraq was not part of the war on terror"

If I was president I would not of launched a war on Iraq but I do know that by leaving Saddam in place many people would have died anyways.

Lets not forget the gassing of the Kurds which had a one day death toll of approx. 5000 innocent men , women, and children.

I asked this question regarding Islamic terrorists, not Saddam Husain; if this is the case, then why are we not sending troops into Dafur, NK, China, etc etc etc ? What about the countless millions at stake there? But wait, we can't create propaganda to manipulate the American and international public to believe these people pose a threat to us..

So, now, answe the initial question: How do we quell terrorism ? We can ascertain that 'coercion' is doing the opposite of what we initialy thought would stop terrorism: we have created more terrorism that we can fight in a century..

Ed,

What's the point of showing me 'ONE' dead child, 'TWO' dead persons, and a 'PILE' of dead 'ARBRITRARY' bodies? What exactly does that prove, that they are dead?

Iran had placed itself in Kurdish territory whom Saddam thought was harbouring them, so he acted like any one would in a military situation.

How about i show you the bodies of those Native Americans killed by the millions?

Deep

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Marg, Saddam was not a merciful benevolent ruler who gave all of the oil money back to his people.

He didn't waste the money on his palaces. He didn't operate torture chambers in his prisons. He didn't have his political opponents daughters raped in prison. He didn't have mass graves all over the country to bury the Shiites and Kurds he killed.

Cmon Marg.......Iraq was stable under Saddam because Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of people to keep it stable. He was evil.......atleast admit that.

marg and dgtempt, let me answer for you ,.......... P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!

verfed, your right........... Saddam was a evil, vile monster for murdering people of his country,................ there's no doubt that he was a "dictator", but now let us look at George W Bush and what he has done. Hummmmm, well, (1) Bush LIED about the WMDs and Saddam being a "threat" to the United States as the REASON to INVADE IRAQ, (2) Bush is bathing in the BLOOD of over 100,000 Iraqi Citizens and over 1200 American troops, plus the victims of the "be-headings", and the American and Iraqis that have been injured/maimed,............. Bush will bath in their blood for as long as he lives,..... because theres no way for him to cleanse his body or soul of the DEATH and DESTRUCTION he has caused,... the day Bush dies of natural causes (I asume), the only after-life that he will come in contact with is HELL
, which he rightly deserves

dgtempt,
Good Thread
, to bad ALL Americans can't see those pictures,.......... I wonder what the "christians" would say or think if they saw what they had caused by voting Bush
. I wish my cousin could see this thread,........... it would give her something to really worry about if her son gets shipped over to Iraq,........... she's a stupid Republican Christian that voted Bush because she beleived his bull about his conversations with GOD. I pray nothing happens to her boy, but if something does, she has only herself, the others that voted Bush and George Bush to blame, and I don't want to hear nothing out of her mouth if GOD Forbid, Kevin gets killed, she voted for Bush,.......... now she'll have to live with her decision . I know I sound "cold" and "unfeeling", I have to be that way so I won't feel the effects of a family-member's murder from over in Iraq, when I know that his or her's vote and parents votes help put Bush in for a second term.

verfed, as far as I'm concerned, Bush is NO BETTER nor WORSE than Saddam, they are the same, except for one difference,.......... Saddam murdered his own people, he did not Invade the United States and murder any of our people,............... whereas, Bush Invaded Iraq and MURDERED our Soldiers,Troops and the Iraqi citizens

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

If I put up pictures of cows getting slaughtered and turned into steaks, would you stop eating meat?

I'll give you an honest answer to your question,Netchicken
. YES !!!!!!!!!!!
I worked in a slaughter-house,......... on the "kill-floor" with cattle for over 1 1/2 years,................ , Listening to the cows "cry" when their hung up-side down by their hind-leg (shackled) in fear, their last "loud" cry right before the "bolt" is slammed into their heads, throats cut and the blood being shocked out of them,.....etc,.......,. that was in 1988 and I would not eat beef for years because of what I seen and worked in. I started eating beef again, in the mid 1990s , but I still will not eat hamburger,

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I only read through half of the posts here, and I cannot believe the thought processes of some of you. To borrow a line from one of my favorite movies:

"We all have to fear evil men. But there is a greater fear, and that is the indifference of good men."

It's easy to voice your objection to what's going on over there, but untill you have been in Iraq first hand and can honeslty tell me they were better off then, you all get a

It seems a lot of you are not prepared for the adult world. Go back to your Tonka toys, the grown up's are talking.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Watch them kill Jack Hensley

It didn't have to be this way.

Your right Iblis, it didn't have to be that way,............. EVERYTHING that has took place when Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq didn't HAVE TO BE THAT WAY,
. Iraq did not need invaded, WE did not NEED to invade Iraq, George Bush did not need to order the invasion of Iraq, the citizens of Iraq did not ASK for the United States to invade, the citizens did not NEED to be MURDERED by Bush and our Troops did not need to be in a harmless country to be MURDERED by Bush's orders.

NONE OF THIS DEATH AND DESTRUCTION NEEDED TO HAPPEN,........... but it did,............... because George Bush and Dick Cheney ORDERED it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rami_Arna
Okay. Its funny how after viewing these pics people still come here and justify it. Ibn iblis , nick berg went to iraq and was helping the US invading forces. He wasnt in america where he was a peacful person and Iraqes Basterds went and chopped his head off. He went to war and he knew what was coming . Verfed, For god sake u r from israel, u hate all arabs and want to see them die, u dont give a damn about americans who are led like sheeps to the war becuz of stupid bush. People, the war is killing not only iraqies, but also alot and alot of americans. From the pics some are hardly 20 years old. Ask ur self why or for what? Iraq arnt the ones who did 11th of sep. Osama is not even iraqy. Give me a damn break.

How about those Russian School children, did they know!?!? Were they in Iraq?! Guess what, WWII was 5000000x worse. I dont hear any of you complaining about that. You are complaining about us trying to eliminate cold hearted murderers. THEY MURDER MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD! You need a reality check, ask yourself, why am i defending the terrorists? You dont think these guys are terrorists... since when is beheading people who beg for their life an act of war. Nick Berg wasn't fighting the people in Iraq, he was helping rebuild Iraq, and was MURDERED by them. What is this war for, NO it isn't oil, it is for freedom, it is for safety, and it is for better world relations. Guess what democracy in Afghanistan and Iraq is going to do... SPARK an era of change in the Middle East, allow peace to finally become a reality. And give America great power in the middle east. The only reason you are against this war is because of the liberal media, hey guess who took those pictures, cuz it sure wasn't republicans. I want a number from all of you who are no longer in support of this war. How many more people would Sadaam had to have brutely murdered before you supported this invasion, regardless of Weapons of Mass Destruction. There has to be a number. Because that number would have been much higher than any total death toll we had to have take place before Fallujah was secured, and im including the whole war. You are either for or against this war. If you stand against it, you stand with the terrorists. .

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Ryanp5555]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join