It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a "Clean Bill"? Includes $3 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.

Read more here

This is why we all have problems with our political theater that we enjoy...more pork.

Apparently Section 123 of the bill we have the following language:

Sec 123. Section 3(a)(6) of Public Law 100-676 is amended by striking both occurrences of "$775,000,000" and inserting in lieu thereof, "2,918,000,000".

Section 3(a)(6) of Public Law 100-676 you say? Well it reads:

(6) LOWER OHIO RIVER, ILLINOIS AND KENTUCKY.—The project for navigation. Lower Ohio River, Locks and Dams 52 and 53. Illinois and Kentucky: Report of the Chief of Engineers, dated August 20, 1986. at a total cost of $775,000,000, with a first Federal cost of $775,000,000, and with tile costs of construction of the project to be paid one-half from amounts appropriated from the general fund of the Treasury and one-half from amounts appropriated from the Inland Waterways Trust Fund.

Nice...it pays to have power I suppose. We will all cheer as more and more pork is found in this "last minute" deal...

ETA:
Added link to news story.
edit on 16-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

That has to be McConnell cause Paul voted NO. Might have been what made him okay the bill.

Hoping House takes it out.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

At this point, I can care less who the put it in; it is exactly what is wrong with the Government and what so many (vilified for doing so too) have fought against. Senator Reid and President Obama wanted a "clean" bill, but here is a clear example of anything of such!

What a crock of nonsense (for lack of ability to use the word I wish to)!

It is "clean" if it doesn't affect the PPACA but adding pork doesn't seem to phase these jackasses on the Hill or even our President.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Feinstein put it in -

But Sen. Dianne Feinstein, chairwoman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, tells Fox News she put the dam funding in the budget deal because "there is no money” to fund the project otherwise.

Feinstein, D-Calif., says if the dam was not funded, all barge traffic, a significant source of commerce on the Ohio River, would be suspended. She says the funding was included in the budget bill because it is the only spending bill moving.

“It's a series of locks on a dam. If it isn't funded, it shuts down,” Feinstein said. “It's in the public good.”

www.foxnews.com...

Wonder who connected to her profits?
edit on 16-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Great catch! You have to love the kind of money they're keeping local on their pets. Yeaaaa! Go guys! I knew you came together from your sense of responsibility to the republic.

"Pack up your desks." I personally would like to see all of them in Leavenworth in two months instead, it would be more equitable. And I'm not even Webster Tarpley.

Forget feeding kitty, too. I hate seeing lions with food poisoning. I have a dove and wouldn't do that to a cat... just for starters, the tainted protein farts are absolutely brutal like rat chili squared.

/wild speculation on/... while the money could have stopped (on average) about 3/4 of a million foreclosures/evictions, at $4500 per summons.

One chunk of artificial money pork= present real time debt load for almost two million homeless. I love this country--
/sarc on/
and it's Bizzarroesque, completely schizoid financial restructuring right in your face.
/sarc off/
/speculation off/

or was it speculation?
Because this is ultimately the real deal, for the record : where else on Earth can you today see a whole vacant residential structure for each and every homeless person: and consider that to be normal? I should run for orifice... now I are one.

This phenomenon is the exact antithesis of FDR's New Deal on some designer-potency psychotropics... a good sized mittful washed down with a half tumbler of pure cetyl alcohol.

I sincerely hope that in the interest and spirit of fiscal responsibility to The People: these two are found out by the whole general population, and completely for this.
May also the effects of chemical bombardment on same People be to no avail for emotion suppression; and the proper corrective action administered for the first time in our short history compared to Rome's. Use your imagination, America-- I dare you.

Thanks again, timely catch on a personally impacting wrinkle...
I'm out in the snow next month for a third of the bracketed chalk talk debt. That's a mathematical and legal fact.
There isn't enough potential stashed sodium flouride slurry underground in old Crimea to keep me from feeling like doing what I would love to right now. Have to go now and pack some more before 2300...
it may calm me slightly, but it's doubtful.
edit on 16-10-2013 by derfreebie because: I have it! Burn down Rome, blame the Christians, FEED KITTY!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by liveandlearn

At this point, I can care less who the put it in; it is exactly what is wrong with the Government and what so many (vilified for doing so too) have fought against. Senator Reid and President Obama wanted a "clean" bill, but here is a clear example of anything of such!

What a crock of nonsense (for lack of ability to use the word I wish to)!

It is "clean" if it doesn't affect the PPACA but adding pork doesn't seem to phase these jackasses on the Hill or even our President.

Total agreement OP. Exactly what is wrong with both houses. Their little perks to get their vote. They talk about the pork and do nothing about it for the most part. Boehner did take the pork out of the funding for Hurricane Sandy relief.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Maluhia
Feinstein put it in -

But Sen. Dianne Feinstein,
QUOTE UNCATED FOR BREVITY.. please see original reply
"there is no money”
“It's a series of locks on a dam. If it isn't funded, it shuts down,” Feinstein said. “It's in the public good.”

www.foxnews.com...

Wonder who connected to her profits?
edit on 16-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

I am all for effective and inexpensive commerce. As a pragmatist I positively reinforce that our infrastructure indeed sucks.
But this 'rider' stuck on just because "it's the only bill moving" right now isn't stopping me from moving out into the snow with a few thousand other people this fall.
Who owns the construction subcontractors doing the lock work... don't tell me, it's almost bedtime. Time for a baking soda and hemlock nightcap.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

liveandlearn
Total agreement OP. Exactly what is wrong with both houses. Their little perks to get their vote. They talk about the pork and do nothing about it for the most part. Boehner did take the pork out of the funding for Hurricane Sandy relief.

And the Republicans were hammered for doing so; which to me didn't make sense. They were, at least on the face, saying "take care of Sandy victims and stop stuffing the bill"...but it was spun the other way by a very compliant media.

Oh well. Take it as it comes I suppose. Call out the nonsense; left/right, democrat/republican, doesn't matter. Until we actually have a clear moral and ethical standard for what we want our Senator and Representatives to stand for -- we will continue to get this malarkey.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

derfreebie

Great catch! You have to love the kind of money they're keeping local on their pets. Yeaaaa! Go guys! I knew you came together from your sense of responsibility to the republic.

"Pack up your desks." I personally would like to see all of them in Leavenworth in two months instead, it would be more equitable. And I'm not even Webster Tarpley.

Forget feeding kitty, too. I hate seeing lions with food poisoning. I have a dove and wouldn't do that to a cat... just for starters, the tainted protein farts are absolutely brutal like rat chili squared.

/wild speculation on/... while the money could have stopped (on average) about 3/4 of a million foreclosures/evictions, at $4500 per summons.

Dude!!!!!!! That was a freaking out there post! Lol I was rolling trying to figure out wtf was being said but you lost me :-) it kinda reminded me of gonzo writing style like "fear and loathing in Las Vegas"

One chunk of artificial money pork= present real time debt load for almost two million homeless. I love this country--
/sarc on/
and it's Bizzarroesque, completely schizoid financial restructuring right in your face.
/sarc off/
/speculation off/

or was it speculation?
Because this is ultimately the real deal, for the record : where else on Earth can you today see a whole vacant residential structure for each and every homeless person: and consider that to be normal? I should run for orifice... now I are one.

This phenomenon is the exact antithesis of FDR's New Deal on some designer-potency psychotropics... a good sized mittful washed down with a half tumbler of pure cetyl alcohol.

I sincerely hope that in the interest and spirit of fiscal responsibility to The People: these two are found out by the whole general population, and completely for this.
May also the effects of chemical bombardment on same People be to no avail for emotion suppression; and the proper corrective action administered for the first time in our short history compared to Rome's. Use your imagination, America-- I dare you.

I'm out in the snow next month for a third of the bracketed chalk talk debt. That's a mathematical and legal fact.
There isn't enough potential stashed sodium flouride slurry underground in old Crimea to keep me from feeling like doing what I would love to right now. Have to go now and pack some more before 2300...
it may calm me slightly, but it's doubtful.
edit on 16-10-2013 by derfreebie because: I have it! Burn down Rome, blame the Christians, FEED KITTY!

Dude!!!!!!! That was a freaking out there post! Lol I was rolling trying to figure out wtf was being said but you lost me :-) it kinda reminded me of gonzo writing style like "fear and loathing in Las Vegas"
edit on 16-10-2013 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
But, but, did they take out the $170k+ to some dead politician's wife, or did that remain, too?

I can somewhat see the logic on the dams funding (although, I question if it's crucial at the current moment) But some dough to a widow? Whyyyy?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

agentblue

derfreebie

Great catch! You have to love the kind of money they're keeping local on their pets. Yeaaaa! Go guys!

QUOTE TRUNCATED FOR BREVITY'S SAKE

edit on 16-10-2013 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

My apologies, Blue, and a star for your reference to one of the favorite authors of my younger days.

What I was trying to say in a nutshell is that priorities in Congress are grossly self-serving even in a crisis: and I feel at this point exposing them may not even save the country. Sure didn't do me any good-- or anybody I know in Illinois... other than kick my can out into the snow.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well Ya Know,
We send a hell of a lot more than that ANNUALLY
to Foreign Nations.

So , All in All, The Kentucky Kickback is an American Deal.

Is it Questionable, sure, but it is within Sovereign U.S. Territory.

S A V V Y ?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Indeed, I just found it dubious at best; shady at worst; that the demand for a "clean" bill is met with one with pet project funding increases embedded within....

Call my cynical but the last minute, eleventh hour, nonsense is getting old. Everyone of political power will win in someway or another and the People will yet again, lose.

top topics

join