It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Rep King argued that President Obama himself used the term during a health care summit at Blair House last year. “President Obama called it ObamaCare. I know he uses his middle name but no one else can, but he’s named it ObamaCare and that’s the only way to describe it. It’s the best way to describe it.” The President did reference the term, saying, “It turns out that more Americans are now getting their health care coverage from government than those that are getting it from the private sector. And you know what, that’s without a bill from the Democrats or from President Obama. Has nothing to do with “Obamacare.”

It´s affordable care act

But why not just call it the Affordable Care Act? “It’s not affordable in the first place,” King replied. “It’s $2.6 trillion in spending over the first ten years, so that doesn’t work. I don’t know what else to call it.” “It’s an over-spending bill that is the largest taking of American liberty in the history of the United States. It takes away our ability to control our own health. It’s a nationalization of our skin and everything inside it – and it’s a ten percent tax on the outside if you go to the tanning salon. I’ve called it a malignant tumor that threatens to metastasize. All of that’s under the moniker ObamaCare. But the other side has argued and defended it, so if they were successful, they wouldn’t think the term ObamaCare was pejorative,” King added.

Anyway, he seems to like his name in this and gets most likely a lot self pleasure everytime he hears that.. i can picture the smile ..

edit on 16-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

xuenchen
Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks

There's some indications that 'ObamaCare' is losing steam.

Big drop in HealthCare.gov Web site visitation.

Very low enrollment.

Is this whole thing a failure ?

How *popular* is it REALLY ?

A new estimate by an independent web analysis firm says public interest in Healthcare.gov is waning.

According to the Washington Post "The number of visitors to the federal government’s HealthCare.gov Web site dropped 88 percent between Oct. 1 and Oct. 13..." The site reportedly drew 9.4 million unique visitors in its first week of operation but in the 2nd week "the site attracted 4.1 million visitors, or less than half of what it garnered its first week."

The Obama administration has repeatedly refused to say how many people have signed up for coverage on the federal exchange. Their sole response to questions about enrollment is to cite the total number of unique visitors to the website and claim this shows "intense demand." But looked at over time it is clear that demand is declining fairly quickly, at about the pace one might expect box office receipts of a new film to drop off week after week.

Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks

And, what's with the low sign up rates ?

We were told that something like 40 million people have no insurance.

Less than half of one percent of HealthCare.gov visitors were able to enroll for health insurance during the first week of Obamacare. According to Kantar US Insights and nonpartisan research firm Millward Brown Digital, Healthcare.gov had 9.47 million visitors but only 36,000 who completed enrollment in week one.

One Obama Administration Obama official said the reports were “inaccurate.” Aneesh Chopra, President Obama’s first Chief Technology Officer said that although the numbers were interesting what really matters is that one million Americans registered to the site. "Account creation is always the holy grail. That’s the moment that matters," he commented in an interview.

Less Than Half of One Percent of HealthCare.gov Visitors Complete Obamacare Enrollment

The question may be;

How *BIG* is the failure ?

How much will Failure cost ?

And, who gets to keep the money ?

I saw on the news that only 1/2 of 1% or 0.5% of all people who register are actually purchasing plans.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

xuenchen

buster2010
It's no surprise that the number dropped. For one the site was broken and parts of it was shutdown. And none of the applications was being processed due to the shutdown. How many people are going to go through the process of filling everything out when nothing is going to be done about it.

How do you feel about having to pay for that ?

And how do you feel about others having to pay for the mistakes and debacles and boondoggles ?

Shutdown ?

If the 'shutdown' affected enrollment, how did people enroll at all ?

There are claims of 'thousands' successfully signing up.

Hmmm.

Seeing how my tax money was spent on a site that didn't work I didn't like it at all. They could of at least made sure it worked they should demand money back from the people who made it.

With applications not being processed no one was enrolled.

Anybody can make claims but rarely do they back it up with proof.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I dont see why we shouldnt appropriate our tax dollars from war to healthcare. Or paying congress to healthcare for that matter.

Does anyone else in America see how under control we are?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

xuenchen

NOT TRUE!!

Here in Delaware we had NO ONE signed up as of yesterday.
As of today we had ONE PERSON signed up
So our numbers are growing!!
(sarcasm .... obviously)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

onequestion
I just dont understand why people are against gun registration and health insurance but they dont vigorously follow that same argument with car insurance and registration.

Can someone explain this to me?

Who says we aren't against that level of intrusion also?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

xuenchen

FlyersFan

NOT TRUE!!

Here in Delaware we had NO ONE signed up as of yesterday.
As of today we had ONE PERSON signed up
So our numbers are growing!!
(sarcasm .... obviously)

LOL

That means there was no steam to begin with !!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its not apart of the political conversation.

So far we have been able to get rid of Obamacare which was doomed from the beginning and to stale the war on Syria and Iran.

Its ok im willing to accept the fact the people are slowly starting to realize their ignorance. Excuse the venom.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by buster2010

I dont see why we shouldnt appropriate our tax dollars from war to healthcare. Or paying congress to healthcare for that matter.

Does anyone else in America see how under control we are?

Is that a 'suggestion' to expand MediCare step by step (age by age) ?

How would that work ?

I wonder if the payroll tax increase would be cheaper than the corruptions of PPACA.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

buster2010

You do know Bush started the phone program not Obama right?

Actually, you are partially wrong.
The Free Obama Phone: Real or Urban Legend?

The cell phone distribution program did begin in 2008, the year Obama was elected president, but that is a coincidence. Let’s look more closely at the facts. Notice that earlier we said Link-Up helps fund “installation.” What installation does a cell phone have? None. So why is installation part of Link-Up, which is under the Lifeline program umbrella? Because, the whole thing began back in 1996 when the Federal Communications Commission authorized the programs for landline phones. At that time it provided discounts on landline phones only, for obvious reasons. To this day the government provides discounts on landline phones for financially disadvantaged people in the United States and U.S. territories. The Link-Up portion helps with the installation and the Lifeline Assistance part helps with the monthly bills, to the tune of roughly ten dollars a month. So, the subsidization of phones began under President Clinton, and has continued under Presidents Bush and Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

It will stay on the books because depending on how many do not sign up, adds up to a lot of money when we have to pay the taxes, I mean fines, cough

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Point is he wasn't the one who coined the phrase. It was first in print back in 2007, look it up and you can see.

But are you now moving the goal post to he said it once so now that's equal to naming it?

If you don't like the thing fine but at least try to accurate. The guy has plenty of faults without having to make things up. I doubt Bush named the tax cuts as the Bush tax cuts and even if he referred to them once after the fact it wouldn't mean he was responsible for the nickname.

Anyway weren't you under the impression that the ACA was actually officially called Obamacare? That's how you made it out to be in your first post on the matter.

BTW not that it makes much difference with what you posted but it's good to make it habit to actually post links when you source.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Is that a 'suggestion' to expand MediCare step by step (age by age) ?
How would that work ?
I wonder if the payroll tax increase would be cheaper than the corruptions of PPACA.

WHAT??? HUH???

Are you having your own conversation in your head?

Ok, people are insane. I have to accept it because its not up to me to change.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Certainly, i do not have to own a gun or car if i do not wish to,
i can avoid the fines and penalties by simply not participating,
the ACA on the other hand forces me to spend far more than
my wage can support for healthcare that i cannot realistically
use. If my deductible is 5k a year and my premium is 200 or
so dollars a month, i also do not qualify for the subsidy, then
im paying for something that is pretty much useless.

Right now i can afford to go tot he doctor several times a year,
mine only charges about 60$ a visit, so instead of 3 annual visits
i will now pay 200$ per month plus a 35$ deductible for office
visits, as you can see not only does the so called healthcare
not actually do my any good, it does a large amount of harm
to the economy as a large portion of my income is taken
and cannot be spent elsewhere, such as saving for a new (used)
car or home repair, vacations or travel for leisure is out the
window...... this can honestly only end badly.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Alxandro

dollukka
What will happen to Obamacare when Obama has served his second term ? Will the next POTUS keep program alive or bury it to the deepest sinkhole they can find? If that happens would it be quite embarrassing...

Just like Global Warming got renamed to Climate Change once people realized it was a scam, this nightmare known as ObamaCare will be renamed the Un-Affordable Care Act.

I prefer Otraumacare because the only thing that's going to be covered (in part) is emergency care and people are going to be traumatized by their new health insurance plans.

Let's not even discuss what kind of lack of care these plans are going to lead to.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Sorry, forgot that. Not at my sharpest mode at late nite.. here is the link abc

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
LOL, it's been two weeks.

Give it a rest, the ACA is moving along just fine...no one thought that millions would sign up in the first 2 weeks. The demand alone, event the decreased demand in the second week is pretty outstanding.

Just like any social program...the Right Wing is going to try to downplay it...but eventually the majority of Americans are going to love it and never want it to go away. Just like Social Security, just like Medicare, and just like Unemployment.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

U must have good health insurance because otherwise you.d be spitting nails like the rest of us...lol. it.s not ok to tax ME or force me to pay for a coverage I do not need nor want.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So how many stories have we read so far about people just visiting out of curiosity? I have seen more than I can count. Some people have even created fake accounts just to get the rate. So now that the curiosity is nearly over we have the real folks that want it left. Aka the ones that want their free healthcare. Tee heee....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obama what?
Oh, yeah, the deal were if you promise to vote for the Dems in an election you get cell phone, a health insurance card, a twelve pack of Coors long necks and the green light to submit that tax return that's gonna get ya a 5K refund, and then submit it another 5 times and that'll work to! They used to call that stuff "Electioneering" now we call it "Primetime"

So what was that thing you were talking about again ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join