It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shooting point blank

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
it was just on channel 3 news ( ITN )
it showed US forces storming a mosque and shooting wounding men
( unarmed point blank )

with one begging for his life saying he was informant and was helping

what buzz do they get out shooting people point blank?
and isnt it against international laws?
is there way of democricy

[edit on 15-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They didn't shoot the guy that was helping them maybe they took him away cause it never showed them shooting him. What you have to remember is this is war and they have a job todo those guys inside are terrorist or iraq insurgants and deserved what they got. Just shows them and anyone else that your not safe from UK/US troops and you will be delt with swiftly.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sure, justify everything by killing 'em all. After all, 1 out of every 50 (could be a terrorist)- SO SHOOT 'EM ALL. right?

Hell, shoot the kids too. After all, they will probably grow up to be terrorists, right?
Yea, wipe em all out. Its the only humane thing to do.

sick

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
you say it like its so easy

it would be fine if those men in there were armed and posed a threat
and the marines did it in self deffence ( or knew they had no option )

but they shot the people while they were wounded ( unarmed , no danger )
in the head

there are laws against these things ( that the US expects other countrys to follow ) but takes no regard for its self

dh

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The men in this Mosque had been left wounded for 24 hours by US troops
The shots were fired at a long-term injured weaponless person who had been left to die
The US/UK goverment's initial war-crime is being compounded day after day by the sordid little troopers who are scared #less, otherwise they would mutiny immediately against the orders from the chimp puppet
Remeber Nuremberg - it's justified

[edit on 15-11-2004 by dh]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i dont agree with it if the person in question was about to surrender then he should be given quarter and treated as a pow. the man who shot him should be brought up on charges and delt with. ther are still "gentelmen rules" of war that should not be broken. why lower ourselves to the "terrorist" level. im not calling them that by anymeans just using that word loosley.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by themegaman]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The guy was half dead, and had a dead guy laying on him!!

That old man was 80 years old and badly injured!

He barely moved before that guy shot him.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm not responsible for what i say today.

I'm telling you this is what they will eventually be doing to us here in the USA. Take that- and that- and that!
Point blank, just cause we're 'mericanz....

I should stay off and not spread my negativity around today.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
What you have to remember is this is war and they have a job todo those guys inside are terrorist or iraq insurgants and deserved what they got.

wow, "they deserved what they got" thats pretty sad. so if wounded americans were held up in building with no back up and insurgents rushed in and killed all of them i guess they deserve what they get too?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What happened? Apparently there was a shooting and some terrorists got shot and now the hippies are crying? Any sources?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If this is the case I feel it was the wrong thing for the Marine to do.

I think the Marine should be pulled out and put on trial.

As far as feeling sorry for the man, I don't.

The man was fighting our forces and knew that there was a possibilty of being killed.

He was given an easy death. I suppose we could have tortured and beheaded him, or burned him alive and strung up from a bridge, or maybe just all of the above.

This is a War...... If he didn't want to be there he could have left long ago with the other 90% of Falluja Population of about 300,000.

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
What happened? Apparently there was a shooting and some terrorists got shot and now the hippies are crying? Any sources?

please you call me a hippie thats the first usally im called a redneck or a hillbilly those are the two im most proud of.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

wow nice way to put it ( NOT )

if i say what i really think of your comment i would prob get a warning so i wont say it

source www.itv.com...

dh

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Click
news.bbc.co.uk...#
In the right hand column click Ten O'clock News video
Click 'Scrutiny in Fallujah''
Best I can do for you at the moment

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well...

Just saw it on the news...

And they said the soldier was removed from the battle field and is under investigation...

Although I do not condone execution in war, from the report they may have been some extinuating circumstances involved...

So it doesn't look like the military has turned a blind eye to this, it is under investigation...

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Shooting an unarmed civilian is murder.

Shooting an unarmed, defenceless and injured prisoner is an indefensible act of cowardice and pure evil.

But he's American so nothing will be done about it.

dh

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Well...

Although I do not condone execution in war, from the report they may have been some extinuating circumstances involved...

So it doesn't look like the military has turned a blind eye to this, it is under investigation...

In this one incident they are caught bang to rights
It's all the other unseen atrocity and mass slaughter that matters

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Nerdling just becasue you are injured doesn't mean you can't produce a pistol and shoot the GI in the back.

The American soldier will explain that the injured Iraqi was still a threat and he was defending himself which is perfectly acceptable so that American will get off.

Also he who has the gold makes the rules. It might not be right but it's true.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Well...

Just saw it on the news...

And they said the soldier was removed from the battle field and is under investigation...

and how many more of these actions has the US forces taken because it showed a few other clips of them shooting wounded people and braging about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yes I've just seen that footage as well. I didn't see the guy move at all, looked almost dead to me - not that, that is any excuse of course. It's hard to know what you'd do in certain situations unless you were there and "in the moment" - I'd hope I wouldn't shoot just to "finish" someone off like it looked he did.

Karen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join