It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow to pitch joint development for Brazilian F-X2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Russian sources have confirmed that an unsolicited proposal for joint development of the T-50 will be offered in the Brazilian F-X2 program. They are prepared to offer the Su-35 as well. The F-X2 tender has been delayed until 2015.

The T-50 is expected to enter service with the Russian Air Force in 2016, and a derivative is under joint development for the Indian Air Force.

Moscow is to offer Brazil an opportunity for joint development of its Sukhoi T-50/PAK-FA stealth fighter as part of an unsolicited proposal for the nation's delayed F-X2 tender, a Russian official has confirmed.

The proposal will be presented by a Russian delegation which is travelling to Brazil and Ecuador from 14-17 October, a source in the delegation told Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency.

“We are ready to offer our partners deliveries of ready-for-sale advanced aircraft like the [Sukhoi] Su-35, but also joint development of a next-generation aircraft of the T-50 type,” the source says.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well Russia are moving in on Brazil what with the world cup next year and Olympics 2016, and not to mention the rainforest. Brazil are going to be a country with big prospect soon and Russia wants a part of that am guessing

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Watch out Argentina!!

I guess there will be more of this type of thing within BRIC. Now I wonder if India and China will do a similar thing? Now that would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article concerning the Brazilian F-X2 program. I had it saved and forgot about it so it is from September. F-X2 program postponed due to politics.

It goes on to say with the uncertainty of future events that parts from Russia are not guaranteed and seems to lean with the French Rafale being a consideration. They are interested in naval capability for their next frontline fighters.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

It makes me wonder if they're going to move it up if they can get the T-50. Because that would be quite a coup for that region.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Brazil has always had a respectable aerospace sector (fun fact: Brasilia, the from-scratch capital, was designed with the planform of an airplane back when jet travel was the new in-thing). I'm not sure the Russians are going to offer the offsets necessary to get the Brazil contract. That's going to prove the lynchpin of the project.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hopefully the Brazilians will smarten up and save they're money (along with everyone else) since the US has started a program to equip a modified, lightened X-37 with a chemical laser, kinetic GPS ground attack munitions and AAM's that can all be deployed from orbit, without needing a pilot. The day of "Air Breathing" manned combat aircraft is pretty much over, and rightfully so. Building a plane to support the brain pan of a human pilot is just a MASSIVE waste of money.

Also, there is an orbital equivalent of the X-47 available also. Google the code name "RAZOR EPIC"

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The capabilities of the T50 are very impressive just like the Su-35, still I doubt it would get the contract due to political uncertainty. I did read where Saab was developing or had developed or planned to develop a naval version of the Jas-39, but that would have been a horrible aircraft compared to the original.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Relying solely on UCAVs for an air force will turn out much in the same way the USAF, USMC, and USN F-4s did relying solely on AAMs for A2A engagements. The greatest weapon is still the human brain.

new topics

top topics

join