It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell's dark matter video on man saved from being hit by a truck; by whom, what, or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was listening to Art Bell's Dark matter when he mentioned this video so I went and had a look and thought I would post for ATS.
The video in question shows a guy on a 3 wheel pedal car going through an intersection when a fast moving truck appears to hit him broadside.... However something transports the guy and pedal car to safety... A hoax ( I think so because I find it hard to believe in such stuff) great special effects no doubt. The video after the event is slowed down and zoomed in showing different times of the event. Interesting presentation regardless.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Discussed numerous times on ATS.

Tried searching for the thread/s with no luck, I remember at least 2 threads.

Cant remember if its an advertizement for something but that seems to ring a bell.

Hopefully someone will remember
edit on 16-10-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I seen that before, cool video
, but I believe it was a marketing stunt for the Chinese video game 'Zhu Xian 2'

edit on 16-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by 727Sky

I seen that before, cool video
, but I believe it was a marketing stunt for the Chinese video game 'Zhu Xian 2'

edit on 16-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

First I had heard about it was on Bell's show.. The tire marks from trying to stop were a good touch....

Also I just received a U2U that this thread has been subjugated to the HOAX bin so I assume some mod knows it has been debunked?
edit on 16-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It would have been a BIT more believable if the van driver hadn't been such a crap actor.I guess he missed the "how to act surprised and baffled at the same time" lesson in his speech and drama class.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

As much as I love this video, I have to call shenanigans on it. My reason is the shadow of the pedicab in front of the van. The shadow should be long down the street as it comes into the path of the van. Instead, the shadow is down at the base of the pedicab at about a 45 degree angle whereas it should be stretched way out at more like a 10-15 degree angle and sweeping across the road as the two met. It is still one of my favorites though. Great job to the visual fx guy. You almost got me there.
Wanna see an example? Go stand in front of your car at night and note where the shadows point.

top topics

join