It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both sides agree Senate budget deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

john452
reply to post by xuenchen

I know but from the headlines you could be forgiven for thinking it's a done deal that has already been voted on. Does anyone have an information on who is going to vote for or against this? I guess this latest senate deal happened too recently for anyone to be able to gauge the support for it. We know Boehner supports passing it but that doesn't mean much if recent events are anything to go by.

Watch Fox News.

Watch C-Span.

Nothing has actually happened yet, just malarkey talk.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

john452

I know but from the headlines you could be forgiven for thinking it's a done deal that has already been voted on. Does anyone have an information on who is going to vote for or against this? I guess this latest senate deal happened too recently for anyone to be able to gauge the support for it. We know Boehner supports passing it but that doesn't mean much if recent events are anything to go by.

www.c-span.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am watching coverage but I usually find ATS more informative than the MSM or at least offering insight they don't provide. The impression I'm getting from watch the media is that it's going to happen but it wouldn't be the first time they have tried to create a false sense of inevitability.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by Indigo5

So the Shut-Down cost us 20-30 Billion.

Hmmm.

Got any verifiable sources ?

A government shutdown will cost us billions
www.washingtonpost.com...

S&P: The Shutdown Took $24 Billion Out Of The US Economy
www.businessinsider.com...

Federal shutdown won't save taxpayers money. It will cost them.
www.csmonitor.com...

Or WTF...Maybe look something up for yourself once in a while? Better yet...google "reality" for starters and work from there.

YES the TP ADDED BILLIONS TO OUR DEBT...WHILST HAMMERING JOBS, CONSUMER CONFIDENCE AND GDP.

I used to find the irony and hypocrisy amusing, but real people got hurt this time.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

S&P: Shutdown Cost U.S. $24 Billion, 0.6% GDP In Projected Growth
talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 16-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

See posts above...but hell, what does Standard and Poors Know???..Best to check Briebart News for your financial guidance.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Fail.

You need to post some proof.

Not slanted opinions.

Now is not the time for Malarkey.

The Nation is at a key turning point in history.

Have you even looked at the Treasury balance sheets ?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That's what makes it all the more confusing if they do agree to a deal now. Why take it this far just to bail out at the last moment? It would suggest this was all just a show and a waste of time and money. I don't really care that much if they want to kick the can down the road or face the debt problem now and force government to live within its means but these political games annoy me. If people are to suffer at least achieve an objective and change in direction. If you want to make a stand, then make a stand.
edit on 16-10-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by beezzer

See posts above...but hell, what does Standard and Poors Know???..Best to check Briebart News for your financial guidance.

Again, if a 20% shutdown of government cost that much, then they are TAKING TOO MUCH!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, its ideology. If it were principles then their other actions would be principled.

The TEA party started as a grassroots, citizens movement. It was usurped by the political machine. Same with OWS....just different group starting it.

Whatever body it is that controls the government understands how to maintain control. It isn't hard: infiltrate and infest.

None of them bastards in DC have principles.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Dear R's,

edit on 16-10-2013 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

mature......for God's sakes people has it not occurred to anyone yet that being a blind follower to either party is disastrous for the country?

NEWS FLASH!!!

Democrats don't give a s*%t about the country or it's people or the well being thereof......

Republicans don't give a s*%t about the country or it's people or the well being thereof....

They are all the same!! They are all corrupt crooks! This country needs a complete reboot and needs a do over! Instead, the can was kicked down the road so there is no change and the status quo stays the same.....if in the next election cycle you re-elect any of these morons you are either blinded by and oblivious of the lie or are an active participant in it....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Darkphoenix77
reply to post by MrPlow

mature......for God's sakes people has it not occurred to anyone yet that being a blind follower to either party is disastrous for the country?

NEWS FLASH!!!

Democrats don't give a s*%t about the country or it's people or the well being thereof......

Republicans don't give a s*%t about the country or it's people or the well being thereof....

They are all the same!! They are all corrupt crooks! This country needs a complete reboot and needs a do over! Instead, the can was kicked down the road so there is no change and the status quo stays the same.....if in the next election cycle you re-elect any of these morons you are either blinded by and oblivious of the lie or are an active participant in it....

yes yes...knowing who caused THIS current mess (debt ceiling / costly & disastrous shutdown) means I am nothing but a blind follower. Of course.
Maybe you should also call me a "sheeple" too. That one is always a convincing and mature argument.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You guys do realize that Obama didn't cause this right? You also realize that Ted Cruz doesn't, all by himself, have the power to stop the government and shut down the government too right? You guys realize the moderate republicans like Boehner were just as reprehensible as their tea party comrades right? You do realize the democrats weren't doing anything to help this along with the partisan rhetoric they were spewing too right? Some of you don't seem to grasp these facts.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

MrPlow

Darkphoenix77
reply to post by MrPlow

NEWS FLASH!!!

yes yes...knowing who caused THIS current mess (debt ceiling / costly & disastrous shutdown) means I am nothing but a blind follower. Of course.
Maybe you should also call me a "sheeple" too. That one is always a convincing and mature argument.

well.....if the shoe fits.....

the answer to your question is they ALL caused the shutdown and national debt

IT DOES NOT MATTER if there is a democrat or a republican in the White House or which party controls Congress!

The feces we all get fed tastes the same! They are 2 sides of the same coin if people don't see that then the shoe does indeed fit!

edit on 16-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

In haste, I failed to reference the *Direct* foreign banking influences of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision

They have a very big influence on international banking.
B.I.S. Basel

The U.S. Federal Reserve has been puppeted.

Basel Regulatory Capital Framework

Basel III Implementation

It's possible the crisis of 2008 was caused by Basel policies.
The impact of Basel I capital requirements on bank behavior and the efficacy of monetary policy

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

amazing
You guys do realize that Obama didn't cause this right? You also realize that Ted Cruz doesn't, all by himself, have the power to stop the government and shut down the government too right? You guys realize the moderate republicans like Boehner were just as reprehensible as their tea party comrades right? You do realize the democrats weren't doing anything to help this along with the partisan rhetoric they were spewing too right? Some of you don't seem to grasp these facts.

Here, homey, let me sum this up real sweet and simple for you.

The debt ceiling needed to be raised so that the Government could continue to borrow and make payments. The republicans said no. They wanted to tie raising the ceiling to defunding the Presidents baby. The President was not going to let that happen.
So, the Republicans decided to try to follow through with their little cry baby threats and they lost.
THAT is the real "realization" summarised for you. You DO realize that.....don't you? Right? Right?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Ok.

First off, the Willie Wonka clip? Priceless.

Second? Our pathetic government just wants to spend more.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is nothing anyone doesn't already know, but maybe it needs to be put up there in black and white.Some of these politicians (not all) are so far up their own or other peoples arses they forget why they are there in the first place (in the true sense):

Definition of democrat:
dem·o·crat/ˈdɛməˌkræt/ Show Spelled [dem-uh-krat] Show IPA
noun
1. an advocate of democracy.
2. a person who believes in the political or social equality of all people.
3. ( initial capital letter ) Politics.
a. a member of the Democratic party.
b. a member of the Democratic-Republican party.
Especially on point 2: FAIL
Source:dictionary.reference.com...

Definition of Republican:
re·pub·lic/rɪˈpʌblɪk/ Show Spelled [ri-puhb-lik] Show IPA
noun
1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
2. any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
3. a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.
Especially on point 1: FAIL
Source: dictionary.reference.com...

And just for good measure:
(A tongue in cheek) definition of a tea party:
Alice is participating in that most adult of activities, a tea party, and she comes up against some of the most difficult creatures she has ever met. But she generally maintains her composure, holding her own against the three tea-takers and managing to anticipate some of their conclusions and rules. She also is smart enough to leave when she's had enough.

Note the last sentence! Lewis Carroll rocked, even if he was off his rocker most of the time.

Now if I worked for a company who produced a well known brand of woodstain, I would conclude that neither party actually does what it says on the fecking tin.
Going for a cup of tea now......and a chocolate hob nob.
edit on 17-10-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: I own a bookshop and got the author wrong.....FAIL!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This outlines the bigger issue of needing to raise the debt ceiling to avoid default. Also as credit ratings get lower and US debt becomes less attractive interest rates will rise and that will make it even harder to make interest repayments on existing debt. The situation where you need new loans to repay your existing loans can lead to a vicious cycle that only gets harder to get out of and more painful as time goes on.

A Chinese ratings agency downgraded its US sovereign credit rating Thursday despite Washington's resolution of the debt ceiling deadlock, warning that fundamentals for a potential default remained "unchanged".

"The fundamental situation that the debt growth rate significantly outpaces that of fiscal income and gross domestic product remains unchanged," Dagong said in the statement, adding Washington's solvency was vulnerable as old debts were still repaid through raising new debts.

www.france24.com...
edit on 17-10-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join