It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Shutdown: Bush's Fault?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Amidst all the wailing, gnashing of teeth and finger pointing over who caused the government shutdown a reporter in DC goes out on the street to identify the dastardly culprit. Unsurprisingly among the low information folks of our capitol the villain is quickly identified. George W Bush is responsible for the shutdown.

Shutdown: Bush's Fault?

MRCTV's Dan Joseph had a question on his mind that he couldn't shake: who bears the brunt of the blame for the government shutdown? Who really is responsible for the mess we're in right now? Is it President Obama or former President George W. Bush? He decided to take these questions to the heart of our misery: Washington D.C.

Despite the fact that "Dubya" has been out of office for the past five years, most of the respondents said former President George W. Bush is to blame for the shutdown.

Disclaimer: This post is a non-political informational piece provided only to demonstrate my total despair in the knowledge displayed by Americans.
edit on 772pm4141pm122013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How could Bush be responsible for the shutdown? Yes some of his policies spent a lot and Obama continuing them didn't help matters any but no he isn't responsible for the shutdown and neither is Obama. The blame for the shutdown lays squarely on the TP's shoulders where it belongs. TP leaders like Cruz and Bachmann cried for a shutdown.

And the guy that made this video should have been around when Reagan was in office he blamed Carter for eight straight years.
edit on 16-10-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Obama has been the one running the entire shutdown scenerio 100%.. He is using it like an extortion method to get everything he wants passed. Even complete imbeciles can see it plain as day, but go ahead and delude yourself more..
Every single government service that has been stopped or shunted has happened as a direct result of commands coming from the white house.
edit on 16-10-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What I find most discouraging notwithstanding my belief that both sides are responsible of the shutdown is the lack of awareness amongst Americans. Whether it's the story of "Which is better, Obamacare or the ACA" it seems that a great many people in the US are still completely oblivious.

Being honest here, if this stupidity continues I fear our impact on the global human gene pool. I swear it seems most people won't wake up unless their house is burning. Oh wait...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
F_ck it !!! It was my fault alright, I caused the damned shutdown, and if it wasn't for you pesky kids.....

edit on 16-10-2013 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And more finger pointing....

Who's fault is this really?

Is it the GOP? No.

The dems? Nope.

What about the president? Not at all.

Then it has to be the tea party, right? Still wrong.

So who is to blame? You need look no further than the person reading this post. You did this. We all did this. We voted these psychopaths into power and stood idly by as they took more power than we gave them. Then, we voted for them to keep that power.

If you want to point fingers, feel free. Just make sure you position yourself in front of a mirror before doing so.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

alienreality

Obama has been the one running the entire shutdown scenerio 100%.. He is using it like an extortion method to get everything he wants passed. Even complete imbeciles can see it plain as day, but go ahead and delude yourself more..
Every single government service that has been stopped or shunted has happened as a direct result of commands coming from the white house.
edit on 16-10-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

Doesn't matter if he is running things all this started in the house not the white house. The house kept rejecting proposals by the Senate if it didn't include defund or delay the ACA. So it never reached Obama. Maybe you should learn how our government works then you can quit deluding yourself.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

scolai

Is it the GOP? No.

The dems? Nope.

So who is to blame? You need look no further than the person reading this post. You did this. We all did this. We voted these psychopaths into power and stood idly by as they took more power than we gave them. Then, we voted for them to keep that power.

If you want to point fingers, feel free. Just make sure you position yourself in front of a mirror before doing so.

You may have voted these psychos into office I didn't I voted for Ron Paul. So I'm not to blame are you?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Nope. I didn't vote for any of them, so don't look at me.

Besides, you're just wrong....even for those that did vote for the ones in charge of this, they didn't ask for it. Congress, the House, the President, they're all supposed to be working in OUR best interest. They're doing quite the opposite, so...

It's a joke.
edit on 16-10-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

scolai

Is it the GOP? No.

The dems? Nope.

I would have to say it was Obamas fault for simply refusing to act like he needed to respect the House, even if it is not democrat controlled. LOL He forced the House to fight rather than look like the were licking his d#m boots.

Yep! Its a republic folks and two parts don't make a whole! Two parts don't make a mandate so Harry needs to stop acting like "tiny king" up there.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I think it is all your fault and everyone who thinks the way you do.
edit on 10/16/2013 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Nope. It is our fault. We let our representatives become our leaders. It makes about as much sense as letting your dog feed you.

We didn't do anything to stop this change, as a whole. We didn't fight against the corruption and crony capitalism that plagues our government. We just sat back and let it happen.

new topics

top topics

join