It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insectoid/Robotic/Automated beings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So I've been rewatching the X-Files for probably the 87th time in my life.

In the season 3 episode "War of the Coprophages", it's suggested that maybe EBE's that make contact are actually some sort of robots or other automated kind of artificial being made by Extra Terrestrials. The reasoning comes from viewing insectoid robots. They are specifically programmed to react in certain ways to stimuli. They only perform what they have been made to perform. And by being artificially made, the problems of surviving space travel in regard to time, distance, and resources would be non issues.

So by being robotic in nature, they could 1. travel long distances and time with little concern and 2. carry out their research tasks very precisely and effectively. Maybe this is why so many abduction cases are similar? That each one generally follows the same sequence of events?

I obviously believe in EBEs, but I always have trouble trying to reconcile the problem of space travel that would allow for living organic beings to come to Earth with seemingly no trouble to their health. Does anyone think this may be a viable solution to that?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by scootpooter

How do you know time doesnt slow down the further you are from earth? Scientists? What is an EBE?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hi Scoot,
Interesting way of thinking about it!

My take on this is.. that we can't use our own limited understanding of space/time travel to judge what capabilities EBE's might have. Yes, WE are very limited in how far/long we could travel in space, but only because our knowledge is similarly limited.

Other, more advanced civilisations may have discovered how to manipulate space/time to cut long space journeys short. e.g. there is a theory that space itself can be "bent". You would focus your travel engine (gravity drive?) on your destination point, engage the "pre-drive" which pulls that point in space towards you, then engage the drive which snaps you very quickly to that point in space (like pinging a rubber band?)

We can't do that yet, but who are we to say that "they" can't?

Same argument goes for those who say; "I don't believe in ET's because they'd have to travel millions of miles through space to get here and that's not possible"
Well, it's not possible for us, but we don't know what "they" could be capable of, so we can't be the judge of that.

That's what I think anyway.

G

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If aliens do exist and they do in fact travel through the stars and other galaxies like some of us believe, they have to be moving at multiple times the speed of light; multiples of C (if they want to get across the universe in days/months/years instead of millenia).

Since nothing can travel faster than the speed of light according to Einstein's theory, then there are only two possible explanations for how aliens could be traveling through the cosmos at incredible speeds. Either our current understanding of physics is flawed and these beings have developed newer theories and technology superior to our own OR these beings have found a way around the light barrier that do NOT defy our current laws.

Either way, in order to cross vast distances effectively, you have to be travelling faster than light because space is just so vast. It would be kind of cumbersome for a civilization to become intergalactic if they were stuck with ancient technology like ours. Faster-than-light travel is the only efficient way to travel through the stars. Let's say these beings have been able to break through the light barrier. What does this mean?

Well, for one, it means it doesn't matter if they send robots or themselves in their craft because UNLESS they have developed a way to PROTECT everything inside their craft while traveling at these immense speeds, everything will become a splat the moment the craft goes from 0 to 186,000 miles per second in an instant.

Think of warp bubbles or shields. If they have the ability to protect things inside their craft from these speeds (or if you think of the Alcubierre drive and they aren't even moving at all and space is just folding around them) then obviously it won't matter what type of entities are piloting the craft, whether mechanical or biological (either way they'll be protected) and either way, they'll be at their destination almost instantly or at least in a very short time.

So basically what I'm saying is the hazardous health effects of space travel only become a problem when you're implementing primitive technology to travel through space. If these beings are as advanced as we think they are and they truly come from other star systems, then it doesn't matter who they send. There will be no impact to their "health". They'll be here almost instantaneously!

However, this doesn't mean they can't send machines as probes to monitor us and accomplish tasks such as abductions, like you propose. It could be that they do this because their machines/robots are protected against stuff in our atmosphere that perhaps they aren't. Who knows? Maybe they transfer their consciousness into those mechanical bodies and use them as "hosts" and do everything themselves.

The possibilities are endless.

But just know one thing. Things such as "time, resources and distance" don't become a problem and will be insignificant to a civilization that has had thousands of years to think about ways overcome these obstacles. We, on the other hand, have only just begun testing the waters and basically know how to "crawl" in a vacuum.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Zeta_101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It has been suggested that they can travel faster than light and that they have the technology to get from point A in space to point B without travelling through the intervening space. Scientists on earth have sent subatomic particles back in time so in principle spacetime is 'elastic' in some sense. Perhaps they can 'jump' through space in some way?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The human species are literally just at the very, very tip of the technological research scale. It wasn't that long ago that we were riding around on horses for transportation and look how far we have advanced since then.

Now imagine a species that's had hundreds of thousands of years of scientific research behind them and what they have figured out in that time.

We probably can't even imagine the things they can do to travel around space and our little theories that we have now, like not going faster than the speed of light, would probably make these beings laugh at our intellectual inferiority.

Do they exist out there somewhere?

Probably, but I doubt they would waste any time on studying us. We are great in our own mind but compared to some other entities out there we are probably nothing more than cockroaches barely coming out of the stone age.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Zeta_101
If aliens do exist and they do in fact travel through the stars and other galaxies like some of us believe, they have to be moving at multiple times the speed of light; multiples of C (if they want to get across the universe in days/months/years instead of millenia).

Maybe. On the other hand, a robot or some other kind of manufactured being could easily just be turned off until it got to where it was going and then turned back on or revived in some way. It would definitely cut down on the amount of power and other resources necessary to make the long-distance trips.

Long distance space travel is a problem for humans because we're fragile and don't live long. That might not be a problem for the intelligent robotic offspring we'll build someday. They'll have all the time in the universe.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My thoughts?

Mushroom spores could drift on solar wind in interstellar space, or hitch rides on comets/asteroids. They could have been blasted into space from an asteroid impact, or purposefully genetically engineered and set loose.

Apparently (I need more research) the casing on a spore is very electron-dense, approaching the hardness of metal. They can lay dormant for a very, very long time until the right environmental conditions are met.

We might have alien life all around us, but because of our narrow-minded definition of extra terrestrial life we never notice.

A mushroom's mycellial network (it's fine fiber-like root system) has more connections or "nodes" than neurons in a human brain. In fact, some of the largest biological entities on earth are mushrooms; their networks of synaptic-like mycellia can stretch for MILES. They also digest dead matter and help the ecosystem.

All hail the tiny, yet mighty mushroom!

They also go good on top of a steak! Nom Nom Nom.
edit on 16-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This concept rather makes sense:

- Robots obey programmed instructions

- Biological entities adjust and repair themselves through healing processes

- Even humans try to give their robots a "mind" similar to human intelligence

- Insects might better survive space travel and hostile ecological conditions

- Geneticists are engineering new chimeras of fabricated biological composition

- Our military are designing biological robots as we speak

- More advanced Aliens may have already perfected Insectoid biological robots

It is actually rather simple to assume that it is likely what they are. The patterns of behavior of the Alien Grey entities or EBE's are similar to fabricated biological robots. That they have little physical strength is a better guarantee that whomever controls their technology controls them. Many abductees have reported these creatures to be frightened by their chain of command. They are not exactly happy to be used, but are possibly being used as pawns of their creators. FWIW.

Getsmart

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Okay, before I say anything else, this is to GetSmart and MystikMushroom: I absolutely love Archer and the original Get Smart series. And you guys absolutely made my day when I saw your replies.

I do really like that mycology idea, though. I myself grow certain..."special" types of mushrooms. Partially because funguses are beautiful to study but also my personal psychonautic purposes.

top topics

join