It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- US Senate negotiators 'very close' to announcing a deal on debt: Report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

From a worldwide viewpoint, i think its going strong.

The world is loosing faith in the USA. Mine has been gone for some time now.

My feelings are simple, americans are on a sinking ship with no life rafts. We are just going to ride her to a watery grave.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh yes, the rich are taking advantage of the markets now, I am betting a record single day gain, today...

Kind of sickening....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

RammerJammer
Hopefully this is true. I've been really worried about the shut down. Everyday my tension grows.

Well even if it is true, sorry to break it to you, but America and the global economy is still screwed this if it is true only delays the inevitable

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
reply to post by Dianec

From a worldwide viewpoint, i think its going strong.

The world is loosing faith in the USA. Mine has been gone for some time now.

My feelings are simple, americans are on a sinking ship with no life rafts. We are just going to ride her to a watery grave.

Losing faith or vying for power?

'De-Americanization' has never had anything to do with 'faith' in the US. It has always been about other countries trying to exert more power.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Dianec
So does this mean "let's de-Americanize the world" is off the table? Because I have heard it has already begun - loss of faith in the U. S. dollar.

'No boom today, boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow'.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well one country alone shouldn't have that much power to begin with, and America has showed that pas decade it clearly can't handle that power. But that's a whole other discussion and shouldn't be talked about in here

Even so, America should default and we should all need to take the bitter pill and try to survive that following events. Living like this, where you spend your whole life working for something that doesn't care about you is wrong. You and me are a small cog in a huge machine that only exists to keep us busy and to entertain the makers.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So, a deal has been reached to 'kick the can down the road'. Political and fiscal cowardice rules the day. At least it gives investors time to offload stocks before they lose them by default come early 2014. So, the question is...what was the point of the last few weeks, and why shut down, losing ordinary workers money?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

elysiumfire
So, a deal has been reached to 'kick the can down the road'. Political and fiscal cowardice rules the day. At least it gives investors time to offload stocks before they lose them by default come early 2014. So, the question is...what was the point of the last few weeks, and why shut down, losing ordinary workers money?

Because now Obama can stand in front of the country and say 'We need to change the system so this doesn't happen again. Look how close to disaster we came? Give the position of President more powers over the purse and we needn't go through this again'.

Simple and beautiful really.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
According to Reuters they think the deal will be made formal at 12 when the house convenes again

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
it's is all about politics

nypost.com...

President Obama’s top adviser Valerie Jarrett was behind a plan to force a showdown with Republicans over ObamaCare as part of a strategy to regain Democratic control of the House next year, claims author Ed Klein.

It was Jarrett who advised Obama that voters would mostly blame Republicans if the federal government ground to a halt, providing a golden opportunity to swing back control of the House to Democrats in the 2014 mid-term elections, according to Klein.

A Democratic House would give Obama an opportunity to pass immigration and other legislation blocked by the current Republican majority.

did I hear immigration mentioned?

Why yes, yes I did,

Obama plans immigration push after fiscal crisis ends

ca.news.yahoo.com...

I wonder if Jarrett will still be president after Obama leaves office.

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You know this, I am watching the debate in the house just now.

What a joke

Obama care has its problems but its been passed why the hell are the continuing to debate it.

Debating Obamacare does not takaway the fact that you guys owe 17tn and its about to go up to $18tn

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok I'm listening to the feed. What this comes down to is this:

Do we sacrifice those who are already poor and need to keep receiving their benefits

Or

Do we make more poor people out of obama care.

This is what I'm hearing. I feel like I'm watching the most unintelligent arguments of all time. All Obama needs to do is pull back for 1 year! It's a no brainer and no one who is "for" this care is even addressing that. Instead they are addressing how the needy still need to get their subsidies (rightfully so), while the other side is saying those forced into this insurance who are self sufficient are gonna go broke. Why can't the opposing side tell us why Obama care should override feeding the poor too. Why is no one asking that? I think I need to be beamed to a normal planet today.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Apparently the senate bill allows a automatic debt calling increase in April unless congress votes it down and Obama signs on it (that’s not going to happen) so did Obama just win the checkbook of America and congress relinquish its power to the executive?

Is Obama one step closer to dictatorial power?
edit on 16-10-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

camaro68ss
Apparently the senate bill allows a automatic debt calling increase in April unless congress votes it down and Obama signs on it (that’s not going to happen) so did Obama just win the checkbook of America and congress relinquish its power to the executive?

Is Obama one step closer to dictatorial power?
edit on 16-10-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

yes and yes, I read about that yesterday looking for the link

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Anyone else watching the debate in the House

they have just received a message from the POTUS

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here is a very interesting article about a deal being made...today.

nymag.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

President Obama is seeking power the Constitution has assigned to Congress. Soon, he will formally ask Congress to surrender its constitutional authority and grant him “Fast Track” Trade Promotion Authority.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else watching the debate in the House

they have just received a message from the POTUS

Yes - and the guy delivering it actually bowed to them. What's up with that. Symbolic of our times.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

caladonea
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here is a very interesting article about a deal being made...today.

nymag.com...

More good news but thats what this thread is really about

looks like a deal has been reached pending a pass in the House which is being debated just now.

All of the markets though are acting like its going to be passed.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Doesn't seem right at all. Reminds me of hitler germany

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join