It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- US Senate negotiators 'very close' to announcing a deal on debt: Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Looks like most are agreeing on the deal. Only the vote will tell the whole truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And yet, I think this time might be different, don't know how to put it, just a strange vibe surrounding it. Besides if they don't default now it will be in January of February.

I ain't over until the fat lady sings.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
From what im reading HERE it looks like its a three month stop gap measure to keep us up and running.

Why do they keep getting paid to put off the great american downfall?

DO YOUR JOB THE RIGHT WAY, OR RELINQUISH YOUR SEATS!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
live.reuters.com...

Both sides are in agreement

looks like this is it guys.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

like every other raise, they're pushing off the necessary decision making and allowing for the issue to be exacerbated by increasing the severity of the problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You americans need a good old lynchmob, Both Republican and Democratic. thrust the ones you have personal contact with, who haven't been poisoned by DC greed.

And where is this effing Ron Paul? You would expect the guy pretending to be the saviour would hassle up some old friends and DO something.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yup, and my point is why do we the people continue to let the people who "Know Best" run us into the ground?

For as long as i have been following politics....fifteen years ish, I have seen this tactic used time and time again....but the people just keep letting it happen.

I just dont get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Crakeur

like every other raise, they're pushing off the necessary decision making and allowing for the issue to be exacerbated by increasing the severity of the problem.

So true, looks like this deal is going to be passed.

But really all they are doing is just delaying the inevitable and giving the Americans more to pay back later

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Crakeur

Yep, and we keep electing them to keep doing that, because taking away the Four thousand dollar welfare a month in money and food stamps is just to hard to be reformed. Not to mention all the foreign aid we are sending out to countries like Israel etc.

Not to mention it has been almost half of a decade since a budget has been passed.. LOL

I don't think the Federal government will do anything about our debt until China, sells off all their bonds, I guess we will be giving alaska, away or something then, because their is no way in hell, we can pay China back right now.. LOL

So even thou they agree to break the system more, their is really nothing for us to be celebrating...

We are just delaying the truth...

We're broke..

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great, so let's all agree to meet back here after Christmas to do this all over again?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You know, at this point what does it even matter? At some point it will be mathematically impossible to repay the debt. What will the world do? Nothing, this has become so big that shamefully the world couldn't handle the consequences of the American Default. Intwined.

link   
More good indications from the markets as they close up in Europe

link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Watch for the Tea party filibuster!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Bicent76

We're broke..

If the citizens of the United States don't show their disgust with this current group of buffoons, by electing them all out of office, then we have no business complaining about anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

We have been broke and nothing will change that till we repeal NAFTA. That was the straw that broke the proverbial camels back.

Thank you Clinton/Bush! How anti american you are sending our jobs away for companies tax incentives.

The know it all lame brains in office have ruined the USA.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

America's demise is a mathematical certainty

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Crakeur
If the citizens of the United States don't show their disgust with this current group of buffoons, by electing them all out of office, then we have no business complaining about anything.

Political opinions are like rectums, everyone has one and no one likes one.

Democracy is the problem. Intrusting a handful of people to make the right decisions for the entire nation....

I believe that is the start of the problems and everything trickles down from there.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Crakeur

Bicent76

We're broke..

Oh agree, raising the debt ceiling is not the answer.. The two parties need to work together and get a budget passed, in addition their is way to much spending going on right now.. What is sickening Crakeur, is the politicians have manipulated the state districts voting precincts the past few elections even with an approval rating below 50 percent incumbents are getting re-elected. I agree we have to vote them out, but it may not be that easy...

This is a good example thou, of the things to come in Washington..

We are pushing everything to the edge, geopolitically and domestically it seems..

Our foreign affairs are not that good right now either. Our economy is sick.. Our Government is broken..

I am doing my best to be optimistic...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So does this mean "let's de-Americanize the world" is off the table? Because I have heard it has already begun - loss of faith in the U. S. dollar.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hopefully this is true. I've been really worried about the shut down. Everyday my tension grows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join