It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- US Senate negotiators 'very close' to announcing a deal on debt: Report

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One basic of what made it into the default/debt agreement: The members of Congress, the president, and their staffs will keep government subsidies for their health care...Figures

edit on 16-10-2013 by boxx63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well...don't know about anyone else, but speaking for myself this has not renewed my faith in government......we continue to be sold down the river racking up bills that can't be paid. Motto of the day appears to be "Delay the pain"

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
so now we have to tell the mainstream public

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

This is all to make Obama look and feel Good noticed how he had laughed at the question by the reporter? he already knew the out come.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

The delay in dealing with the problem will also allow creditors to position themselves to cut the strings on their terms. There is still milking to be done so they will want to do it later rather than sooner but if this was anything more than show from politicians it would have sent a message to China and bankers that they might need to take action sooner rather than later. That's if this took them off guard at all of course. They may have just been feigning worry to make the good cop, bad cop routine or controlled opposition or whatever you want to call it look believable.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anderson cooper is trying to adopt bunnies on cnn

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Azdraik
reply to post by Dianec

Ok the current law is as follows.

"The face amount of obligations issued under this chapter and the face amount of obligations whose principal and interest are guaranteed by the United States Government (except guaranteed obligations held by the Secretary of the Treasury) may not be more than $14,294,000,000,000, outstanding at one time, subject to changes periodically made in that amount as provided by law through the congressional budget process described in Rule XLIX [1] of the Rules of the House of Representatives or as provided by section 3101A or otherwise."

There is an actual number there $14,294,000,000,000. By suspending that section of the code that means it does not exist in the eye of the law now. Which means that $14,294,000,000,000 might as well be 999,999,999,999,999, because it no longer exists.

Come 2-7-14 per the resolution they will figure out what to pay and what not to, but until then play ball.
edit on 10/16/2013 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

That's how I took it (get a sky is the limit open credit line) but didn't quite think of it in the way you described it. Maybe because I don't want to beleive they would use it in the worst way. We are powerless to stop it if they do. They are concerned about the debt and threw this in there, which seems suspicious so I will be watching. Like a thief taking your credit card and noone will cancel or at least put a cap on it. In fact - they call the bank and say please let them have at it.

If there's a site that keeps up to date track of our debt I'll find it and keep an eye on that too (or maybe that would be too depressing). I hope if we see this as a really bad thief at least someone out there has an idea of what to do. I have to live here for now. I don't need them to hand our Country to China on a silver platter while they live it up. What are we witnessing? It is unprecidented and it is terrifying.

Subsidize their own health care while I have to figure out which Peter to rob in order to pay Paul
Unlimited spending allowed
Having evidence of buying votes

And we do nothing - or we have become so used to it doesn't shock us anymore.

If my grandparents saw all of this happen in the matter of a day the whitehouse would have been overtaken. Yet its been a frog in boiling water and we sit and talk while they steal our children's futures.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join