It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Tea Party split from the GOP?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

mahatche
As an independent I wish they would. If the Tea party split from the republican party, it SHOULD force a national discussion on third parties. I hope at that point people might actually look into their options like the Green Party, Libertarian, Justice Party, Constitution Party, or even the communist party what ever, I don't care. I just know that once people actually look into these parties, they will find something that appeals to them more.

You will never see the "media" take the Tea Party seriously.

The way I see it is America has dumb downed its politics by way of the evening news. People are not awake to change. If they were, people like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would have been getting the vote. Its not really about a R OR D thing. Its about whats best for America, and seriously I dont see America caring enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

olaru12

beezzer
lol

I think the progressives are going to be in a little shock come election time.

Regardless of Tea Party activity.

But by all means, enjoy your victories while you still can.

There was no victory! Why are you still attached to the left/right paradigm. I thought you had moved on.

It was a victory for DC. The dems and the capitulating R's both own it now.

The big-government, less-freedom crowd that has infested DC owns it.

Sure, some republicans will talk about whatever, but in the end, they bent over and took it!

I have moved on, I'm fed up with BOTH damned parties!!!

The American people lost. DC won. And their fan-club!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AlienScience

beezzer
lol

I think the progressives are going to be in a little shock come election time.

Regardless of Tea Party activity.

But by all means, enjoy your victories while you still can.

I'm curious...how did you think the 2012 elections were going to turn out?

Were you correct about your assumptions?

No. I didn't realize the extent of stupidity in America.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Tea Party should split from the USA. Good riddence.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

TownCryer

Do you feel that way about the Libertarian Party?

Every third party?

Or just the Tea Party.

Why?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

beezzer

TownCryer

Do you feel that way about the Libertarian Party?

Every third party?

Or just the Tea Party.

Why?

Because they are stupid and don't realize that the Tea Party currently represents the most productive portion of America. If the Tea Party states (Red State) were to secede from the US, the blue states would have NO Oil, no industry, and no money.

All of the US's 8,000 tons of Gold is in Fort Knox, KY, and we'd keep it.

On topic

The Tea Party should continue to primary weak RINO candidates and get rid of them. The tea party should focus on undoing these milquetoast Republicans who are the real enemy, let the Democrats keep the Senate and the Presidency and they can dig themselves a deeper hole for when the reckoning comes.
edit on 17-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Absolutely true and they sweat us at election time.
You can be special!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Tea Party. The T.E.A. stands for Taxed Enough Already. I attended two Tea Party rallies a few years ago. There was no rage against minorities, confederate flag waving, or anything else which could be construed as blind hate towards any individual, or entity. As the rally came to a conclusion, numerous people picked up any garbage which inconsiderate individuals may have dropped on the ground.

The crowd was composed of people from all walks of life. Rich, poor, young and old. People who are afraid of where our country is going... at least fiscally... straight down the commode.

Everyone who is trashing the Tea Party has NO IDEA what they're talking about. But, if you rely on The Daily Kos, NPR, and MSNBC for your information, I guess that's all I can expect. Oh, and don't forget your talking points, posted on Politico, tomorrow morning

I was once a Republican. Now, I'm an independent. Both parties have squandered the legacy of our forefathers. I do see a split coming from the GOP. Afterward, there will be a seperation of liberals as well.
edit on 17-10-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It wouldn't matter the TP has been compromised by the GOP and their backers.They are part of the problem now just like Occupy is now.They will be swept outta Congress and exiled to the fringes like the others.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

mike dangerously
It wouldn't matter the TP has been compromised by the GOP and their backers.They are part of the problem now just like Occupy is now.They will be swept outta Congress and exiled to the fringes like the others.

Man ... I hope not.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

mike dangerously

No it hasn't, the Tea Party is funded by groups like "Club for Growth" which are primarily small contributors.

Rinos are largely supported by big corporations and large individual donors. Like the Democrats.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join