It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Tea Party split from the GOP?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Helious

I think the libertarian party would be the best way to go. And I agree, libertarians and Tea Party are pretty much the same.

How could we appeal to those in the democrat party that feel the same way as us, though?

The Tea Party and Libertarians are nothing alike. The Libertarians are actually for Liberty and the TP in reality wants to control as exemplified by where their funding comes from.

www.usnews.com...

Do you honestly think the Koch bros stand for Liberty? More like corporate fascism!!!

But yeah, I think the TP should split from the GOP. I split from the Dembs/GOP in favor of the Libertarians because the Libertarians actually mean what they campaign on. I just don't trust the TP to do the same.

edit on 16-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Helious

I think the libertarian party would be the best way to go. And I agree, libertarians and Tea Party are pretty much the same.

How could we appeal to those in the democrat party that feel the same way as us, though?

You'll have no problem getting liberal to join up with Libertarians. It happened already. Seriously, I know just as many liberal Libertarians as conservative ones. The weird stereotype of Libertarians always being ex-republicans is simply false.

Now... that will never happen with the Tea Party. Liberals can stomach Libertarians because they are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Best of both worlds. The Tea Party, however, have waaaay too many outspoken stances and opinions involving touchy racial and social standards. Liberals see that as hypocritical (ie - "keep government out of our lives! unless your gay. or poor. or non-Christian. etc.").

For that reason, I think the Libertarian party is the only realistic step forward for fiscal conservatism.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The T-Party people are not republicans but Constitutional Conservatives who inhabit the republican party. And they have some kinship to the Libertarian party as well. You would be surprised to know that there are also independent and democrat T-Party members as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Fromabove
reply to post by olaru12

The T-Party people are not republicans but Constitutional Conservatives who inhabit the republican party. And they have some kinship to the Libertarian party as well. You would be surprised to know that there are also independent and democrat T-Party members as well.

To explore the soul of any organization whether social, political or fraternal; follow the money.

The Tea Party is funded by uber Republicans. Think that's gonna change? lol....

theweek.com...

Without the funding from the Koch bros. the TP would fold up and fade back into the GOP where they came from.

You would be surprised to know that there are also independent and democrat T-Party members as well.

No I wouldn't.... I covered the beginnings of the TP movement for my public access cable channel and produced a documentary on the TP.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

buster2010
Sure the TP should go third party. Being third party worked wonders for the Libertarian Party, Green Party and the Constitution Party. Tp goes third party then it's goodbye to the TP. Acting like they were members of the GOP was the only reason why the TP even got notice. Bet the GOP regrets letting the TP run on their tickets now.

The Libertarian Party has never had the sort of grass roots numbers and following that the TP has managed in its few short years. TP has the backing and energy to push farther and harder developing into a 3rd party with real numbers and seats and certainly if they separate themselves from the republicans.

As long as the TP stays strong it looks like the republicans will have no choice but to embrace them.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would say a resounding YES !!

They could even run Ted Cruz and Michelle Bachman in the 2016 presidential race.

That would teach those old " sell-out" republicans a thing or two.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The two sanctioned parties have been corrupted by special interests and big business. Together they're responsible for everything wrong with this country. The notion that things will get better by cycling in new members is simply unsupportable. We need viable third party alternatives. Third parties are laughed-off and currently labeled as 'wasted votes'. Who do you think perpetuates that idea? The last thing the Rep/Dem monopoly, and most especially their benefactors, wants is an open field. I could care less about what the TP does but we need a wholesale expunging of the political mafia that has hijacked this country and we need it soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

olaru12

beezzer
reply to post by Helious

The Tea Party and Libertarians are nothing alike. The Libertarians are actually for Liberty and the TP in reality wants to control as exemplified by where their funding comes from.

www.usnews.com...

Do you honestly think the Koch bros stand for Liberty? More like corporate fascism!!!

But yeah, I think the TP should split from the GOP. I split from the Dembs/GOP in favor of the Libertarians because the Libertarians actually mean what they campaign on. I just don't trust the TP to do the same.

I have been watching the Libertarians for years. They never have supported the federal Government like the Dems do. They used to talk a lot about states rights and many of the issues the TP members are known for but were never attached all the bad labels that the press and libs try to put on the TP.

The TP at its core is basically an anti tax, taxing beyond measure and reason, party. They believe that we must stop feeding the monster that is turning and will turn on us.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

teamcommander
reply to post by beezzer

They could even run Ted Cruz and Michelle Bachman in the 2016 presidential race.

How about a Palin/Bachman ticket. woo woo!

American politics has become such a parody of itself; at least we should make it entertaining as possible.

Sorry, I just fail to see how any 3rd party that even remotely becomes popular, could keep from being corrupted by the Corporate Giants that pull all the political strings. Let's be realistic...it's about money!

Social agendas, political pie in the sky dreams, and BS economic/tax proposals, can never compete with the REAL DEAL!

I'm not saying "don't try" get involved in local politics, enjoy the meetings even the big two contribute locally and state wide..........just know that the real power brokers in America could care less about politics.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

olaru12

teamcommander
reply to post by beezzer

How about a Palin/Bachman ticket. woo woo!

American politics has become such a parody of itself; at least we should make it entertaining as possible.

You may have something there.
Two "nut jobs" may be better than one.
I was thinking of one "nut" and one "disqualified by default".
It could be fun watching those who are "birthers" explain how they can back Cruz.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Instead of Red vs. Blue...the TP illustrates that the true battle is now really Inside vs. Out; Inside Washington vs. Outside. This is today's political reality...and the fact that it is a group of conservative Republicans personifying this speaks hope for Republicans in the future. Democrats have no such hope.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by beezzer

Instead of Red vs. Blue...the TP illustrates that the true battle is now really Inside vs. Out; Inside Washington vs. Outside. This is today's political reality...and the fact that it is a group of conservative Republicans personifying this speaks hope for Republicans in the future. Democrats have no such hope.

A brilliant summation!

I think we can all agree that 3rd (or 4th) party candidates are the way to go.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Beez,
I never really felt that the TP joined the GOP, I got the feeling that the GOP kinda squirmed it's way in and tried to take/took over.
When I think of the TP, it is the real people I see. The hard working people who are tired of the growing government and it's over reaching power and money grabs.
I wish people could see why the Dems are demonizing the Tea Party the way they are. They are called terrorists, crazies, hijackers, astroturf and many more names besides.
They are doing this because they are afraid. They don't want a movement like the TP to take hold in America.
Short of sending out the drones, demonizing them is the best technique for getting them out of the way.
The latest tactic is to blame them for this shut down because they wanted to do away with The ACA.
People seem to forget that this bill was passed by reconciliation and not a single republican voted for the bill........this was two years before the fist "Tea Party Candidate" was voted into office.
Anyway, I seem to have wander a bit.

One final thought........
What do ya'll think would happen if Libertarians, the TP and Occupy all got together to form a true independent party?
It would not have to be a long lasting trinity, just long enough to clean house.
Hmmmmm.... The Trinity Party............
Quad

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

beezzer

IAMTAT
reply to post by beezzer

A brilliant summation!

I think we can all agree that 3rd (or 4th) party candidates are the way to go.

I too agree....why limit our insults to just conservatives and libs when we can make it a menage a trois and include all the lunatic fringe in the slag fest as well.... ATS rocks........

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Quadrivium

What do ya'll think would happen if Libertarians, the TP and Occupy all got together to form a true independent party?
It would not have to be a long lasting trinity, just long enough to clean house.
Quad

I could get behind that! (thumbs up emoticon)

We need to really unite and to stop having DC eel-heads continuously divide us.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

"The American Party"

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

beezzer

Quadrivium

Quad

Come on man...we do a damn fine job dividing ourselves along ideological lines with out DC doing a damn thing.

ATS is a great example in the political threads. Haven't you noticed? How do we change that? Even in this very thread the finger pointing and blame game is obvious!!

Want unity? Work for justice...and stop with the "people like you" marginalizations.

but that wouldn't be any fun, would it?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

olaru12

beezzer

Quadrivium

Quad

Come on man...we do a damn fine job dividing ourselves along ideological lines with out DC doing a damn thing.

ATS is a great example in the political threads. Haven't you noticed? How do we change that? Even in this very thread the finger pointing and blame game is obvious!!

I know I'm guilty of it. What we need to do is focus on what we have in common.

We can all agree that government, corporate lobbyists, special interests have taken over. Why not get our country back from the slime infesting it, THEN worry about what to do with it afterwards.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

olaru12

beezzer

Quadrivium

Quad

ATS is a great example in the political threads. Haven't you noticed? How do we change that?

Hell olaru,
If it meant getting this country back on track I would willing French kiss Nancy Pelosi if it would help.
Getting along with you COULDN'T be any harder than that

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Quadrivium

. . . . . . . If it meant getting this country back on track I would willing French kiss Nancy Pelosi if it would help. . . . . . . . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join