It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would A "New Deal II" TO REBUILD BE A GOOD IDEA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have had this banging in my mind and I'm not intelligent enough to analyze it.You're smart ,what do you think?
Would a New Deal :www.u-s-history.com...
Be a good idea to rebuild infrastructure and industry?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Where will the money come from???

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

pavil
Where will the money come from???

Another fiat currency (Puke Emoticon)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - that the Federal government is involved in will help.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
*kicks down the door*

The foregoing projects, and others, were expensive, and the government was not taking in enough revenue to avoid deficit spending. To fund all the new legislation, government spending rose. Spending in 1916 was $697 million; in 1936 it was $9 billion. The government modified taxes to tap wealthy people the most, who could take it in stride most easily. The deficit was made up in part by raising taxes and borrowing money through the sale of government bonds. Meanwhile, the national debt climbed to unprecedented heights.

Alas wouldnt be able the rich like they did back then, way too many loop holes to avoid taxes. Also would mean more bonds sold which again pushes up debt.

Plus money was made back off the war a few years later (Not saying the war was in anyway good)

*Jumps out the nearest window into the night*

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Cavtrooper7:

Would a 'New Deal', be a good idea to rebuild infrastructure and industry?

The problem is not your infrastructure or industry, it is your country's politics that is damaging. Whom do the political class serve, or seem to be serving? Once you answer that question with accuracy, you'll know where the reform is required to begin a fix.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This would have been a better stumulus package for the country,as those failing banks fell.

As to where the cash for it would come from,I would suggest there is a great deal of research still being done on advanced tech.
They would have to release some of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
didnt we already have a 1 trillion dollar "shovel ready" jobs bill pass a few years ago.

is your new deal going to be 2 trillion dollars for "shovel ready" jobs? because the last one worked so well right. hahaha

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The first new deal installed the main components which began the erosion and downfall of the United States. The "new" new deal has already been installed in the form of bailouts (for huge companies which were mismanaged), stimulus (for "shovel ready jobs" which only benefited unions and
Political cronies), and a debacle of a new health care system. This "new deal II" is the culmination of the first and will finish the job the first one began, which is the destruction of this country. So will you answer your own question for us, because some people think that is a good thing and some people do not. I do not. Do you?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Aren't we seeing the "New Deal II"?

The first New Deal was an expansion of government through social welfare and corporate subsidies to "correct" a manufactured (margin call prompted) financial crash. It raised taxes and increased spending, while producing a populace dependent on government handouts (bailouts)

Hasn't the government been doing the same thing to correct a similar manufactured financial crash . . . ?

So, you are saying "more of the same" will "right the ship"?

BTW - It was entering the war which brought us out of that financial crash . . . Not the Progressive's pipe dream of government expansion.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

You just beat me to it . . .

2nd because I love your answer so much . . .

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well,let's see here.We can loose DHS,DEA,ICE and EPA their assets can be redistributed or sold and their field agents can become a branch of the FBI or CIA.
Nationalize a single industry that is dormant in a state.We have a steel mill rusting in Pueblo,we could develop a metallurgical lab and a foundry there.
Drop all the planned obsolesence crap and modualarize vehicles as extremely durable components that are interchangeable.The Ama will be directed to shift to scientific cures instead of symptomatic suppression.
Revert to a flat taxation system on goods not income. Base the economy on cumodities not just gold.
Subsidize the media and spread studios across the country. We too have good artists there is no reason to let 2d animation die.

As to any "deal" I haven't seen one.Just an attack utilizing "Clower and Piven" tactics.
edit on 17-10-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Answered the question.

new topics

top topics

join