It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Blame Welfare Recipients And Food Stamps For Our Current "Crisis", Blame DC Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I read so many threads bashing poor people for our current state.

That is complete BS!

Regardless of your political affiliation, the blame is on politicians in DC and the banksters.

Obamacare is just another log on the fire after the big bank bailout.

edit on 10/16/2013 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
See people, Obama does care after all! LoL

Free TVs for the hungry masses, that's priceless IMHO!

Whole lot more appealing than the "Let them eat cake" strategy if you ask me!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

I dont know about in USA but in the UK most of our debt spike was caused by bailing out the banks and traders.

Yeah our wellfare bill was high but it was easily being paid for until 2008 and then we spent hundreds of billions proping the banks up.

I think we should have just left the banks to fall back in 2008 as the longer we wait the worse it will be.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why is it all their fault? I get that there as been a learned helplessness in some situations; the way the system is set up laid fertile ground for this. But people should also have the ability to think for themselves - unless easily hypnotized. A lot of stuff has gone undisputed for too long. To lay all the blame on them is to say we are all completely powerless. If only everyone would exercise their rights. But they don't.
If they use our money for things other than what the people deem the most important they need to go. But people must act - they are not powerless to create change. That is just my opinion. Noone is 100% to blame.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Couldn't watch the video.

Anyways it's not right to put down all people on welfare.
I know, when you work hard for your wages and some goes into welfare it pisses you off. Used to piss me off. I was a snob about that. Then one day I needed it myself. I was a young mother with a useless father who wasn't buying food for our kids. I couldn't work myself. I was really stuck. Felt so embarrassed going to apply. I spent every penny on the children and bills.
I'm going thru a divorce now and he's not giving me money. I have to wait until the JCC hearing request interim support. I will consider welfare if I can't get money. I have no choice. I cannot work. I'm in a wheelchair, only have one hand, one leg to use. He knows he has to pay me indefinitely.

So there's people like me, maybe vets who need help.

edit on 16-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

Agreed it's polititians deflecting the blame, it's easy to blame the poor, however I don't recall any trailer park residents back loading derivatives to more than 10 x the GDP of the planet. G

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I agree, the problem is we have poor people blaming poor people.

Lets look at the facts.
You have people working in resteraunts that make the food but could never afford to eat there, you have people building cars who could never afford the car they are building.

Take me for instance, I have built houses, community centres, telephone exchanges etc.

I live in a rented house as I was never paid enough to buy the thing I was building, I had an Industrial Accident but had Disability Insurance, the bank refuse to pay out knowing I never had enough cash to take them to court.

So now Im in rented housing disabled on benefit.

I have to get checked by a french company who get £Millions a year.

I am checked by job centre workers to see if I am fit for work.

A bricklayer building a house in London would have to work a thousand years in order to purchase the same house.

And thats the problem, when a man can't afford to own the thing he has made with his own hands then he is a slave.

In the press im called a layabout , benefit cheat or similar.

Everyone of these people that rubbish my name in my book are the real cheats and layabouts,

They produce and have never produced anything for society and yet they get the most wealth from it.

Politicians, Atos, The Royals, Solicitors, Bankers Atos, benefit workers have all produced nothing, and I was paid so little because a large chunk of my wages went to keeping them in a better lifestyle than I ever enjoyed.

They sit at a keyboard and look at me as though im dirt; if it was not for me and people like me these Fckers would be living in caves, So you keep your welfare and give me back everything I built.

So for all those that think disabled people live of the backs of other , from where Im sitting the ones that judge me live of the backs of us all.

I don't mind building houses for nurses doctors, sewer worker, manufacturers etc but it stick in my throat that David Cameron and the Royals live in large mansions and none of them have laid one brick their whole lifes, yet I have built houses and building for decades and live in a 2 bedroom small house.

I did one thing wrong that I regret, I worked thinking the world was a great place and that if I got injured in that work then the taxes and NI i paid would take care of me "what a mug"
If I had my time over again I would just steal and be a crook because that is what has been done to me.

I am not fit to work anymore but they will force me back no matter how much pain Im in, but that does not matter because any job Im in I will just steal and if they catch me and imprison me I will steal out of the prison kitchen and I will just steal steal steal,
Because there is one thing Ive noticed if you work all your life and have an accident and need benefit you are seen as dirt, even by the people not much better off than yourself, who would need benefit if they lost their job through injury or unemployment.
Poor attack the poor but the rich never attack the rich and that is the difference.

And if you steal steal and steal enough you gain more respect than an honest person who has worked all his life who now requires handouts as the wages he got were to little.

So my advice would be Steal and get respected.

new topics

top topics

join