It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Really Ugly Side of a US Default

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Well, I'll tell ya.. The problem isn't getting that data. I have it going back most of the 20th century. The problem is that it's several pages of columns across and nearly 5000 rows long. I'm not quite sure how to package it up to be usable and presentable?

I could just post base totals with some basic summary of how the numbers were built, but then...that shoots everything about credible sourcing and certainty of having the real numbers you and others would be after.

I've considered this..but I'm still at a bit of a loss for just how to post what I do have?

A PDF? We could have it downloadable on site?

I do that when I advertize things, make the spec sheets and msds sheets as downloadable PDF files...

If we did that with your data everyone could simply download and then after review discuss the fine points.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll answer your question on this. I don't care if I die. It'd prefer not to, but if it is my time I am not worried about it nor do I care if it happens. We all die and being worried about it is irrelevant. I do however want to see our country restored to its former glory. The path we are on right now won't take us there. It is only after much hardship through default will we be able to start digging ourselves out of this hole. Maybe it comes from being a veteran and having served for my country, but I am ready to die for it to see it prosper again.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I agree 100%. In another thread I fussed at a military man - one who was retired and had served a long time it seems - he wanted noting to do with changing this country by default if it meant he'd lose his hard earned money

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

However war was inevitable and as a student of history, I see the same outcome for us here. We should buckle down and make sure it happens on our terms and not something completely out of our control.

I'll note you're 100% right in your first observation. Yes, I personally believe this is inevitable. If not by the near hopeless level of division our nation seems to have reached, then on Math for the debt numbers alone. I mean if something is realistically un-payable, even if we added nothing to it? ... Then you consider compounding interest alone will insure it's added to in perpetuity and into infinity at this point? Crash is simply a pragmatic issue of when and how.

That being said, if we experience a complete collapse? Well... I believe the Soviet Army was deployed into the streets of Moscow and to actually work for a living, at least twice between their fall and when Putin took control over a decade ago. We're bigger in population (Over 2x's by that measure) and worse for tensions/erupting violence in small ways, daily.

No need to hurry things, as I personally see it. Not when we may not see anything better than this within many of our lifetimes, depending on age. Heck, the deal they're talking about on TV runs to January 15th. Another Christmas.... That's something.

<< 1  2   >>

join