It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light descends from sky to town caught by camera - UFO/Meteor??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

dollukka
Not a UFO the size of the light doesn´t change, it looks like this is a rocket flare, even the color is same.

It looks like a direct hit with this explanation.

Good work dolluka.

star for you

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta_101

I know when it was posted but maybe it was before that in August? Are those the mountains in the video?

Two die in a plane crash near Akureyri, Iceland

Many people witnessed the crash as it happened on a race track by Hlíðarfjall mountain on the outskirts of Akureyri, where a local auto club had organised a race there that should have taken place in the afternoon.
Mýflug, the airline operating the flight, released a statement explaining the crash. The airplane had aborted a landing at Akureyri airport before losing altitude and attempting an emergency landing on the race track.

www.icenews.is...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It has some of the characteristics of ball lightning which tends to just appear. I don't think it came out of cloud, if so,it was a very short time to landing while going fairly slow.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Zeta_101
Maybe a meteor?? Or perhaps a flying lantern / toy with light on it?

Meteor? Too slow.
Flare on parachute? It resembles that except for the fact it's drifting horizontally which would require a pretty strong breeze and the trees aren't swaying like they would in a breeze that strong.
Toy with light? Maybe, but the part of the video I don't understand is how it suddenly seems to appear between 3-4 seconds. Maybe it's coming out of a bank of clouds or fog that's not clear in the video, which might explain that.
Alien spaceship? Not impossible, as someone suggested, though there could be a million more likely explanations that don't involve aliens.

The people who saw it crash or land or whatever it did would probably know what it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Viewing the video full screen, it looks to me like a helicopter coming in to land. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but it's clear that the light has a solid object behind it, and I think you can catch a brief glimpse of the rotor when it touches down. Certainly there's no sign of a fire on the ground.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think there's a sports stadium on Gleragata. It could well be someone parachuting into that for the opening of some game? As far as I can work out, the light lands in that general area of town.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I don't think it is a flare. If it was, we would see a trail of smoke behind it. I would guess some remote control toy with a bright light or parachute.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Meteor is a total rule out. No way it could travel that slow and still stay incandescent.
Drone, chopper, airplane on fire? Strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by gortex

I see no evidence on the original uploaders channel of CGI or other UFO videos so I suspect his observation is probably correct .

Seems way to slow to be a meteorite.

I didn't say it was , the video I posted is from the channel of the guy who captured the video not UOFDI , in the quoted section he says ...

I have had the opportunity to believe it is a kind of drone.

That is the observation I think is probably correct .

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

ThinkingCap
Due to the fact that it's completely and utterly impossible that we are being visited by another intelligent species, we can easily rule that out.

You mean an intelligent species right? Not "another".......

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

FireMoon
I think there's a sports stadium on Gleragata. It could well be someone parachuting into that for the opening of some game? As far as I can work out, the light lands in that general area of town.

could be also the City Hall

As I said, light from a landing chopper

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

miniatus

ThinkingCap
Due to the fact that it's completely and utterly impossible that we are being visited by another intelligent species, we can easily rule that out.

No science minded individual would ever say that. It's not completely and utterly impossible, though it's extremely and utterly unlikely.

edit on 10/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Not a very intelligent statement at all. First, there are hundreds of disciplines of science. Many, many of which do believe there are ETs out there and that they have and are visiting us.

As far as unlikely, how vane are we. Do you know how many suns and planets are out there. There are so many that for mathematicians and theoretics, it is virtually impossible that there is not other life out there. We are but a grain of sand in the big scheme of things and they are now estimating there are thousands of earthlike , or possible life sustainable planets out there.

We are more than vain, we are stupid, if we think we are the only life forms in this vast universe.

The Bot

top topics

<< 1   >>

join