It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light descends from sky to town caught by camera - UFO/Meteor??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Uploaded by: UFOdi

Published on Oct 15, 2013
Date: 29th Sep 2013

Description A super bright UFO descends upon the city of Akureyri Iceland and goes straight to the ground for landing in the heavily populated area! What on Earth could this be? What produces such light during the day that comes from the skies and lands in a populated area? we would like to hear your opinion!

Maybe a meteor?? Or perhaps a flying lantern / toy with light on it?

Thanks for watching,
-- Zeta

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta_101

Maybe a meteor?? Or perhaps a flying lantern / toy with light on it?

Thats what the original uploader of the footage thinks .

I got the movie live at that time d 29 September 2013 and discovered a strange glowing ball falling from the sky. It's not a helicopter or a plane, clear to see. I have had the opportunity to believe it is a kind of drone. The ball lands in a garden and you can see that it is as if there is a fire in a short time just after it landed or dropped. I do not know what it is but it looks quite interesting. Maby something climate experimental, military...

I see no evidence on the original uploaders channel of CGI or other UFO videos so I suspect his observation is probably correct .

edit on 16-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Not a UFO the size of the light doesn´t change, it looks like this is a rocket flare, even the color is same.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
that was wow, if that was a meteor where is the explosion, if this is real we are most definitely being visited.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

but if you watch it it looks like it turns once inside the town just before it disappears like it was targeting something.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

it is shot from the right and it appears to sight from top of the video, see the flying pattern, the size is same so it doesn´t come from far away and it lands on the ground when it has spend it´s burning time which is about 40 seconds.. video is 43 seconds.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Looks like a landing chopper on this location 65.685499,-18.091887
camera is at 65.679258,-18.092403

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There does seem to be a fire at the landing site. A Chinese lantern?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's a fake video.

If it was a meteor there would have been light flare around the object.

If a controlled craft, why is the camera perfectly stationed to capture the object with no footage after the "landing"? Also no variation in contrast from the object during its descent.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Based on the evidence, I'm going to go with "I don't know" on this one.

Due to the fact that it's completely and utterly impossible that we are being visited by another intelligent species, we can easily rule that out.

That gives us the following options: Flares, drones, and my favorite: a skydiver on fire.

Hope this helped.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Interesting.... it continues to flash/blink when it lands. So, yeah... flare? But who is dropping flares from the sky? It didn't exactly come from over the hill.
And also look at the speed. You can almost guess how fast it's going in comparison to the speed of the cars closer to the camera.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
At first I thought it may be a meteor but it's not. Could be a plethora of natural explanations.

I had another post made but had to edit it because I stopped watching before it went down near the buildings.

It does look like a meteor until it starts to drop in front of the mountains profile. These days, it could be a number of different hobbyists or pranksters.

The day will come when one of the videos will finally be real, it's gotta happen!!

edit on 10/16/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's far too slow to be a meteor .. if a meteor were falling it and actually landed where that landed it would have been much faster and it would have thrown up debris..

You can tell by the way the cars and people are moving that the video is at normal speed.. so I honestly don't know what it is.. but nobody seemed panicked so I tend to think it's something mundane in nature.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

ThinkingCap
Due to the fact that it's completely and utterly impossible that we are being visited by another intelligent species, we can easily rule that out.

No science minded individual would ever say that. It's not completely and utterly impossible, though it's extremely and utterly unlikely.

edit on 10/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Krusty the Klown
why is the camera perfectly stationed to capture the object with no footage after the "landing"?

My guess is it's one of the many permanent web cameras that are on the internet. It's a great view.. I used to spend hours surfing around the various cameras throughout the world.

Check out www.earthcam.com... sometime..

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

dollukka
Not a UFO the size of the light doesn´t change, it looks like this is a rocket flare, even the color is same.

I do not agree with you at all. I am not saying it is a UFO, but it does NOT look like a flare.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I zoomed in on my tablet, and this is not a Chinese lantern or flare. It seems to have more of a path. I do not think it is a meteor or UFO, but I am not jumping on the Chinese lantern bandwagon. It would have to have been guided to come down like that.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Didn't help. You state its impossible. Clearly you missed out on the fact that we got people on the moon after 200yrs of industrialization. We had a drone on mars after 250yrs. Who is to say that this isnt a drone sent from a different galaxy? One with artificial intelligence, maybe a million years old?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

CottonwoodStormy
that was wow, if that was a meteor where is the explosion, if this is real we are most definitely being visited.

It is far to slow for a Meteor they travel around 55,000 mph. It is something moving far slower either controlled flight or drift from a chute.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I see no evidence on the original uploaders channel of CGI or other UFO videos so I suspect his observation is probably correct .

Seems way to slow to be a meteorite.

Lantern maybe,

Look at the street at the bottom of screen when the bright UFO is about half way in,

2 cars pass from left to right, they seem to be moving faster than this object that seems to have come from above and not from a distance in the background moving towards the camera which could give the impression its moving slower than it might actually be.

It seems to land straight in the middle of the shot in between trees and houses,

I suspect a lantern from viewing the video alone or it could of been ET coming for a visit.

They are due in October, until they get delayed again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join