It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US politicians dont care about you, so relect them back in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
US politicians dont care about you, so relect them back in.

I think its a given that the popularity rate of any politician anywhere in the world is rather low, and I'm sure any survey of voters in the USA would see this as well.
Bad politicians.
Corrupt politicians.
In the trough of pork barreling and spending YOUR money like it grows in trees while lining their own pockets. Used car salemen are more popular. Telemarketers are probably more popular. Those politicians have a long track record of lying and backstabbing the people.

So the question is this...
Why do americans vote these exact same people back in again?

I dont mean the parties, although that sure happens. I mean the actual individual people.

From this website, a graph showing the percentage of re-elections (cropped to fit on the screen):

The senate isnt much better. The fact remains that US politicians are in fact SO POPULAR that voters keep voting them back in at about 90 percent or more.

For gods sake, why????

You think its bad now with the economy and the shutdown and sequestration and trillions of dollars in debt? Doesnt seem to matter, and so I'll make the prediction that at the next election the voters will just vote the exact same people back in. Again.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It's actually a quite simple psychological principle. Nobody thinks their representative is the problem. It's always the "other" guy/gal or the "other" team that ails America.

Beyond that, it is very difficult for a "new" representative to displace the old guard. The old representative is entrenched in the community and usually has a much larger investment base to drown out the local voice of any new challengers.

Oh . . . and people are lazy.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Simple. Votes are no longer won, they're bought.

Capitalism at its finest.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It all comes down to entitlement,correct information, and our lovely truthful media. Gimme, gimme, and CNN said this about whomever. Example, GE owns much media, gave the campaign millions, got a mega tax break from our dictator, and now is completely exempt from ACA, 316 EPA regulations and any public negativeity. Our system works if you remove the traitors and theives, But they are well dug in. The low info and gimme crowd do not care if the devil himself ran for office, as long as they get, get, get for nothing, they will vote them in again and again... We need desprately to flush the mega toilet that is washington, fire them all, senate, house and the glorious dictator himself, only way back in...visitor's badge...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I was going to type this response but you beat me to it. It is no longer about compromise, it is about getting your way. Even the public seems to echo this sentiment. Therefore people are dishonest about their politicians and blame the other guy for all the problems. Meanwhile, both parties are responsible for their inability to compromise.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I never vote anymore for the flashy guy or articulate guy anymore. I vote for the guy who looks like he had a rough life. I am so sick of everyone that is leading everything now days has to conform to some impression to appease people to vote for them.

I'd much rather vote for the guy down the street, that has run a small business for years and treats his employees well, but has no desire to do anything else. However, without political influence that guy will never make it into office. Sad. The common folk without desire to profit from their offices would be the best politicians. Especially the ones who thought deeply about all subjects, without clouding their judgment with their own personal desire to move some agenda forward.

new topics

top topics

join