It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Recipients Are Non Essential - Go Find a Food Pantry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hey I ain't saying this, the Obama administration is. I guess closing veteran memorials and national parks didn't make it hurt enough.

States across the country are being told to stop the supplemental nutrition assistance program for the month of November, pending further notice. That’s according to a letter from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

They posted a letter from the USDA on its Facebook page. It says in part, “in the interest of preserving maximum flexibility, we are directing states to hold their November issuance files and delay transmission to state electronic benefit transfer vendors until further notice.”

Utah families on food stamps could be cut off soon

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't see what the heck the difference is... Maximum flexibility to THAT extreme would mean dire emergency levels for an open ended crisis no one could tell the time to end or if it even would end.

In that extreme? I also think we're using greenbacks as toilet paper in a pinch. Bundles would work best I'll bet...because it won't be worth spit if they TRULY come to choosing between feeding people and ..whatever else.

So...this is what the MASSIVE ammo purchases were for..? A crisis they knew was coming by their own making and design. OIC..... It's a bit clearer as time goes on.

We Been Had. Ding!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by elouina

I think this has already been posted on.

Yeah, I just saw this. Gotta love the ATS search system. Carry on at the other thread folks.

edit on 16-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It was about time they stopped that communistic-marxistic-food program! People have to live on their own! We don't need no government!

Yippi-a-yeah.
edit on 16-10-2013 by ManFromEurope because: /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Will you please quote, from your article, where the word "Obama", "White House" or "Executive" is found.

Thanks!

PS: It says that the USDA is telling states to stop sending out food stamps, but no where could I find a mention of our president, the white house or executive branch.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Why didnt they send out a memo telling all cities to put up greenhouses so people could eat.

Even worse, why haven't people done this on their own?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I always disliked hippies in the 70s

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Evil_Santa
reply to post by elouina

Will you please quote, from your article, where the word "Obama", "White House" or "Executive" is found.

Thanks!

PS: It says that the USDA is telling states to stop sending out food stamps, but no where could I find a mention of our president, the white house or executive branch.

What, you can't figure this one out yourself? Who do you think appointed the USDA Chief? Hence the Obama administration...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy! My mouse has a mind of it's own... Double post.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

dellmonty
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I always disliked hippies in the 70s

rofl you do know historically the US is ag state right? we are or were, farmers.

tha hell does hippies have to do with growing food?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

ManFromEurope
It was about time they stopped that communistic-marxistic-food program! People have to live on their own! We don't need no government!

Yippi-a-yeah.
edit on 16-10-2013 by ManFromEurope because: /sarcasm

and YOU, with the sarcasm. We actually don't NEED huge government. Never have, hell even a democrat will tell you that.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think you Americans will be useing those guns you love so much soon

I feel terrible for you guys. Its going to be bad and half you are ignorant or refuseing to comprehend how bad its going to be.

Hell some of you are cluthcing on to some romantic vision of the USA foreign debt suddenly diasppearing and the bankls and politucan losing power and all going back to the old happy days.

It wont.

And im not saying this to gloat. I am really worried for evryone in the USA.
edit on 16-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I appreciate your concern my furry little friend. I really do. Coming from you, I know that's sincere.

Don't write us off just yet tho.... There is many a slip between a cup and the lip.

The fat lady won't be singing until 12:01 AM Eastern tomorrow. I can think of countless ways this ends by some form of deal before that time passes. I can't also think of ways it doesn't.

I guess we're betting on self preservation being the guiding principle for Congress in the end. Lets hope we don't bring another example to prove the saying about assuming things.

* If worse comes to worse... I pray it's my bolt rifle I use and never...ever..anything else. See, that's strictly for hunting and I hunt only for food. That I can deal with having to do for awhile, as generations before me did going back to the Mayflower at Plymouth. It's moving to weapons intended for 2 legged critters I'd be happy to go a lifetime without needing in more than training.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah its that thought that has me the most worried for you guys.
Not only the prospect of job loss ect but 60 million hungery people suddenly cut from wealthfare

Hungery people dont just die quietly.

Maybe those FEMA camps that are rumoured are for them? Hot food a and shelter for them.

Still Im guessing there will be a last minute resolution! I may lose $100 on my currnecy trade if they do and forgo a £15,00+ windfall but thats $100 I really really do want to lose

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I thought your AUD/USD was going to make you £30,000?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

khimbar

Between £15-30K maybe abit more depends on how fast it falls. And only if the US defaults.
If it doesnt defualt I may lose at most $100.

And I want to lose that $100.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

crazyewok

khimbar

Between £15-30K maybe abit more depends on how fast it falls. And only if the US defaults.
If it doesnt defualt I may lose at most $100.

And I want to lose that $100.

You will.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Finger crossed

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Fingers, legs and everything else.

I really expect a last minute solution, but as we all know things go on exactly as they always have right until the point that they don't.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join