It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana mall billboard shows Obama with Hitler mustache demanding his impeachment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

you clearly do not agree with the OP and that is your right, I believe that is free speech.....the whole premise of free speech is just that .....you and everyone else is entitled to an opinion whether you or any one else agrees or not...and bringing up marketing tactics has little bearing on free speech...get over it

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yup, keep blaming Obama...

en.wikipedia.org...

In April 2009, officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in large-scale "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the federal intelligence court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified.[6]

In August 2012, The New York Times published short documentaries by independent filmmakers entitled The Program,[7] based on interviews with a whistleblower named William Binney, a designer of the NSA's Stellar Wind project. The project had been designed for foreign signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection but, Binney alleged, after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, controls that limited unintentional collection of data pertaining to US citizens were removed, prompting concerns by him and others that the actions were illegal and unconstitutional.

First of all i'm in the IT industry and work in data centers. This type of data collection system isn't designed built and deployed in 4 months (from Jan to April). Heck, look at the ObamaCare websites - the USG had 3 years to design, build and implement those, and fell flat on their face. Secondly, WIlliam Binney stated that this type of wiretapping has been ongoing since the patriot act removed data collection controls in 2001.

Here's some more details about Binney's interview in 2012.

www.privatewifi.com...

The NSA, or National Security Agency, was authorized by President Bush in the aftermath of 9/11 to monitor Americans who had links to terrorists. But no one really defined under what parameters the NSA could gather this information, including the courts and politicians.

But the basic gist was this: any American who made contact with a non-American could have their information intercepted and recorded by the NSA. With the help of legislation such as the Patriot Act, the NSA started gathering mountains of information, including emails, telephone conversations, text messages, and cellphone locations, among other things.

So again, you're blaming Obama for something that has effectively been ongoing for 10+ years, and I have been very vocal about for all of those years. If you had listened to my internet radio show in 2004/2005 you would have heard some very colorful words spouted about the government's data collection practices. The issue is that the general public was ok with it until Snowden made it blatantly clear that it doesn't work like some hollywood film where the super-hacker can find a terrorist through advanced google searching. The only way to even find terrorist data is to gather all data and analyze it all, then look deeper into a subsection of that data for possible terrorism activity.

It's kind of like an advanced search feature. How can you search for something if you don't have any data to analyze? Computers are pretty stupid and only do what they're programmed to do (for the most part) so to analyze data, it first needs to be formatted into a form that can be quickly searched by analysis algorithms - hence the cart blanche collection of ALL data.

TL: DR - Obama's Fault.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Although I sympathize with the "impeach Obama" sentiment, it's irrational, emotional, and ultimately useless. Say Obama was impeached....then what? Biden takes over? Even if his entire cabinet were replaced, do you honestly think anything would change?
If so, then the government has successfully brainwashed you.

The problem is not individual people.
The problem is the SYSTEM ITSELF.
Government is inherently corrupt and tyrannical.

Freedom is absolute: you are free, or you are not free.
If you are not free, you are, by definition, a PRISONER, a SLAVE.

PERIOD.

We don't need a revolution.
how many times must history repeat itself before we get it?!

en.wikipedia.org...

Revolution is nothing more than perpetual bureaucratic/tyrannical inertia;
a vicious cycle of abuse.

The "leaders" and their rhetoric might change, but, the injustice and abuse remain the same- most of the time, however, whatever "new" government takes over, ends up being far more tyrannical and abusive than its predecessor.

We don't need revolution...
We need an EVOLUTION.

The Non-Aggression Principle (NAP), though not perfect, it is a great start-
en.wikipedia.org...

We (humanity) do not need these expansive governments, pretending to act on behalf of all the people, just because we live within some imaginary, arbitrary lines on a map.
The only thing stopping us from evolving from the tribalism of our past, and the jingoism of our present is ourselves.

Who owns you?
Who rules you?
Are you free?
or are you a slave?
So...
what I mean by evolution in this context is gradually abolishing government, and allowing for a voluntary, more localised social system based on a few simple principles-
-self-ownership
-the NAP
-free market
-respect for ALL life

in case you didn't notice, there's one thing these principles have in common...
THEY ARE ALL ANTITHETICAL TO, AND THEREBY THE ENEMY OF, THE GOVERNMENT/THE STATE.

edit on 16-10-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

On and on you go.... Say for example Bush sent troops house to house to kill babies. Does this mean that Obama is allowed to do the same thing, and maybe even amp it up a bit and kill the parents also? Just because one person does a wrong doesn't suddenly make it right for the next person. So yes I am blaming Obama for what has been happening during his watch. We are nearly through 5 years of the Obama administration. Isn't it about time he take full responsibility for HIS OWN ACTIONS?

And it has been proven that the NSA program is a failure since it catches very few terrorists. I am off to bed so you can check this out yourself.
edit on 16-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

elouina
Perhaps people are staring to wake up? I find this quite amusing.

Washington, Oct. 16 (ANI): A video billboard was seen in an Indiana shopping center featuring President Barack Obama sporting an Adolf Hitler mustache, accompanied by a message that read, 'Impeach Obama'.

Indiana mall billboard shows Obama with Hitler mustache demanding his impeachment

Juvenille and pathetic especially when you think of the damage being done by inflated Ego's in the Capital......

It's not about sides, its about common sense.........

America....is DYING and the world is laughing...........

Democracy and free elections put Obama in power with a clear mandate of reform........ what makes the Republicans think they are right in de-railing that Democracy and putting alot of people in jeopady .....??

PDUK

edit on 16-10-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling as usual

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Honestly I feel that Biden would shine after what all we have been through with Obama. LOL.... All we need to do is coast through the next 3 years. Just take it easy for a change, yes this is change I can agree upon. Sometimes when folks say a person won't be very good at something, they may turn around and surprise you. Because they will work ten times harder just to prove you wrong. A stable and more sedate government could actually improve the trust in our economy.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It isn't about sides with me either. I just don't like Obama, period. And this dislike stems from his actions, mannerisms, and flat out lying. He is what has brought the US to shame. Remember, he did say that he wanted to take us down a notch. And look, this is something he actually accomplished without screwing up.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough.

It doesn't matter who is president.
or VP. Or Secretary of whatever B.S. department...

Government is illegitimate and nothing more than a monopoly on force.
It's destined to fail by it's very nature.

It is time to move on, embrace freedom for real.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

elouina

On and on you go.... Say for example Bush sent troops house to house to kill babies. Does this mean that Obama is allowed to do the same thing, and maybe even amp it up a bit and kill the parents also? Just because one person does a wrong doesn't suddenly make it right for the next person. So yes I am blaming Obama for what has been happening during his watch. We are nearly through 5 years of the Obama administration. Isn't it about time he take full responsibility for HIS OWN ACTIONS?

And it has been proven that the NSA program is a failure since it catches very few terrorists. I am off to bed so you can check this out yourself.
edit on 16-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Did i say that it wasn't Obama's fault for continuing the practices of the previous administration? No, but really more the fault of our congress.

Here's a thought for you, why hasn't the government been held hostage by the TP faction of the GOP over the NSA collection of data, and refused to fund the NSA because of their unconstitutional actions? Why hasn't congress changed the patriot act in an emergency session.. It's obviously unconstitutional and the majority of Americans don't want their privacy invaded.

Because it's easier to just blame Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Although I sympathize with the "impeach Obama" sentiment, it's irrational, emotional, and ultimately useless. Say Obama was impeached....then what? Biden takes over? Even if his entire cabinet were replaced, do you honestly think anything would change?
If so, then the government has successfully brainwashed you.

The problem is not individual people.
The problem is the SYSTEM ITSELF.
Government is inherently corrupt and tyrannical.

Freedom is absolute: you are free, or you are not free.
If you are not free, you are, by definition, a PRISONER, a SLAVE.

PERIOD.

We don't need a revolution.
how many times must history repeat itself before we get it?!

en.wikipedia.org...

Revolution is nothing more than perpetual bureaucratic/tyrannical inertia;
a vicious cycle of abuse.

The "leaders" and their rhetoric might change, but, the injustice and abuse remain the same- most of the time, however, whatever "new" government takes over, ends up being far more tyrannical and abusive than its predecessor.

We don't need revolution...
We need an EVOLUTION.

The Non-Aggression Principle (NAP), though not perfect, it is a great start-
en.wikipedia.org...

We (humanity) do not need these expansive governments, pretending to act on behalf of all the people, just because we live within some imaginary, arbitrary lines on a map.
The only thing stopping us from the tribalism of our past, and the jingoism of our present is ourselves.

Who owns you?
Who rules you?
Are you free?
or are you a slave?
So...
what I mean by evolution in this context is gradually abolishing government, and allowing for a voluntary, more localised social system based on a few simple principles-
-self-ownership
-the NAP
-free market
-respect for ALL life

in case you didn't notice, there's one thing these principles have in common...
THEY ARE ALL ANTITHETICAL TO, AND THEREBY THE ENEMY OF, THE GOVERNMENT/THE STATE.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Most other times it wouldn't make a difference, this Obama is a bit too radical. Moving on is getting Obama out of office so the country can recuperate. We can use a few snorer years...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

come on friend!
we can do better than that!
let me intoduce you to tyranny's best friends-
apathy and complacency.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Even if Obama was out of office, there would be no snorer years. Just as much damage, if not more, would be done. It would just be hush hush and done behind closed doors by another administration.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If you always do what you've always done
Then you'll always get what you've always got............

That is the problem with the American (and many other) governments today.

Reform and change are bloody hard to enact but sometimes Change is needed.

Your hatred of Obama is because you have not opened your mind fully to other ''ways'' and possibilities.....

Nothing should stay the same....prepare to adapt and change...you will be a better person for it.

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I really do need to get to bed, so I will make this my last post. If you recall, Congress was, "this close", to abolishing the NSA. I sat and watched it on Cspan. It was close enough to make Obama sweat. Obama wants the NSA... In fact there are many motions, on many fronts, in progress as I type. You recall a post earlier tonight where I mentioned that the author of the Patriot Act is trying to get it abolished himself? If I recall correctly, he is retired, but cares enough to come out of retirement to correct this mess. Oh and of course there is also the class action lawsuit by Rand Paul. I am a part of this, are you? there are other things going on at the moment also.

There is another congressman that has been working diligently on this also. (I need to get to sleep, or I would provide his name.) He was involved in an attempt to get the FISA court to release their top secret findings that the NSA was involved in unconstitutional spying. Except Eric Holder and Obama have been repeatedly appealing court findings that it was permissible to release these findings. In fact I want to check to see if there are any updates on this. Anyways, this congressman has been deeply involved in trying to get the NSA dissolved. He may have even been the one that initiated the vote that I watched on Cspan.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Evil_Santa
I think that all forms of baseless propaganda should be illegal.

Then the entire Obama administration would be in jail.
Heck .. even Kathleen Sebelius couldn't keep a straight face when asked
by Jon Stewart if she was telling lies to him. She called herself an
'outcome engineer'. That's politically correct for 'I am a liar and a propagandist'.

As for the OP information ....
Freedom of speech. They can put it up and express themselves if they wish.
HOWEVER, when people start up with the Bush=Hitler or Obama=Hitler stuff,
it just makes me think they are extreme and so I don't really listen.
Hitler was Hitler. No American POTUS has come close to his level of insanity or evil.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obama is not Hitler.

Hitler was shorter.

And foreign.

And shouted a lot. And made a bunch of laws. And ruled by executive ord-. . . . . oh.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's an absolute disgrace to show the president as Hitler.
The president, as far as facts go, is being entirely democratic and just,The Rep's are the ones with a gun to the nations head.
Only a moron would put a picture like that up and only morons would find it funny.
It makes no sense because there are zero similarities between the two, politically or ideologically.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

stargatetravels
The president, as far as facts go, is being entirely democratic and just,The Rep's are the ones with a gun to the nations head.
Only a moron would put a picture like that up and only morons would find it funny.
It makes no sense because there are zero similarities between the two, politically or ideologically.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

stargatetravels
The president, as far as facts go, is being entirely democratic and just...

This section made me rofl for a long minute.

Anyone who has done their homework would see the massive correlation between Nazi Germany and the current state of the U.S.

Nazi Germany was a failed social experiment (or was it?). Just like Communist China is a social experiment. The lessons learned in both are steadily being implemented here by those with power, to be used against those who don't. Suppress the weak, keep them weak, keep them under control. The masses are only useful for as long as they buy into the BS.

The Prez is a figurehead set up by those with power, and only they can knock him down.

Democratic and Just? Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join