It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness coming to the Pacific Northwest? Our animals sure think so...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The behavior described in the OP sounds more like a large animal outside.

I don't want to throw cold water on a good doom and gloom thread.

So, Carry on...

Add: just don't get eaten waiting for the world to blow up.

edit on 18-10-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

You said: I have been seeing 11:11 alot for some reason...

I started seeing 111, which is more common to me than the usual 1111, in all sorts of places - price of petrol, grocery receipt, time, address, etc. Very freaky! And I still don't know what it means!

I saw it on the computer tonight too... and now here, so I googled 1111 to see if anything new came up. I got to see a video at www.youtube.com... where I was interested to see in this video [although I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly], that the rune stone 1 is called Isa, which is the name they use in Islam for the Son of God...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

whyamIhere
The behavior described in the OP sounds more like a large animal outside.

I don't want to throw cold water on a good doom and gloom thread.

So, Carry on...

Add: just don't get eaten waiting for the world to blow up.

edit on 18-10-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

As someone who has had a great deal of education in the field of geology, I would say that this kind of determination on this particular "doom and gloom thread" is totally inappropriate. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we currently are at a 37% chance of having an 8-10 on the Richter scale megathrust earthquake and that probability is coming straight from respected geologists and the USGS.

37% chance isn't 50% but it isn't 10% or even 20%. That's over an 1 in 3 chance. Those are uncomfortable odds for living in the Pac NW.
edit on 18/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I know my cats all go nuts whenever there's a weather change in the offing. The bigger/more powerful the front, the more nutso they go.

However, Thursday morning my little piggy-pop kitty was hiding. I thought it was because she might have been having a relapse of the illness we had been treating her for because it takes an act of Congress to keep her away from food, but she was hiding in the basement and not hungry at all. She didn't start acting normal until the this morning. Not normal weather crazy. Maybe she's getting sick again, or maybe it was something else. We do live in range of New Madrid, but there hasn't been any reports of any kind of potential activity out of there for a while although they say we're due.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
2 earthquakes in the pacific ocean taken place while you're pets were freaking out. your pets were not kidding.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BristolStew

Yeah and they are starting to get weird again. The dogs seem OK, but now our cats (all indoor furry psychopaths) seemed bound and determined to Shawshank their way out of the backdoor... and, it isn't just us...
It is easy to discount as just animals being weird, but with Ranier/Cascadia just a few hundred miles to the east and their collective histories... I tend to pay a little more attention...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have been seeing 11:11 for a solid three years now. It's involuntary and it's almost as if something is turning my head to look at the clock or street address to see it. I was blown away when I googled it out of frustration and found out hundreds or thousands of other people were having the exact same experience as me with those numbers. how could that be? Why? I still don't have a clue what it really means, but in my gut I think it means to get ready, the light is coming.... Nice to meet another 11:11'er and Seattleite on ATS!

Go Hawks!
edit on 19-10-2013 by RustyNailer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyNailer

I've been seeing 11/11 a lot this week, too, but I can't claim it's anything strange. I proofread for my job, and next month is Veterans Day ... that's 11/11.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Like reading these threads so responding to keep connected. Yes - some quakes and only a few days after the dogs (and cats) act up. I would rather have a warning from that keen animal instinct than none at all. I'm not sure why someone commenting thinks it's irresponsible. That's an unusual reaction to people sharing their stories. It's really on ongoing study almost - if enough posted right before a quake happened each time it could allow people to at least prepare. I've lived through bad quakes when others did not. We need something to go by so why not report strange animal behavior.

My own pets are already cooky so I can never tell for sure with them (just two cats my kid brought home). They have been more restless is all. They have done this over the past several months, a few times - outa the blue. Probably monday through yesterday was the last episode. All day long - want to go out the front door and a minute later are meowing to get in the back door - over and over. Needing something - almost as if confussed - following me; getting right under my feet at every opportunity. Thank goodness they are back to themselves today. Haven't seen either so must be content outside playing.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

What area of the world do you live in? Ads looking for run-away cats is a big sign, according to some one(?).

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There was an earthquake in the Philippines:

edition.cnn.com...

Church tower collapsing in earthquake:

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by Dianec

What area of the world do you live in? Ads looking for run-away cats is a big sign, according to some one(?).

Northwest - United States. They were acting weird all week and now I haven't seen them all day. Not sure if that is good or bad.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

If it's not normal then I'd say be wary. Cats tend to follow a pattern IME. Mine have always been creatures of habit and fairly predictable once you knew what their patterns were.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yea it very much feels like they are trying to tell me something. They kept trying to get me to go upstairs one day. It spooked me a bit. Got in front of me, looked up with long sorrowful meow and then begin to walk - looking back at me as they do. I was in too big of a hurry each time that day, and when I finally made it without their prompting there was nothing there. They have gone back to normal as of today but I will remember what you have said, and try and pay attention rather than talking myself out of it. It is so much easier to dismiss the initial feeling that something is off. Thanks for the feedback

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There have been a few small quakes the last few days.

Five in Washington on the 17th. One on the 18th.
One in Oregon on the 18th.

The biggest was a 1.5 in Oregon.

The Washington ones were all under 1.0.
There were two or three quarry blasts too.
Maybe they were sensing some of those???
WOQ

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I'm too tired to see if they were shallow or not but I'm sure animals pick up on a certain type of quake or changing electromagnetic fields. I have definitely sensed some change in the later. Im not being weird with that but also can't explain why I have been sensing it. Slight changes in human behavior around me (more agitated but very slight - yet I pick up on it).

It's nearly midnight and I have only seen one of the two cats we have today. For as much as they were literally running in circles for about 4 days it is a relief to see them back to themselves. It is only in retrospect that I realize how bizarre their behavior was. Noticed it during it but kept overriding the strangeness of it, or was too busy to stop and accept it for what it was. For such small quakes that was a lot of activity.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Source could be anything...

But stay alert. Make sure you have supplies and 1st Aid kits.

Even if animals are chilled it is best to be prepared.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I already mentioned that they were shallow quakes in the regions of our active volcanoes. Shallow minor quakes in multiples tend to be an indicator of magma movement. Considering that they were registered at active volcanoes up and down the Cascades, it could've been a pretty significant movement of magma.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Must have missed that. I don't live that far from Yellowstone - in fact quakes were hitting both north and south of where I am this last spring and summer so it is something to keep an eye on with animal behavior. They are still back to their regular behavior today so that's a relief. The strange thing is they were as confused and persistent as an animal can be - truly was disturbing and even aggravating since I could not figure out what they wanted, yet these quakes weren't that close to us. Whatever they were sensing was reverberating a long distance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join