It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness coming to the Pacific Northwest? Our animals sure think so...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
First of all, I don't normally post predictions (unless college football is involved) but it has been getting weird today...

First of all, every animal in this house is losing their damned minds. Our dog is normally very calm and extremely well behaved (Belg. Malinois- trained service/protection and wicked smart)... but she has been losing her damned mind tonight! She has been pacing back and forth freaking endlessly and whining like she is just really upset. Our cats have been going bat crap crazy... more than normal for cats anyway. Our cats are very social, but they have all been in hiding all evening. We share a house with another couple, and their pooch (a normally very calm, laid back Aus. cattle dog) has been just damned twitchy... he keeps pacing back and forth in the yard and whimpering...

Next, my wife is what you may call "sensitive"... (very sensitive to electrical fields... and she kills batteries in everything she touches... **Added for clarity**) she has been M-O-O-D-I-E-R than Rosanne Barr at a half empty buffet! I gave her a Snickers (figured she was gettin a little weird) and she about gave it back to me as a suppository...

Now... we live in the Inland Northwest. Not all that far from the Cascadia Fault... the house is a split level, partially underground... could they all be sensing the ELF (extreme low freq.) waves preceding a major quake?

If it happens, I guarantee I will defecate twinkies as the prediction thing just bugs me...

I have been seeing 11:11 alot for some reason...

Maybe I just need that Snickers...

edit on 16-10-2013 by madmac5150 because: Just plain weird...

edit on 16-10-2013 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep... the clowns will eat me...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I'm in the Umpqua Basins.
Our cats and dogs are peaceful.
Us too.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire

I'm in the Umpqua Basins.
Our cats and dogs are peaceful.
Us too.

I'm up near Lake Pend O'reille and I wish ours were... makin me nuts... gotta find that tranquilizer gun...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Animals know - I guess the elephants all ran up to the hills before the big tsunami hit in Indonesia - there's a thread to look at the "lost pets" (cats and dogs) in the paper when an earthquake is coming.

Did you see the big oarfish they found off the coast of southern CA today? They usually live way deep in the ocean.

Hope you all stay safe....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Central Grant county.

All is quiet here.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Maybe the ELF is making the water in the lake slosh around... Pend O'Reille is very very deep... dunno... weird...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I live in SW Washington near Portland. Our cat has been going nuts, being extra lovey and vocal.

I think it's associated with the nice weather.

I know he wants to go out and he's trying to convince us to let him outside, but we can't let him. He brought fleas in the house from strays and we're still battling the problem.

Is your weather really nice? Perhaps that could be affecting their mood.

Also, I know life has become stressful for everyone, especially with the daily fear based news that has increased. Maybe they are sensing the mood in the household?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Be careful with drinking water, the lake may become poisonous if underground gases are released into it.

Gases from the lake may become toxic as well.

The lake will most likely show the first signs!

Especially if lake is directly over fault.

Here's a snickers...

[HD] Exclusive Snickers Super Bowl XLIV 44 2010 Commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda Ad
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7-31Cxc2I
www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Pretty quite here. Though, I am more inland than you WA/ID boarder area. It's slightly warmer than it's been lately if that might be it, making them more active. I'll update if that changes or know anything further.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Be careful with drinking water, the lake may become poisonous if underground gases are released into it.

Gases from the lake may become toxic.

The lake will most likely show the first signs!!

I can just about hit the lake with a golfball and a decent 4-iron... if I "pure" it anyways... (you golfers know what I am talking about). I will let ya know if it starts to look weird... I drive by it daily...

Maybe they are testing SONAR at the super secret sub base...???

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K methinks...

Where did I leave that Snickers???

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

We shouldn't disregard how animals behave, you should always be aware of their behaviors when it suddenly changes...there might be something at play you are missing.

I'm not saying something big would necessarily happen, but like above poster's said you always get warning signs.

Also, your dog wouldn't just start noticing the "household mood" it would always be apparent...that is unless things have gotten suddenly worse and it noticed that...but i would think it would be more of a gradual transition...not worthy of a behavior spike.

Of course there has been a lot of talk of a mega quake soon, and living in the pacific northwest it would definitely impact many people...i myself am concerned for the 17th because of the shakeout drill in accordance with a lot of things pointing towards a mega quake in early October on a Thursday between San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Of course, nothing of that magnitude may occur but its always good to keep an eye on things and to not rule out behaviors based on "safer" pretenses.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My dogs are all relaxed/quiet today and I am a whole lot closer than you are (almost on top of the CSZ), In Skagit County.

My dogs have proven to be sensitive in the past too. There are a bunch of regular faults however, basically all over our State, so it could be they are picking up on something else.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

They have finally started to calm down... a bit anyways... just bizarre. I worked as an Anti-Terror terror guy for awhile and I am always very keenly aware of sudden behavior changes... gotta do a bit of geology research...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

Honestly I don't have dogs, so I'm giving the OP a suggestion based on our cat's behavior when the mood changes in our house.

Our cat picks up on our moods, even when we are feeling down. Even when we put on a brave face for each other or not to worry the kids, he picks up on our subtle changes and will comfort us.

OP, what about the wildlife? Are they acting strange, disappearing, being more vocal, etc..?

Where I am, that isn't the case. Nothing too strange except the weather is nicer.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi!

Trust the animals, they know!
In China, before a big quake, snakes came out of the ground in the winter!
Watch them so they don't get out of the house though.
A lot of animals will run off before a quake.

Our cats act scared or like they are feeling pain before bigger ones world wide.
My husband developed seizures a few years ago that they can't find a reason for.
Ever since, he gets achy, has pain & feels a lot of pressure on his chest before bigger quakes.
We both get ringing in our ears too.

Since I started paying attention, I notice I get really hungry,
even though I might have just eaten!
And lately very sleepy like I was given a sleeping pill.
Other times I get a burst of energy out of nowhere,
& sometimes a very 'antsy' feeling.
Some people get migraines.

There's a thread that some of us have been keeping track of our symptoms on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it something electrical that's given off before a quake?
That would explain why hubby says it sometimes feels like he's going to have a seizure.
I know how unpleasant the ear ringing is for us,
I can imagine what it must be like for animals that have more sensitive hearing!

Hubby says sometimes it feels like he's being held under water & can't breathe.
Other times it feels like a truck is squeezing him up against a wall!
Imagine being an animal & not understanding where the noise or hurt is coming from!

Keep your eyes open & watch them very closely.
Especially if they start acting desperate to get away.
I don't remember how far in advance of a quake,
people have noticed the behavior though!
With our cats it's usually only a few hours.

Let us know if you notice anything else.
Maybe keep a glass of water on the table,
& see if you can see any ripples in it when the animals act up!!!
Stay safe!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

My mistake, i was slightly distracted. I was only trying to say in reference to your last statement "that maybe its stress" that stress is always apparent just not the same magnitude...however i would definitely agree its too nice.

I was merely voicing that it is unlikely it is the mood in the household, i didn't mean to offend you.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Gotta get some sleep... but will add to this thread if it keeps getting weird... gotta do some geology research as well...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am over in Spokane and it's all rather quiet considering how many large dogs live in my neighborhood.
Perhaps too quiet? LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You might wake up and the lake is drained...

Its happened!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

As am I, personally i feel we are right at the point before the big drop off.

To be more clear, when a snowball rolls downhill it picks up more speed and more snow until it reaches terminal velocity.

People probably think we are in the calm before the storm, as do I...but i think we've been in it for quite a while.

Now I feel we are at the point right before the snowball picks up speed. The only question is how long a window that is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join