It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P.Ink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As a lover of breasts it seemed important to add this and spread the word a little. If you gotta problem with it, well hell it was from the Latin Post so bite me or ban me. Whatever you wish.

Anyway...dig it, cause i think its stunning and so very worthwhile.

Latin Post

Cancer.org reports that each year “more than 296,000 American women face breast cancer,” and its website offers a wealth of information regarding reconstructive surgery. And with those surgeries come scars.

There are other options, too. Some women choose to forego reconstructive surgery altogether, adorning their chests with inked art instead.

You may have heard the buzz when Facebook censors removed a photo of a breast cancer survivor’s large chest tattoo earlier this year. The woman in the photo had undergone a double mastectomy and in place of where her breasts would be chose to place a beautifully ornate forest scene — complete with flowers, birds and animals — outlined with a Celtic chain.

If your interested, or know someone who is, here is their Pinterest site with designs, stories, etc.

Much love boobies, much love.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I say anything that helps you cope, fight harder, helps you like what you see in the mirror, etc. is extremely worthwhile. It's an awesome thing they are doing with this and we could all stand to see a lot more of this humanity/humbleness displayed as of late IMO.

Thanks for sharing it. Tattoos are often used as a comforter for as many reasons for just as many different people. It's good to see it losing some of it's negative connotations.

Just beautiful.
edit on 10/15/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
no doubt the woman in the video felt a lot better with herself after getting the tats.......I personally haven't had breast cancer but I did have my children ripped away from as a result of poor choice in women and as a comforter I had a large arm tattoo almost a full sleeve, with my kids names ,DOB and pictures of their birth signs, this has helped me heal in a big way and serves as a constant reminder why I have to keep fighting for them..not that I need a reminder I just know it helps..the good news is that fight is almost over and maybe ,just maybe by Christmas I will have my little ones back in my life fulltime

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I have burn scars, and I wonder if this would be a viable option? I have no idea, nor any idea who I would ask. It seems to be okay over scar tissue, but, burn scars are a little different. I don't know.

Never crossed my mind, but it is an awesome idea. I went to the Pintrest site, some awesome pics there with beautiful designs. Each as personal a story as the woman that chose them.

Thanks for sharing this, it has opened doors I never knew were there or considered.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

It would depend on the tattooist and the amount/type of scarring you have. I have heard some tattooists say they will, some say they will not. I think it depends on the severity of the scarring more than anything else. If the scarring is thicker, it will be harder to find someone willing to do it. Hopefully you will be able to find someone who can help you out.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The way i understand it this is possible but it is very important to consult your tattoo artist first and to work with them to find an image that won't be distorted by the scars. From what i understand some of the more simple ideas and style can be best.

Here is one of the best ones i have seen..
Scar tattoo

top topics

join