It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News anchor completely loses it for the best possible reasons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Daedalus

SubTruth
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

Really listen to what this man is saying...........He is wrong. The so called solution is not to be found in elected officials or some new banking scheme.

The solution is getting the progressive mindset out of our homes and families. Once we do this all the other pieces will fall into place. It really is that easy people. From the idealistic college student all the way to the retired grandparents we have to finally wake up.

When we rid ourselves of the progressive parasite the two party system will fall. Kids will be able to be kids again. The entitlement culture that has re-enslaved not only the blacks but everyone else will vanish like a fart in the proverbial wind.

We need men like Jefferson,Adams,King and the only way they can rise again is to end the progressive nightmare in our own backyards.
edit on 16-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

^^^
this..

and, did ANYONE else notice that he also advocated that President Obama was a good guy, and that he should tell the congress to go f**k off, and act alone? that's what's called a dictatorship...he just advocated america becoming a dictatorship, and you lot are saying he's a goddamn genius.....good god...

I think most, if not all, of us agree that Obama is not the answer and is just as much a part of the problem as the rest of them. That is the only thing in his rant I DO disagree with. With that being said, his solution is the only plausible one I see and the reason Obama needs impeached. Our bought Congress (as he correctly called it) needs a president that will separate him/herself from them and not be a puppet. Do you honestly think that we can make the necessary changes with this current Congress? I sure don't. I don't want a permanent dictatorship, but if we have to bite the bullet for a little bit with a president of the people until we get the changes we deserve in Congress then so be it. Ron Paul would have been great.

Also, at least he had a solution. It is easy to point out a problem and say "we need to fix this!" as you did above, but it is much more difficult to contemplate plausible solutions.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The presidents are also bought. That’s the problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Love this. Absolutely love this.

Will it amount to anything? Probably not.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm glad that this chap had the sand to go on TV and get the message out. But it's not going to happen. Can you seriously imagine a 'bought' president doing something about a 'bought' congress?

It's the same situation in the UK and probably every other country in the world. Our last 4 Prime Ministers were failed politicians who couldn't even win a seat. Incredibly, they were all moved to party safe seats and fast-tracked to party leadership. Was it because they became brilliant overnight or was it because they were bought?

Politics and politicians are rotten throughout. And until, WE THE PEOPLE, take this on board and care enough to do something about it, things won't change. But it'll only happen when it's too late; When we're all chipped, coded and living in poverty.

I'm glad that i have no children because it would be an unmerciful act to allow them to grow up in this screwed up world.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Scorchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Old video and has been posted before. Havent seen Ratigan do anything like this since.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
First time post; been reading for years!

wow that video was immense, even though not calm he got multiple points out clearly; not an easy thing to do, by any means at all.

I think we will see more and more of this in the coming months, where people who have the opportunity, tell it how it is. we need more of this attention on the fundamental problems.

All I can say is USA I feel real sorry for you guys, being run by corruption at its very best.

Times like this am so glad to live in the UK............. oh hold on...... damn

peace and love

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
THERES NO SOUND ON THE VIDEO! OMG! I'M GOING DEAF!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by losthighway

There is nowhere left to flee. Fleeing countries instead of fixing them when the government inevitably goes bat# crazy is really a huge part of how we got where we are at now in my opinion. Without that there would be no US or Canada as it is now, I am not sure if that is a good thing or not really. We can what if until we are blue in the face I suppose. But I digress though. Every government in the world is corrupt, some where just better at keeping a pretty facade to keep new blood coming in, and the born new blood to stick around. The internet age has changed all that, you cannot hide corruption anymore.

When you break a bone, you got two choices: You can bite the bullet, set the bone, which will hurt like hell at first, but it will heal correctly. Or you can ignore it, pretend it don't exist and eat painkillers like candy. That way it will never heal. Same kinda thing goes for any broken system I think, including governments. Question is, do we care enough about the future generations to bite that bullet now? Or do we pass the bullet on and hope our children are stronger than us?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I never in my life thought I would hear something like this come across MSM.

Bravo!

The man said exactly how most of us here on ATS think, feel, and have been reacting to the governmental situation.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Whenever I hear someone say that "we need to change the constitution" my first reaction is incredulity, followed by almost mind-numbing rage. About three seconds later, I begin my response, which in this case is to point out the fact that you are wrong. The founding fathers came from a time (as we do too) when the rich influenced other rich, and kept the poor downtrodden. George Washington warned against ALL political parties, because he knew corruption would occur. The country had just been through a war, they KNEW the nature of men.

There is NO need to change the Constitution, and any talk of doing so is not only ignorant, but self-destructive and treading a fine line between free speech and traitorous. The Constitution not only gives rules of conduct for the government, it gives us the means of replacing those politicians who abuse or twist the authority we place in their hands. It ALSO recognizes (not grants) our right to resist and FORCIBLY replace if necessary a government that has become oppressive, and in the case of our federal government, not just tyrannical but an organized murder machine waiting to happen. We have the power of the vote, we NEED to restore the teeth to it. no one else will do it for us, WE have to do it as individuals working together. Those "representatives" have proven that they are anything but.

I always find it a bit odd that whenever the officials of the government ignore the rules that have been placed upon them, there is always someone who makes the statement "We need to change the Constitution! the Founders COULDN'T have foreseen this!". If the people who make these statements had read The Federalist Papers (a book of articles and missives written BY the Founding Fathers to persuade the people to accept the new Government) They would know EXACTLY what the founders could foresee. Whenever a politician is taking money from a lobbyist to promote a special interest law, that is BRIBERY, not "business as usual on the beltway", It is a felony, and it should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Whenever a politician infringes upon or ignores one of the Rights recognized by the Constitution, it is TREASON, not "reasonable restrictions". What people fail to realize, and I do understand it a bit, since the current legal system IS so convoluted and complex, is that we do NOT need to change the Constitution. Rather, we need to ELIMINATE, STRIKE DOWN, AND REMOVE FROM THE BOOKS hundreds of thousands of laws that needlessly complicate the legal system, REMOVE the Latin base from the law, and institute a common-sense form of governing. Yes, I am talking about not just one, but a whole LEGAL SYSTEM full of honest men. YES IT CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED. And I am going to tell you how. It is necessary, and it WON'T be pretty. But what is worse, a wasting death from cancer or the bloody surgery to remove it?

Change the Constitution?! What BUSHWA. That is tatamount to blaming the victim for being raped. It is because we DIDN'T adhere to the Constitution that we are in this mess. Here we go:

Step 1: One by one, examine each law, from the city ordinance to federal law, Hold it up against the Constitution, and in PLAIN LANGUAGE AND COMMON SENSE decide if it adheres to what it means. No lawyer double speak, and decide if it benefits the citizenry or the people in office. If not, STRIKE IT FROM THE BOOKS IMMEDIATELY. That means the NEXT SECOND it no longer applies.

Step 2: Absolute and complete PUBLIC vetting of each politician that runs for ANY office. And by that I mean public polygraphs, public interviews by investigators. I don't care if it's the city dogcatcher. It was always told to us when we enlisted in the service that we were temporarily LOSING some of our Rights, due to our service. We were prohibited from public assembly in uniform, attending political rallies in uniform, we couldn't possess privately owned firearms in the barracks, we couldn't make statements against the government EVER. If it is ok for this to be asked of young Americans who volunteer for dangerous work like the military, then it should be MANDATORY for any elected official to be in the same position. Congress has set themselves up with extra rights, as a false royalty. THIS MUST CHANGE. MANDATORY 24/7 internet and television monitoring of every session, every room and every office BY THE PEOPLE. The NDAA was passed in the dark of night. The wrong people have the cameras on them all the time. If you want to take our money to work in congress, then when you are on the job(of course I am NOT advocating spying on their family, but if caught outside the proper areas of lawmaking trying to skirt the system, prison) you HAVE no privacy, because we have SEEN what politicians do when we aren't looking.

Step 3: ABOLISH the irs in it's current form and institute a 3% flat tax across the board on all purchases. The 16th Amendment was never properly ratified And no one seems to realize it only applies to CORPORATIONS, not individuals. There is NO LEGAL BASIS to force you as an individual to file income tax. The irs has become nothing more than a bully to terrorize the citizens and THAT MUST STOP!!

Step 4: ABOLISH the BATFE. The entire purpose of this organization is to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Rights of the people and has no legal reason for being. They investigate no crime that could not be handled by the individual state in which it occurs.

Step 5: ABOLISH THE TSA. This is an organization that does NOTHING but infringe upon the Rights and Dignity of people and has for all of that FAILED to catch a SINGLE "terrorist".

Step 6: Cease ALL Foreign aid and spending, except in cases of DIRE,IMMEDIATE need where human rights and dignity need assistance.

Step 7: ABOLISH THE FEDERAL RESERVE and return to the gold standard.

Step 8: CEASE ALL IMPORTATION OF FOREIGN OIL. The Bakken oil reserve in the Rocky Mountains has FIVE TIMES the amount of oil in Saudi Arabia, as well as significant reserves still in Texas, Alaska, and off the coast of Louisiana.

Step 9: MANDATORY Service of SOME kind fr at least TWO years. Not everyone is Military material, but people can clean up their streets, repair bridges, grow crops, SOMETHING. All of the people raised on "handouts" would benefit TREMENDOUSLY from this, Job skills and training come to mind.

Step 10: MANDATORY high school courses and testing on the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, the Declaration of Independence, with a mandatory passing grade to able to graduate. EVERYWHERE.

Step 11: ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE AND GO TO A ONE PERSON ONE VOTE SYSTEM. You CANNOT tell me in this age the system is not in place to be able to vote from your Device. If people KNEW their vote directly counted I GUARANTEE YOU THEY WOULD VOTE.

And lastly, but most important, Step 12: Present at least a basic knowledge of the position and honesty of the candidate before you are allowed to vote. I don't mean recite his life story, and I DO NOT MEAN deny them the right to vote, but TOO MANY people had NO IDEA about ANYTHING to do with the candidates during the last presidential election. If you are going to have a hand in picking the leader of the Free(?) World then I at least want you to know what the hell you are talking about!

If anyone has issues or ideas, let's hear 'em.

BOOM GOES THE HAMMA

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Subconsciously Correct

Daedalus

SubTruth

Really listen to what this man is saying...........He is wrong. The so called solution is not to be found in elected officials or some new banking scheme.

The solution is getting the progressive mindset out of our homes and families. Once we do this all the other pieces will fall into place. It really is that easy people. From the idealistic college student all the way to the retired grandparents we have to finally wake up.

When we rid ourselves of the progressive parasite the two party system will fall. Kids will be able to be kids again. The entitlement culture that has re-enslaved not only the blacks but everyone else will vanish like a fart in the proverbial wind.

We need men like Jefferson,Adams,King and the only way they can rise again is to end the progressive nightmare in our own backyards.
edit on 16-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

^^^
this..

and, did ANYONE else notice that he also advocated that President Obama was a good guy, and that he should tell the congress to go f**k off, and act alone? that's what's called a dictatorship...he just advocated america becoming a dictatorship, and you lot are saying he's a goddamn genius.....good god...

I think most, if not all, of us agree that Obama is not the answer and is just as much a part of the problem as the rest of them. That is the only thing in his rant I DO disagree with. With that being said, his solution is the only plausible one I see and the reason Obama needs impeached. Our bought Congress (as he correctly called it) needs a president that will separate him/herself from them and not be a puppet. Do you honestly think that we can make the necessary changes with this current Congress? I sure don't. I don't want a permanent dictatorship, but if we have to bite the bullet for a little bit with a president of the people until we get the changes we deserve in Congress then so be it. Ron Paul would have been great.

Also, at least he had a solution. It is easy to point out a problem and say "we need to fix this!" as you did above, but it is much more difficult to contemplate plausible solutions.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

i didn't say "we need to fix this"

i pointed out that he suggested we become a dictatorship, because the congress is bought.....the friggin' president is bought too, so there wouldn't be much of a difference....besides, well, that annoying little bit where we give more power to the executive branch, than it's EVER had in the entire history of the country, and ABSOLUTELY more power than it was ever intended to have...

it was a horrible idea...i just wanted to see if anyone else noticed him saying that, over the sound of themselves masturbating to this "mad genius"

and there is a very good solution.....stop spending money we don't have, on s**t we don't need.....

there is no good and valid reason for us to be spending so much on foreign aid..

no need to have military bases all over the place, as if it were some kind of sick parody of McDonalds franchising (would you like depleted uranium with that?)...we don't need to be spending oodles of money to spy on our own frigging people, we don't need to waste tons of money on pointless military conflicts that don't benefit us, and only make MORE people around the world cross with us....and then, to make themselves look LESS bloodthirsty, and aggressive to the people, they transfer people from our uniformed military services, and replace them with mercenaries, that we pay for....you wanna talk about waste, fraud, and abuse, look up "cost plus"..you'd s**t your pants, after reading about how much money we just piss away on that nonsense...

we don't need to be constantly propping up crooked businesses, that are constantly under threat of collapse under the weight of their own greed....

oh, and then there's the money that gets funneled into the black budget...it's our money, but we're not allowed to know wtf they're spending it on?...gimmie a goddamn break...

the federal government TAKES our money, and wastes it on crap...and then when they run out of our money, they use us as collateral for loans, so they can waste THAT money on even MORE crap....

it's sick...if all the waste, fraud, and abuse were to stop, we'd find ourselves in a much better place, financially..

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

About damn time too!! What is it going to take for people to realize the kind of government we have? It's time for a new American government. The only way America is going to climb out of this hole is for our elected politicians to stop acting like politicians and start working together to find a solution derived from logic not bull sh!$&. My ten year old nephew can resolve conflict faster then our government.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So.. Reading that this is a older vid.. Is he still working for the station?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You're correct on the semantics. Voted in in 08 became President in 09. Do you dispute the rest of the post? Obama had a chance for "Change" and instead gave us not only more of the same but a heavier dose. What started with Regan now is a machine that has altered the way politics is run - going back to the levels of corruption of the late 20's. Our financial sector is a predator that has legal standing to do what it has done not only to the US but also to the world. We have not just allowed it but clearly encourage it. I suggest reading "Predator Nation" by Charles H Ferguson.

CJ

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Subconsciously Correct
People all over the world are finally waking up. I remember when people in general society would label this kind of talk "crazy" a few years ago, but the truth can only be hid from the people for so long before it rises. This is on the MSM of all places. People have had enough...

edit on 15-10-2013 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

There waking up about fifty years and five weeks to late.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

angryhulk
Love this. Absolutely love this.

Will it amount to anything? Probably not.

It could, if it was in the consciousness of more people. I shared it on Facebook. That may not sound like much, but its short, little, bursts of ideas that contain some rationality, and passion, that sink in to people. It could be a shorter message, but its a talking point worth repeating to as many people as you can.

Share good ideas, suppress the useless ones, basically do the opposite of the MSM tendencies.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

/salute

Good to have you here.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I agree with you for the most part except for one thing - You want a direct democracy. The Founders knew what they were about when they created us as a Constitutional Republic. The Republican system of government protects us from the pitfalls of being a direct and pure democracy. Such Democracies always end up in becoming the tyranny of the majority which winds up being bad. Study the history of Athens if you want to see why.

I would also add that we need to strike the 17th Amendment that gave the election of our Senators to the people of the states rather than leaving the selection up to the separate state legislatures as it was originally set up. The US Congress is a bicameral body where the House of Representatives is designed to be the body directly representing the people, and the Senate is supposed to directly represent the interests of the states. Between the two, it was though that there would be a balance between bills that benefitted the people and the states to go to the President. Without the protection of the direct representation, the state governments have been saddled with increasing unfunded mandates by Washington like the Medicaid Expansion part of the ACA which would have been a disaster to their budgets had the SCOTUS not ruled in unconstitutional (the mandate becomes less and less funded by the Feds as the years pass). A side benefit of repealing the 17th would be a renewed interest in state governance.

IMO, the more local a government is, the better chance you have of making it more directly responsive to the people it purports to serve.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Excellent post!

A very small bit of input, and a bit off topic (in a way) but unlike the UK, the US still has a pretty good-ish manufacture industry, these are essential for any economy to survive long-term. I would suggest a nil tax rate for a duration of 5 years, for start-up firms solely producing US made goods. at the same time I would increase the rate of import tax; making existing firms on US soil think more about buying home-grown, instead of going to the asian hypermarket. obviously this plan is laden with intricacies, you get the idea though.

you have the land, the infrastructure, the work force, just not the assembly line

I truly believe this would actually make a difference to your economy

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Just chiming in...

WHY DEMOCRACIES FAIL

A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a Dictatorship.

(Written by Professor Alexander Fraser Tytler, nearly two centuries ago while our thirteen original states were still colonies of Great Britain. At the time he was writing of the decline and fall of the Athenian Republic over two thousand years before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join