It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats, Israel Lobby Threaten Iran Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The Obama administration is facing an unexpected hurdle in its new nuclear talks with Iran - a sizeable bloc of Democratic lawmakers who have made clear that they would break with the White House and fight any effort to lift the current sanctions on Tehran.

Full Article

I saw this today, along with another headline: Netanyahu makes a case for a preemptive strike

Is the shutdown/debt ceiling a distraction to possibly beat the war drums about Iran, again? I grant you its a stretch, but stranger things have happened. Daily, in fact, it seems lately.

Being snuck in during the shutdown intentionally or not, the fact remains that someone(s) doesn't like Iran. I find this particularly chilling in light of Iran's recent overtures to us, too. They offer an olive branch and this is the reaction from some in our government? :thumbsdown:

edit on 15-10-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes there is a lot of people in congress that would gladly spit on America and send our military to die for Israel. These people should be thrown out of office and told to move to Israel and fight for them if they want someone to die for Israel.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I agree 100%. Israeli-Palestinian...whatever, I honestly don't know enough to form an opinion on that...

But as far as Israel and Iran? They can fight their own wars, they sure as hell get enough in military aid from the US that I think they can manage on their own. I've fought in Iraq, and I really would rather see our involvement in the Middle East wind down now...not re-escalate.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with them.. Arabs are afraid of a nuclear Iran..

The Iranian belief that the Mahdi returning and is imminent, only after a nuclear war was just side lined?

After years of smack talk, wipe Israel off the map.. One guy try's the honey instead of vinegar approach and were all suppose to drop our guard, open the gates, hold hands and sing coom by ya?

I don't think so.. I still remember the Iranian hostage situation..

Israel is the only oasis in an insane violent region of the globe... I highly recommend we keep the one and only ally we can count on..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

I had felt the same way once...but then I noticed that, much like Climate Change always had an ice-free arctic in the next few years, Iran was always a couple years from getting a Nuke. To the best of my knowledge they still don't have one. If North Korea could manage, what's taken Iran so long? I'm not saying they're some paragon of all that's great and good. But I don't think that they're the arch-villains they've been portrayed as either.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

buster2010
Yes there is a lot of people in congress that would gladly spit on America and send our military to die for Israel. These people should be thrown out of office and told to move to Israel and fight for them if they want someone to die for Israel.

Yep. And I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts that they are the very ones who are Israeli citizens. Yep, you heard me. A sizeable portion of our congress have dual citizenship with Israel. So tell me-- whose interests do they really serve?

And not just congress. The entire federal government is plagued with this. (Google it. Prepare to be amazed.)

Now tell me... why is this allowed? It flies in the face of logic!
edit on 10/15/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I am not surprised at all.. Not being a bigot, but this was how it looked in Germany in the early 30's.. LOL

500k Jewish population was running media, and was all over German politics....

Next question is how many of them are Zionists?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I didn't google it, but I believe you...imagine a time in our past when people were afraid that JFK's loyalties may be with Rome rather than with the US. Now dual-citizenship in the Congress is ok?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

HooHaa

The Iranian belief that the Mahdi returning and is imminent, only after a nuclear war was just side lined?

After years of smack talk, wipe Israel off the map.. One guy try's the honey instead of vinegar approach and were all suppose to drop our guard, open the gates, hold hands and sing coom by ya?

I don't think so.. I still remember the Iranian hostage situation..

Israel is the only oasis in an insane violent region of the globe... I highly recommend we keep the one and only ally we can count on..

And I recommend we cut Israel and every other country we give aid to off from everything. No more money no more weapons. And why did the Iranian hostage situation take place? You just forgot about America overthrowing their government and installing a dictator?

Israel has never been an ally of America they only say they are our allies because of what America gives them. Cut that off and see just how much of an ally they are.

Israel is an oasis of racism and religious intolerance some oasis.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

new_here

buster2010

Yep. And I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts that they are the very ones who are Israeli citizens. Yep, you heard me. A sizeable portion of our congress have dual citizenship with Israel. So tell me-- whose interests do they really serve?

And not just congress. The entire federal government is plagued with this. (Google it. Prepare to be amazed.)

Now tell me... why is this allowed? It flies in the face of logic!
edit on 10/15/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

And dual citizens of Israel get privileges here in the states that other citizens don't get. They can vote in Israel and serve in the Israeli military and NOT lose their American citizenship if any other dual citizen were to go to their home countries and do these things their American citizenship is null and void. This is nothing but discrimination against other dual citizens in America. This should be changed to the law is equal for everyone all of them should lose their citizenship or none of them should.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

HooHaa

man these are rumors. I have even heard that Israel is after such actions to begin it's Armageddon !

top topics

join