Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Watch just how easy it is to get your name ERASED from history....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
blogs.dallasobserver.com...

During his four years as an undergrad at UT-Dallas, Ross Ulbricht earned a handful of mentions on the school's website. His name appeared on a list of students at the NanoTech Institute, on a 2004 press release about students competing in an academic tournament, on a handful of research papers he co-authored while working in professor John Ferraris' physics lab.

Since last week, when federal authorities arrested the 29-year old for allegedly masterminding the online drug bazaar Silk Road, that's all disappeared. Google can still find traces of him on UTD's website, but the links are either dead or they lead to pages, like the list of NanoTech students, from which Ulbricht's name has been purged.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Sadist's viewpoint...

Ross Ulbricht did something "wrong" according to our US Gov't. But look at how quickly this pathetic and easy brow beaten university is simply *erasing* his existence from the memory of history.

I recently posted a thread on information available to the general public about the Nazi regime, after losing WWII. How many people think the victors actually took time to make sure a fair picture was painted, or is it more likely that a rosey picture was painted of the victors?

I've got news for you, it was the Victors who got the rosey review.

I'm posting this to show you how history can be modified, erased, and forgotten. In my opinion, it's sad that an organization such as a University would either be ashamed of mentioning his name or brow beaten by the US Gov't into doing such a thing voluntarily. Obviously there was a reason for Ulbricht to be mentioned previously. He has since done something wrong. Is this *Really* the right way to handle the situation?

How often does this happen elsewhere? Something tells me, if TPTB don't like you, you are vanished from the records of History, just like this. And if you think back, this is also the same kind of treatment Robert Lazar of Area 51 fame claimed happened to him.

Just food for thought....

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
History is always written by the winners.

Bob Lazar knew what was happening, thats why he went public.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Maybe one day there will be a news site that works like bitcoin transactions. Where a blueprint of articles are forever stamped somewhere for all to find.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
so orwell's 1984 may have been written as fictional at the time he wrote it, fair to say that it can be concluded that it is no longer fictional right down the telescreens (I mean smart TV's)...and as the above poster mentioned history is written by the winners...and since most children these days are being educated through government education...(cough cough, indoctrination)....shouldn't be long until they have us right where they want us.....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just a wise business move by the University.

Why would you want people to know that some criminal was honored at your school? It may have a negative effect on future students or their parents or it may not but as a business you try and limit your risks while maximizing your rewards wherever you can.

There is nothing to gain and more to lose by keeping your association with a criminal in the public view.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

He is bad publicity...I would erase his name from all public representation as well if I were in charge.

You don't want to really advertise that a huge criminal went to your school.

I honestly see nothing wrong with this at all...it's not like he is entitled to have his name appear on their website.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Interesting Sadist and you are correct. What he allegedly did has no bearing on his previous accomplishments. You are innocent until proven guilty in this Country. A fact way too often overlooked by media and the general population. I will add the University of Florida did the same thing recently with the Aaron Hernandez situation. What ever your personal opinions are these people are guareenteed in the Constitution a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty by a jury of thier peers. As someone else points out the winner always writes History.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Excellent post OP!!

Something big is happening in Nano tech!!

GI Joe Cartoon predicted all this...

Past is repeating itself...
edit on 15-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You have been erased...and you thought it was only a movie.

Sad to say, this type of activity have been going on since time immortal. If the TPTB want you literally wiped from history it will be done. Then in less than a year, no one save family will remember your name and even that will vanish in time.

Once the markers have been removed/purged from the records you will cease to exist or have ever existed. A similar action was done when the courts declared a man dead yet he was still alive and the court refused to reverse the declaration even though he stood before the court in person. Now consider either person being able to get employment, travel, housing or the basics...good luck.

History is only what the TPTB say it is, any questions citizen?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I feel bad for the kid!

Who knew an interest in something so small can be so dangerous..

I guess the Germans that were interested in the atom figured that out...

How long before ATS commentators disappear for commenting about "disappeared" things??

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes, and that is why Bob Lazar was erased from University records.

Anyone who doesn't believe the CIA/NSA is in control of this government has their eyes closed and mind shut.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

DimensionalDetective, maybe?

There are whispers of members being run off. I have been "hinted" that leaving a subject alone would be best, personally.

Its not like I am some serious sleuth...but there are others who are. The top positions on ATS in years gone by have been players who didn't stay there long. For whatever reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
in my six years on the internet i have seen this happen to information bang it is gone the big 404 but my memory is good enough to remember it .

this bloke is lucky whole civilizations have been made to vanish it is a lot easier for him they just have to hit the delete button the smithsonian will not have to hire barges and go offshore to dump this guy

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Just a wise business move by the University.

Why would you want people to know that some criminal was honored at your school? It may have a negative effect on future students or their parents or it may not but as a business you try and limit your risks while maximizing your rewards wherever you can.

There is nothing to gain and more to lose by keeping your association with a criminal in the public view.

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong. Oh, did I mention that I think you're wrong???

Why you ask....Really??? Why????

Maybe because it's the TRUTH and is what Really Happened.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The Soviets were masters of this kind of move. I have a book called "The Commissar Vanishes" and it is a pictorial version of how the Soviets deleted those out of favor. Some photos start with several men and end up with just one after all the deletions. They were photoshopping/cropping way before it was cool. Unfortunately, their deletions weren't just limited to the pictures and history books. Most were eliminated for real.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think it's pre-mature if the guy hasn't been convicted yet and it looks like his last hearing not a trial was on Oct 9th.

What if he's innocent? I wonder in that case if he'd have a case against the school for helping to ruin his reputation.

According to the Silk Road Wikipedia article ( en.wikipedia.org...) the site was up for 2 years before it was taken down. WHY?

The government knew about the site almost from day one I can assure you. I wonder how many of those thousands of Silk Road members the government is trying to catch. They must have lots of data on the transactions.

The formerly sealed complaint revealed by the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, says that, "From February 6, 2011 to July 23, 2013 there were approximately 1,229,465 transactions completed on the site. Revenue figures cited in the complaint approximated the value of the transactions over this period are equivalent to "roughly $1.2 billion (USD) in revenue and $79.8 million (USD) in commissions."
edit on 16-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
I think it's pre-mature if the guy hasn't been convicted yet and it looks like his last hearing not a trial was on Oct 9th.

What if he's innocent? I wonder in that case if he'd have a case against the school for helping to ruin his reputation.

According to the Silk Road Wikipedia article ( en.wikipedia.org...) the site was up for 2 years before it was taken down. WHY?

The government knew about the site almost from day one I can assure you. I wonder how many of those thousands of Silk Road members the government is trying to catch. They must have lots of data on the transactions.

The formerly sealed complaint revealed by the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, says that, "From February 6, 2011 to July 23, 2013 there were approximately 1,229,465 transactions completed on the site. Revenue figures cited in the complaint approximated the value of the transactions over this period are equivalent to "roughly $1.2 billion (USD) in revenue and $79.8 million (USD) in commissions."
edit on 16-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Maybe it was taken down because it was taking too much revenue away from the government's own drug dealing

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

liveandlearn
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes, and that is why Bob Lazar was erased from University records.

Anyone who doesn't believe the CIA/NSA is in control of this government has their eyes closed and mind shut.

I remember Bob producing a phone book, a base phone directory that he had in his personal possession. Bob showed it on 60minitues, for inspection. The directory had his name and number in it. When checked naturally the directories on base didn't have his name.

The only conclusions are obvious.

As expected Bob was accused of making a forgery. But this could have been very easy checked out by a number of methods involving the printer, an inspection of the book itself ect, ect, ect.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

OrphanApology

Maybe one day there will be a news site that works like bitcoin transactions. Where a blueprint of articles are forever stamped somewhere for all to find.

They've been taking these down or changing them so they don't work anymore

Anyways, if this man was arrested his pages would disappear as part of an investigation or done by his defence. Universities don't want to be affiliated with him.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Well that's why I said like bitcoin transactions. Government cannot take those down as there is no central hub anywhere in the world to take down.

Deleting someone's existence out of articles is historical manipulation. This university should be ashamed of themselves. Regardless of whether he was convicted or not, deleting someone's name from participation in events etc. is scholarly fraud.

Shameful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join