It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probably a coincidence and nothing significant but...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hey for all of you ESP, clairvoyant mind reading
people on this thread: I have a joke for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Yeah I agree...everything is linked if you look for a link..that's absolutely true and there is no mystery there..as you state....but sometimes the link is more than a link...I know I was fishing somewhat with the wiki page...but it was an experiment...If someone here said "wow I just read that same page today" that would be the kind of more substantial link I was looking for.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Hahahahahaha.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Well not necessarily bro, I mean there are a lot of people in this world, a lot of ATS members. For two members to stumble across a similar or exact article on the same day would not be like the odds of say...winning the lottery.

I get what you're saying. I personally don't think we will ever have an y concrete answers. As far as technology has brought us and as far as our intelligence gathering will increase in the coming years, I think there will forever remain some mysteries in this world that we will ponder until our dying days.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

TheBlackHat
OK...Ive just tried the Wikipedia idea.
But to make sure it was a random wikipedia page...I typed in wikipedia in the search engine...then i ran my hand across the keyboard..so that google would choose the closest Wikipedia entry to my gobbledygook...

And the webpage is...Thuggee

en.wikipedia.org...

Does that mean anything to anoyne?
edit on 15-10-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

Only thing i can think of ATM to do with 'Thugee' is a thread i read a couple of days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I like the idea, but who knows. Am I crazy for wondering similar things? Well, if somebody can believe the bible then, far as I'm concerned, I have a right to believe what I want, so long as it's not violent or otherwise harmful to others.

I've sometimes wondered if the "patterns" that occur at different scales in nature are in fact indications that things in the universe are conserved (repeated)? It'd be like if the number #193939920020 was used in separate pieces of code to produce different phenomena, yet because they both use the same number they're inherently linked. Or maybe our universe "predicts" and manifests its expectations, kind of like how our brain predicts and filters to save energy - oftentimes being right.

See here:
phys.org - Remembering the future: Our brain saves energy by predicting what it will see...

Dr Muckli said: “The brain expects to see things and really just wants confirm it now and again - it’s almost like remembering the future.

“It might explain why sometimes you don’t notice something different in a familiar environment because your brain is seeing what it expects to see, rather than what is actually there.

edit on 16-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I had something really freaky happen to me last year-i was busy writing,mailing a dear American friend of mine-when I got a vision of him as a boy in the kitchen of is childhood home.Naturally I included this to the message I was writing-well he was gobsmacked-i saw it exactly as it was,the color of the walls,the quality of the light in that room,I saw him as a lil blond kiddy,and he then told me that was indeed blonde as a small kid-he was floored buy the accuracy of this "flash"-vision I had.It seems to come in stages for me,there will be times when telepathy is off the charts,like I have a mind link with some people at that time,and my soulmate friend and I are so bonded we often feel each other's physical pain,nausea+especially emotions.Idk if this is quite in the same vein as the thread premise,just thought it worth mentioning.

Here's another thing I find strange+a bit creepy-since childhood I have had in my head the name of:a small town in my country,a suburb of one of our main cities,and in my mind too,was a small hamlet in the mountains in the region where we live-these names of places were stuckn my head growing up on the other side of the country,in Cape Town.

Well we Did end up living in the Suburb whose name was stuck in my head,after that,we moved more than 300 clix to the Town whose name was stuck in my head since childhood-and I ended up making a good friend in the Hamlet that was stuck in my head for so many years,visiting there often.
I sometimes wonder about that:-)

Like I said these periods of high synchronicity is sometimes much more pronounced than usual+the psychic abilities also go up a few notches at such times.Oh and a few days ago I was sitting by my pc,about to go go on some site,when I got a very clear message in my mind:"Its REALLY time to mail K for a change,just now she thinks I have forgotten about her(a very dear Russian friend) but I thought,I will do so later in the day.We have a bond and friendship that does not require daily chatting,same as with my soulmate friend from town.Well an hour later,I got an email on my BB-my Russian friend,whose ecaxt words were:"I was hoping you had not forgotten me"

I had a telepathic "link" with a relative on one occasion,earlier this year,where I actually saw in my mind what they were seeing in their mind right at that time-confirmed by them.

I do know what you mean about synchronicities,though,like I said,sometimes there's stages when it's uncanny and surreal-i often ponder on the nature of reality,and all the strangenesses in life.
I am not always sure what is synchron and what is telepathy,though?lile for instance once I was in bed reading about a rather obscure subject-the moment I exited the site I was reading,my son came to me,with a lil arts+crafts thingy he made,said he wanted to make it for me to make me happy,awww:-)
It was a little arts+craft creation that depicted the EXACT obscure subject matter I was reading about while he was making it,on the other side of the house.Synchron or telepathy,I wonder?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I need to inject some new life into this thread. So I was thinking about a way to test the matrix theory. So Ill explain this other phenomena that ive noticed over the years first...and it's just made me realize it may be a way to help prove the existance of the matrix...or atleast be a tool to help prove it.
Ok, now have you ever traveled to a new place and noticed strange things happen, usually within the first few hours? but after the first day there, everything returns to normal..well I have. When I say strange things I mean things that never usually happen, nothing crazy, just things that dont normally happen to you under normal circumstanse. For instance, lets say a beautiful starnger just strikes up a conversation with you out of the blue..well beautiful women never usually approach me normally haha..but I have noticed when they do, it almost always coincides with me being in a different envoiroment. And not just that but within the first few hours in this new enviroment..and whats more unusual things happen me even more often when I take trip to a new place unexpectedly..I actually have a name for this phenomina because ive noticed it happen on such a frequent basis when i go somewhere ive not been before that I call it the magik window.
So if anyone is up for testing this for themselves...take a bus, train plain or car and go somewhere, atleast several miles away from where you normally go...go into a cafe, resteraunt, museum or wherever you like and I can almost guarantee, within the first 2-3 hours you will start noticing things that never normally happen to you.
My theory is that, our lives are acting out programs, and once we interrupt the program by doing something unexpected, something as simple as traveling unexpectedly, for no apparent reason..it throws the system off for a shoirt time, usually just a few hours.
This isnt a joke..seriously, if anyone wants to try this, you can post the results, and honestly compare them with your normal everyday life experiences.

edit on 16-10-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Everything is connected because everything is pure energy. You can see a boundary, a defined horizon where your body clearly becomes separated from the environment around you, but this is merely an illusion due to the perception hard-wired to your physical body and it can be difficult to break through this sort of, built-in fire-wall.

Varying frequencies of energies combined create resonance, which in turn results in an exchange of information and thus, allows for the possibility of phenomena such as synchronicity and telepathy.

Nothing is a coincidence in this sense, it is simply two energetic vibrations resonating.

I am inclined to believe that with all of this exchange of energy and information, that a computer, perhaps a matrix-like program is a possible allegory to this reality.

And speaking of synchronicity, I was just a couple of days ago speaking on another thread about how the film, "The Matrix" was in fact a metaphor for our reality.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well if your consciously choosing to go to a new place then you might be consciously choosing to being more "open" to new things. Aka talking to the hot girl in the same establishment? Na mean?

But I get. I think it has something to do with when you are in a new surrounding you feel a bit liberated. A bit more free. Open to new possibilities and whatever may arise. You seek out this new things because you are in a new environment, sort of where your slate is wiped clean and you can BE anybody you want. Instead of just who you are in your daily routine.

? Just throwing that out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

unknown known
reply to post by 1Providence1

Can you be just a LITTTTTTLE more vague? I think you would like to come across as having something significant to add to this thread but in reality....you just use terms like "tread lightly" and "something" wont take kindly to the OP thinking in these terms of reality.

My suggestion to you, is don't believe everything you see on TV fella.

Oh, and GREAT THREAD!

I appreciate your rhetoric and style...

You would do well to listen and seek to understand, rather than callously degrade me due to what I had to say.

I have countless stories riddled here on ATS. Some are harder to find than others, but some may find them.

Countless experiences relating to the topics of this discussion. Some very intense or profound experiences of "glitches" if you will. Synchronicity, coincidence, whatever you like to call them.

*I don't watch television.

To conclude and clarify, I meant that not all is gravy and sunshine when it comes to the deeper parts of these perceptions/experiences/knowledge. I was just saying to be careful...

edit on 17-10-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Yes there is an element of that..of being in a different ..more of open frame of mind when you go somewhere new...and you might exude some kind of short lived confidence about yourself, or something like that which may well attract people to you..That is certainly something I considered and may well be part of it...but it doesnt cover someting like luck.
For instance..this has happened a few times in my life. I've encountered a slot machine due to being on a ferry or in an airport..so its not as if Ive gone out of my way to go to a casion or anything like that..Its a case of where I simply happened by a slot machine, unexpectedly. And anytime this has happened and ive played the slot, I win. First time everytime..not the second or third time though..and if I went to a casion I can bet id not win a dime...and the reason i find this significant is beacsue there is a term "beginners luck", and im pretty sure its got its roots from being lucky first time.
It's just a theory though.
Basically the concept is..you find yourself in an enviroment you wouldnt normally be in, most likley your there by accident..maybe you took a wrong turn on the road. So your in a place you didnt expect to be. This is the real crux of what im talking about.
If you willfully choose to go somewhere for whatever reason, its a consious choice. So if there is a matrix the fact your mind made that choice simply means the matrix made the choice first. Your just carrying out the programme by proxy without realizing it. Without realizing you have no actual free will or atleast a very, very weak free will...Or your free will has been hijacked and taken over without you even realizing it, form early on in life..perhaps due to being indoctrinated by an education system or a belief system imposed on your mind at an early age....
This is why that study on the brain making choices before the consious mind believes it made the same choice counts. It's a bit like how our eyes are also wired. The retina actually sees images upside down, and those images are then converted right side up by the brain. So what we actually experience as sight is actually a reconstruction..believe it or not, an instantanious one, but still.
Also how pain is felt..or any sensation, its all created in the brain and not at the sight the contact.
So when you get down to it, the brain is already simulating reality, in a practical sense.
So if we think about our minds making choices, it may well be a complete illusion and that the choices are predecided by another mechanism in the brain or quite possibly outside of the brain.
Zen Buddhism somewhat looks at this angle. Where a zen master would know in an instant an answer to a problem, because he doesnt "think" about the answer, or the problem. In short thinking may well delay the actual cognative process. But that begs the question: where do the answers come from if not the mind.
Zen would state that there is no barrier between casue and effect except for the human mind, which acts as an unessery filter and blockage, to the correct way of being, in tune with nature..or possibly the matrix. yet it's also zen that tackles this very concept, of life not being real, and of our human experience being something of an illusion or delusion brought on by the mind.
Get rid of the thinking mind and ego and be free of the dilusion, so to speak..but even zen masters still live in the same physical world as the rest of us. But supposedly Buddha was able to come and go as he pleased.

edit on 17-10-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

This is also part of it...people needling eachother, either delibretly or by accident causing offence or irritation..but of course to allow your mind to be offended by pettiness, is the other side of the same coin..as again thats an internal response which you can choose to subdue or regect altogeather..I certainly include myself in this bracket of human behaviour and am not above it, unfortunatley chucking the odd barb here and there and getting stung by ones thrown my way also...probably because I am not a zen master...yet...haha..
But the point is, this activity of flaming eachother is really done to promote an internal feeling of acomplishment in the victor of the argument. It's obviously a short lived and ridicuolously pointless form of acomplishment..but people cant quit donig it, at the expense of eachothers ego's. And as i said and admit, im not above this petty behaviour either...I mean, i see a news story today online about some girls who boasted about bullying another girl into comitting suicide...all for what? To them it makes perfect sense, it made her feel like cr4p and them feel a sense of power...insane? No, just typically human behaviour..Stanford prison experiment anyone....
But all this ego driven nonsense and nastyness is all straight from the consious mind...the thinking mind..but it doesnt come from whatever spawns instinct or instantanious solutions or instantanious reactions.
And obviously the thinking mind can cause more harm than good in many respects...maybe even in most cases.
Anyhow this is a bit off tipic but its just to point out how we can get sidetracked really easily in life and end up in needless battles. All of this certainly adds to the delusion that our ego is who we really are, when infact it isnt...something much deeper is going on...Certainly the thinking mind is obscuring whatever it is.

I think it was Einstein that stated humanbeings "percieve" time as a linear thing, where as it isnt, everything that every happend or will happen is occuring right now, we just cant experience it that way. Which means human consiousness is like the needle on a record, wheras the record is one thing past and future on one disk, but the mind can only be present at one fixed place, moving along in a linear motion.
I have been thinking about how would one, remove a needle from a record and place it elsewhere on the time line.. it came to me last night, that if the mind is the tip of the needle and our perception of time, is conciousness coming in contact with time, then to lift consiousness of the record would be to lift consiousess out of time. The only way to do that would either die, not be born, or and this is the interesting possiblity, somehow disconnect through meditation and then reconnect at another point. but ive yet to hear of someone travelling to another point in time through meditation but im open to the possibility.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
...though you could argue its been done through remote viewing...but thats a contentious subject...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I like your take on this subject, though I feel we will not get any answers. It is fun to speculate though.

I always have found the Zen/Taoist stuff, like not letting things bother you, very interesting. It's hard living in the world today to just let the petty things go. We shouldn't be so reactionary to things that really mean nothing, but like you said, it is being human. It is part of who we are. We want to correct people and persuade people to our line of thinking.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The closest thing I can get to what you are talking about, is I will be thinking of a movie, not recent. Like a 90's movie, or just something that didnt get the box office smash thing.

Then a few days later, its on tv, and this has happened A LOT. I dont think its anything, but just weird.

As if things have a cycle to them? Like history does, that sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join