It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of "Place Hackers"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I ran across this article today because of the pictures....and then my mind started to wonder.......

Place Hacker article
Forth Rail Bridge, Scotland

Chicago River Bridge

(many more breathtaking pictures can be found at the above link)

At first I was just looking at the beautiful pictures that they had taken. Then it occurred to me that if they are able to sneak and run around "unchecked" then wouldn't it be just as easy for someone will ill intent? Don't get me wrong, you can read my past post and see that I fear all of the freedoms that we are losing daily; but shouldn't there be limits? And looking through the pictures some of these places should not be so easily accessed. Anyway just thought that I would share the story and pictures and see what others thought.
edit on 10/15/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This looks like fun, I love testing my climbing talents and I'm going to have to try this out sometime.
It's like a giant jungle gym, but for grown-ups. Beautiful pics as well, I wouldn't be too worried about the security aspect of things. I mean, a 9 year old can get through airport security and fly to another state unnoticed after all.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Martin75
... but shouldn't there be limits? And looking through the pictures some of these places should not be so easily ... accessed.

I can see why you are concerned, especially in that you choose two bridge pictures. I 'presume' if the persons were observed carrying crates or backpacks, they would have been stopped for questioning. Do we know for sure that these persons did not have a pre-approval arrangement for their photo-shoot? Hollywood usually has to pay fees to use locations they don't own.

Do we cringe everytime a person enters a highrise building or an airplane?

Do we search all participants and spectators at Marathons?

Do we stand guard at every Elementary School?

Do we search all movie and cinema-goers?

How about the shopping malls?

Answer, no we don't.

Why?

My answer, if we did, the terrorists would win.

Fear nothing but Fear itself.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There is a jackass syndrome in progress which follows when kids and teens are doing the same and sharing 'cool' pictures in internet. Taking photos in train tracks and close situations is allready happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I hope that what you say is true and these places ARE being watched securely.

As for the security at marathons, yes if it is a larger marathon, we can be searched.

*This was on a base so the extremes) I don't run but my husband has completed 17 marathons, 1 50K, and hundreds of 1/2 marathons. He once ran the Air Force Marathon at the Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio. When we came in each car was met by a bomb sniffing dog and randomly checked by mirrors. However, everything was handled so efficiently that was one of the BEST he has ever done. Family and friends have the museum to wonder hours..I almost missed my husband finishing because I lost track of time.

Most are relaxed but cautious. Nashville's being the worst. They heard you into the parking lot of the football stadium but then they gate the stadium itself off. Its nothing but heat and metal barricades.

He is doing the Goofy Challenge in Orlando in January so I will let you know how that one goes. I have heard since they "deal with people" every day it is one of the best organized and secure that there is.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Wow, that would be one heck of a fall really cool pics !

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
its pretty cool wish they would place hack area 51 and take a pic with a ufo

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I live across the street from railroad tracks on which ungodly amounts of military equipment are shipped from two different army bases to a major port from where it is shipped to wherever it is needed. Rest assured that regularly these tracks and bridges are monitored with people physically walking the tracks and checking for anything that is out of place- I watch them do it. I live in an area that is a cross between suburban and rural so if they are that meticulous in my area I can only imagine that there would have to be much more intense monitoring in more highly populated areas.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

i used to get paid for working in places like that i guess i still hold on to the ten year old inside i still get the urge to go climbing now and again .

top topics

join