It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cooincidence - uncanny even.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
About two weeks ago I drove through an intersection in my classic car, and saw a Google camera car stopped at the red light to my right. I thought, "Cool, maybe I'll be on Google street view in my classic car." It was just a passing thought, and of course never really thought about it again.

So about a week ago, I am scoping a map on Google, for a trip I am planning. As I dragged the route around on the map, the thought came back to me. I found the intersection from a few weeks earlier, and clicked on the yellow man icon to drag him to street view.

When the street view photo loaded, it was a picture of me! However, here is where it's a bit strange. It was me driving my regular car, not the car I was driving when I passed the Google car.

I know this sounds like a simple explanation. But think about the odds. Same intersection, different car, happened to click on that exact spot with street view. I didn't have to pan around to find me, the picture simply loaded on the first click.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Google blurs faces ... and license plates, anything definitive, as well.

't wasn't you nor you 'car'.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

It absolutely was me and my car. Not even questionable.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

can u post location? please?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I feel like I would give up my privacy by posting a pic of me in my car at that location. I do carry a Google phone...I don't know if this plays a role or if it's pure coincidence.

There is a spooky back story to all of this that involves a deceased friend of mine. Detailed in a post about a year and a half ago.

The route I was planning, was a route for a bi-annual event that he was working on, but never finished, when he died.

I just hate to think he put me up to all this from wherever he is now. Spooky.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-10-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

zayonara
About two weeks ago I drove through an intersection

So about a week ago, I am scoping a map on Google...

Does google really get the images, process them, and then upload them to the live mapping system all in the space of a week?
If not, there's a simpler explanation. That at some point earlier in time, you drove through that same intersection in your ordinary car, got photographed by the google camera car but didnt notice it.

Edit - according to a few other people who's asked the same question, it may take 6 months to a year before your classic car photo will be on streetview.
link1
link2

edit on 15-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You are probably 100% right. But driving past a Google car in that spot, albeit, from a different angle, prompted me to look at that intersection on the Google street view...and there I was, but in a different time, different car, exact spot.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Greetings,

Google have been know to re-run a route more than once, three or more times in fact>

At least here in the UK anyway, as I have seen it happening.

Worth ruling in I think

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Yes, it's not so amazing that I ended up on Google street view.

What boggles my mind is the circumstance that led me to find myself, without looking for myself, perse.

Think of the odds, when you fully understand the situation.

It's almost like you were throwing a ball that hit a box of darts, and one dart fell onto a spinning globe, and hit your own home on the map.
edit on 16-10-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

top topics

join