It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is about to be hit by a powerful typhoon, Could it serve as a giant nuclear radiation blen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have just seen reports that an impending powerful typhoon is possibly on a direct path with the failed, and volatile reactors within the plants. This is just the cherry on top of the already horrible global disaster. This is the final deathblow to Japan, unfortunately. This has the potential to be a horrifically bad global day for EVERYONE ON EARTH. If there ever were a time we need a miracle, this would be it, but then again, that would distort the balancing act of action, reaction here on earth.

rt.com...

this is a nightmares, nightmare. You can't see, hear, taste, touch, or smell radiation, just the symptoms. Now its spreading, and with the help of this typhoon, it's going to be unleashed like never before. This could start a chain reaction of nuclear proportions that, when considered, are truly scary. Pray for us all.
edit on 15-10-2013 by mactheaxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

I pray for everyone in the Northern Hemisphere....because they're the ones who are going to feel the worst of it.

We, in the Southern Hemisphere, are safe from the airborne radiation but not from the contaminated seafood.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Actually the TTAPS studies on nuclear winter showed that radiation won't conveniently stay in the hemisphere it is released in, and over a few years it percolates across the whole globe. So being in the south won't help I'm afraid to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Don't worry
It will blow over

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Hmmm. You got a link for those studies....would love to have a read.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The concentration by the time it gets to the southern hemisphere will very much diminished, it all depends on how much is released as to whether that makes a difference.

Interestingly I wonder if this has any link to the TPP agreement, note the map.

Of course both events affect the Pacific so the map is going to be similar but, what will make the Japanese abandon their highly protectionist trading system?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Just an article about this typhoon ......

there is also a suggestion of large waves, flooding the site would be bad.....!

PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

LightAssassin

Hmmm. You got a link for those studies....would love to have a read.

Surely, this is a great book, it's really about the history of the research into Nuclear Winter and the effects of any nuclear exchange, but it looks into the global effects of fallout and how weather systems transport stuff around the world:

A Path Where No Man Thought by Carl Sagan and Richard Turco.

I'd offer to lend you my copy but it's the size of a doorstop, and would almost certainly cost more to post than just buy.

new topics

top topics

join