It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For your consideration:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

15 signs your political beliefs are irrational

www.newsday.com...

Rubin: 15 signs your political beliefs are irrational
October 14, 2013 by JENNIFER RUBIN, The Washington Post

There has been, to put it mildly, some mass self-delusion going on in right-wing circles. Here's how to tell if you are suffering from the ill-effects of the echo chamber:

1. You think Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, nailed it when he told the Values Voter Summit that the Democrats are "feeling the heat" in the shutdown fight.

2. You think the problem is that Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli isn't conservative enough.

I've the day off - what can I do?
edit on 15-10-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Oct 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added, quotes snipped

edit on Tue Oct 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Sounds like some good advice if you ask me. F&S for the OP!

Although, I think they may have missed one that I read in a post here on ATS this morning.

16.) If you think the GOP is going to take back the White House in a landslide win come November 2016.

I about choked on my coffee when I read it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Another list of partisan rhetoric. Great. Do you really believe all the spin in that list?

Here's another sign of irrationality you may have missed:

You think that Americans are in favor of Obamacare when only 41% of the population approve of it.

Less than two months before the health insurance exchanges open nationwide, more Americans disapprove (49%) than approve (41%) of the Affordable Care Act.

edit on 10/15/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: correction!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Another list of partisan rhetoric. Great. Do you really believe all the spin in that list?

Here's another sign of irrationality you may have missed:

You think that Americans are in favor of Obamacare when only 41% of the population approve of it.

Less than two months before the health insurance exchanges open nationwide, more Americans disapprove (49%) than approve (41%) of the Affordable Care Act.

Now. let's ask the "real" question, shall we; "How many approve of the TP/GOP strategy on ObamaCare?"

www.forbes.com...

Polls consistently show that Americans aren’t happy with Obamacare. They think the law will make health care more expensive, and decrease its quality. But a new survey of 1,976 registered voters finds that only 33 percent believe that the health law should be repealed, delayed, or defunded. 29 percent believe that “Congress should make changes to improve the law,” 26 percent believe that “Congress should let the law take effect” and see what happens, and 12 percent believe that the law should be expanded. The bottom line? Voters are skeptical that Obamacare will live up to Democrats’ hype. But they also believe that it should be given a chance to succeed.

Just because many of us don't "approve" of ObamaCare as written, doesn't mean that we want it repealed, de-funded and/or delayed. Much less, to shut down the government and force the nation into default over not getting one of those three options.

We want it fixed! Not repealed.

We want a "single-payer" not-for-profit option! Not de-funded.

We've wanted these things since the beginning, so needless to say; We don't want it delayed.

You're placing way too much weight on the word "approve." I sometimes don't approve of my children's behavior but I don't want them eliminated because of it, I want their behavior corrected.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Flatfish

We want it fixed! Not repealed.

We want a "single-payer" not-for-profit option! Not de-funded.

We've wanted these things since the beginning, so needless to say; We don't want it delayed.

You're placing way too much weight on the word "approve." I sometimes don't approve of my children's behavior but I don't want them eliminated because of it, I want their behavior corrected.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

Yeppers - Medicare for all - it's about time.

top topics

join