Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Government Shut Down the Concord River

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Most Americans should be familiar with the Concord River. This is where the American Revolution began on April 19th 1775. The river is central to our history and inspired great thinkers such as Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Bronson Alcott and Louisa-May Alcott.

You know, *that* river.

Driving home from work today and I came upon these cones and orange tape "blocking" the launch by the bridge.

Apparently there will be no trespassing on the King's land (and rivers) for some time. Tick another off the list. Rivers? Bah!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

That sign certainly looks official....lol.

I think someone is playing games there. With all the money saved from the shutdown, they could afford a better sign.

edit on 10/15/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)
edit on 10/15/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess that bill is looking really promising like MSM has been saying. ~eye-roll~ If they are so convinced that they aren't going to default, why are they closing down more parks?

Here's my guestimate:

They closed down all the parks first, because they knew those would be the first places people were going to try to run to?

I don't know, I'm not a doctor, just speculation. The real question is, who has what to gain by a default of the USD? My understanding is that it will hurt the entire planet economically. You can't say it is all the fat-cats in the government, because if they default what good is their millions?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Lol! That made me laugh. ( even though it's not really funny...I still laughed) . Now their closing rivers!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How stupid are these people?

Sorry, but the first thing I would do? Go get my pretty pink Kayak, paint some anti government symbol on it, and head on down the river.

Who's going to come after you?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Meldionne1
Lol! That made me laugh. ( even though it's not really funny...I still laughed) . Now their closing rivers!

Yup, pretty soon they'll shut off the currents in those rivers and evict the fish.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I know the river well...almost bought a home along it many many years ago.
There must be a lot of vets using that bridge...Obama hates vets.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Let the Default roll out. Let's just get it over with now; then later. We're all going to feel the pinch of the monetary system one day in our lifetime. Lets just have it in ours, rather then our children's.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Good point! ...I wonder if the fish know ? ..has anyone told the fish? ...I guess this means they are trespassing.....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Déjà Vu
edit on 15-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm confused.

I thought We (the People) owned the national parks and it's lands, waters, rivers, etc. We pay the gov't thru our taxes for the upkeep on these lands/waters and to provide rangers and such to be of assistance to We (the People).

So as best as I can determine, the gov't (in whatever form) CANNOT close these lands/waters as that would be akin to having your butler/maid shut you out of your own home.

So while I don't expect them to clean my home if they are not being paid (which THEY decided btw), I would like to tell them to please get the hell out of my house!

And take your signs with you...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Riffrafter

...I would like to tell them to please get the hell out of my house!

And take your signs with you...

I endorse this statement.

I'm fairly certain the majority of the American Populace is in agreement with this.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Most Americans should be familiar with the Concord River. This is where the American Revolution began on April 19th 1775.

It's almost like they are taunting the more unstable among society and daring them to do something really stupid. The setting...the history... Oh, the humanity.

That dumb mixed with mean spirit exists on this level is bad enough. That we elected it? That leaves me... Ummm.. Yeah.... ......

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maybe they want to wake up the consciousness of a Nation.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is all symbolic. Can you read between the lines?
It makes great reading.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

piequal3because14

Maybe they want to wake up the consciousness of a Nation.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a contestant.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you go to the link on that poster , it looks like they're backing down on closures in at least a few places.

www.doi.gov...
edit on 15-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

IAMTAT

I know the river well...almost bought a home along it many many years ago.
There must be a lot of vets using that bridge...Obama hates vets.

You make a great point: suppose you had bought a home, and had a dock and/or boat (or suppose someone owns land along a body or water/reserve) and you decide to take your boat out on the water (river, ocean, lake). What will they do? Make you get off, either of your own accord or arrest/fine. Case in point: charter fishermen, etc not allowed to fish/boat Florida Bay; the elderly people being EVICTED FROM THEIR OWN HOMES because those homes sit on federal land.

This is got to stop, and we can't allow this to happen. Rivers aren't "property" per se, and as another mentioned, WE own the federal lands by extension. This is something people forget when dealing with the authorities & cops. WE pay YOU. YOU work for US. NOT the other way around.

Once we realize that WE are in control, WE can make a change. Until then, WE act like we are SUBJECTS, not CITIZENS.

Wake up, Rise up. This crap has to stop.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Many years ago we were caught fishing on a small river that the landowner thought we weren't supposed to . When the state DNR guy came and ordered us out of the river we told him we would meet him at the bridge In a couple of hours because the state owns the water and it's right of way. The DNR guy knew that and told the property owner so. Good day fishing but if we would have stepped out of the water we would have been arrested.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Most Americans should be familiar with the Concord River. This is where the American Revolution began on April 19th 1775.

It's almost like they are taunting the more unstable among society and daring them to do something really stupid. The setting...the history... Oh, the humanity.

That dumb mixed with mean spirit exists on this level is bad enough. That we elected it? That leaves me... Ummm.. Yeah.... ......

You are more right than you know you wascally wrabbit.

We better keep our eyes open kiddies - It's almost time for pitchforks & torches...

We have the full frontal assault by certain criminally idiotic members of congress (in both houses & on both sides of the aisle) vis a vis this absurd shutdown and soon to be equally absurd and even more criminal debacle over the debt.

We are being assaulted on one of our flanks from the MSM, the so-called pundits and a plethora of ex-criminally idiotic members of congress.

We are being assaulted on our other flank by elements in our government doing things like this just to stir the pot. I'll lump certain elements of big business in this group too for some of their actions during this manufactured crisis.

And finally, as evidenced by another thread I saw today, we have an assault on our tender rear position regarding the story about videos contradicting the Medal of Honor winner's account of events.

Now they want to take our heroes too?

Will we ever wake up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join