It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!!! Child support suspended my drivers license!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, it helps to have a good relationship with child support case worker and your child's mother. When my disability went to 100%, I went right down to child support with my son's mom and we agreed to a set amount I have to pay monthly (I pay 450 a month). We also have a order filed that if it goes down for any reason, my support amount will reflect that decrease. Also, with the govt shutdown, if I dont get my check, I wont be able to pay. I told his mom about it then told child support the issue, they said dont worry, they wont take me to court or suspend my license since these are circumstances beyond my control.
All it takes is a visit to the office or a phone call.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I agree with this 100 percent.. Lemme tell you a story Op.. I was divorced back in 2002, my ex-wife took my baby, she was 1 years old when she took her, and left the state.. She went to Arkensas, and filed for welfare like the dead beat SHE was. Of course the state of arkensas came after me.. Me being a young punk at like 22 or 23 I was enraged my ex-wife stole my child and left me.. Fast forward 6 months or so, the she returns, and files for welfare here in my home state FLorida. I get sued for child support FROM the DAY I moved out of our home... Regardless of the money I was giving my peice of crap ex wife...

My ex wife was the biggest mistake I ever made, and breeding with her, has turned into a regret.. Yet let me make myself clear.. I have managed to find a way to pay my child support for 11 years straight now no arreas etc. I pay about 110 dollars a week, its not allot, and I love my kid. I am not afraid of the child support enforcement here in Florida, the most these people do here is take your license away and screws around with you credit, so what, I am already paying child support... If I decided not to pay tomorrow the state will not throw me in jail or send me to court for 6 months from now, and I can claim I am poor and have nothing and pay them 100 to 200 bucks.. Then wait 90 days or so and send a payment in for like 100 dollars, as long as I am sending a partial payment within 90 days they will not send me to court.. LOL

My wife's ex husband taught me how to beat the system if I wanted to...

My wife's case worker is telling my wife to get a private lawyer.. LOL

the child support enforcement department here in FLorida, just works mainly on scaring people, but I like my drivers license and love my kid, so I choose to take care of my child... I just hate my ex wife, she is scum... She is now on disability as well...

edit on 15-10-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Regret marrying her and admitting it was mistake. But you pay your support & you are current. What a MAN you are sir. A man that takes being a man and a father serious. Your child will thank you for this one day. I willl thank you for this now. Thank you for being a man & doing the right thing by your child, regardless of the situation with child support. If more MEN/Fathers were like you, the child support courts would have a hollow sound each day, as in they would be empty.

I will admit the system is broken...but it is the system we have. When one tries to get around the system it just goes to show their child is not what's important to them. They spend more time and resources in getting around paying than they would have if they just paid their duty of support. Dead Beat parents< I will admit I have a distaste for them all. Your child did not ask to be born. It's your duty & responsability to take care of your offspring....even if they live elsewhere. When the OP whines about this issue, it just shows the true nature of the OP.....DEAD BEAT PARENT. Yea he's that guy. Thanks for doing right by your child, some one some where will learn from your post. Let me tell you what I do with my $50 bucks I get each month. Like I said before, my kids are grown and gone, 28/26. I take my little $50 and go to the dollar store and basicly give it away. I will shop and buy food stuffs, toiletries etc.etc. Then I will watch the people in the store. It's not hard to find the ones that need the help. I try to find the ones with children with them, Then as they check out, I give them some of the things Ive bought.No questions asked. when a person is in the dollar store, having trouble paying or buying very little, these are the ones that need help.

That $50 bucks in back support I receive each month has done some good things and brought fourth a few smiles, I really like the smiles on the kids faces. I'll do this tilll no more money comes in or I die whichever gets here first.
edit on 16-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by GNOarmy

I wonder if someone could come up with pre-birth agreements like pre-nups for marriage. I wonder if they'd even hold up in court or just be trumped by the system? Child support system is really, really stupid.

Child support should be a designated amount for everyone. Like 300 bucks or something. Anything else needs to either be agreed to beforehand or the woman needs to share custody.

If I was a straight guy and wanted children I'd just donate sperm to a nice lesbian couple. Better than the alternative.

Also, whichever company first comes up with male birth control is going to be very rich.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

got to do it right or else a sperm donor can be held responsible for child support. even if the couple is a lesbian couple.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

subfab

OrphanApology
reply to post by GNOarmy

I wonder if someone could come up with pre-birth agreements like pre-nups for marriage. I wonder if they'd even hold up in court or just be trumped by the system? Child support system is really, really stupid.

Child support should be a designated amount for everyone. Like 300 bucks or something. Anything else needs to either be agreed to beforehand or the woman needs to share custody.

If I was a straight guy and wanted children I'd just donate sperm to a nice lesbian couple. Better than the alternative.

Also, whichever company first comes up with male birth control is going to be very rich.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

got to do it right or else a sperm donor can be held responsible for child support. even if the couple is a lesbian couple.

All you have to do is go through a sperm bank. That is what both of them should have done.

If you're in a state that doesn't recognize gay parental rights, going through a sperm bank is the only way to ensure that the donating male's rights are not enforced.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Now that sucks. Doesn't your ex have to hound them to get them to do this? Wtf does she want you in prison? I've seen people go down that road it takes two to make a baby and only ONE of them has any say over whether its brought to term or what happens to that baby in its life. Makes me wonder why a father has to pay at all. You should be able to opt out. Bunch of crap if you ask me.

Anyhow it will be almost impossible to come back from this. That's why I am saying this is completely retarded. I can understand them making you pay back child support. When you get out with a felony guess what? NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU! YAY! When you get out guess what? YOU WILL STILL HAVE NO LICENSE SO NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU! YAY! This is one big circle %&^$ of screwing you for absolutely no reason.

Feel for ya. I really do. Never been in that situation but its absolutely retarded.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No matter what you do, or where you go, there is always will be someone labeling you as a deadbeat dad. In the last 4 years me and my husband were busting our butts off to pay his court ordered amount of child support. Kids live in NY and we lived in OK. Both of us lost our jobs, because the company we were working for went bankrupt. NY state refused to work with my husband and told him he has to come to NY, hire a lawyer, request a hearing, and appear for a court date......We had no means of getting him there and/or back. Oklahoma said they can't do anything for us. It's been almost 2 years, we have lost everything, we are homeless with 2 kids, and on top of everything,instead of lowering child support due to unemployment, NY raised it extra $40 a week.( not counting arrears ) My husband has a job now but NY child support is taking 65% of his paycheck leaving us almost nothing to live on. His license is suspended, he is walking to work and NY state attempts to leave us completely broke by collecting extra because his ex-wife's cost of living went up, hell, everyone's cost of living went up, not just hers........So judging by personal experience, not every person who falls behind on child support is a deadbeat
I feel for all dads who struggle to pay child support especially out of state, let's hope it will get easier on all of us.
edit on 2-5-2014 by tanichkane because: misspelled a few words

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Sorry can't side with you on this issue. I was in the child-support system for 17 years. I was the one being paid. My ex wife owes me over $60,000 dollars, of which I get $50 a month. I'll have to live to be 149 and her the same as so I get my money. Kids are grown and gone. Needed the money then, not now.

Ive sat in support court in 3 different states, I heard the same story you told over & over & over again, it grows stale after awhile. Every person who gets behind always has a story of woe. No job, cant find work, but them mean old courts and child support people are making my life hard. Took my license, boohoo, Pay your support, keep it current, then them mean ole child support people will leave you alone.

I have allways found in this scenario, the deadbeat is the one who stands and firmly denies being a deadbeat. If the shoe fits , it fits. Seems as if you got plenty of training in LE, seems like you should have known where this all was headed. I simply can't stand a person who sits and whines about supporting the life you brought fourth. It;s damn shameful.

I know this is an old post but I have to speak my mind, since you did a few times in the thread.

Your self rightous attitude is sickening.

So you got stiffed, now everyone is a deadbeat dad that has problems in life.

Go figure,

You don't know the op. You don't know his situation. You don't know what kind of father he is to his children. So who are you to judge this man?

Oh right, you are just someone pissed because you got stiffed, and now everyone who runs into financial troubles paying child support is a deadbeat.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Durex and Trojan have been making male birth control for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join