Reiki and a girl i sometimes visit

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wont beat around the bush here, I have been seeing a girl/Woman on and off for around a year, for me, it's just for some company and i feel she feels the same but maybe wants more, like holding hands and stuff...Not for me. I just dont want to get too close to someone and i'm Happy just to share a Bottle of wine and a Bed every now and then, I hope she feels the same, never really talked about it. we are both 46 with a couple of kids from previous Marriages ..Anyway.

She has been going to Reiki for just over 6 months now and from day one she said she saw and felt things.

She said she is open to things, so maybe that's why of all the group of people she goes with she seems to be the only one who is experiencing these happenings, from seeing an old mans face on someone's elses body, (A female Healer) to her bed sheets being pulled and her bed being nudged to feeling invisible hands on her etc...

Now I just kinda take it all with a pinch of salt, i dont laugh, i dont roll my eyes, i encourage her to keep going to see where this might end up, but also told her to be careful what she's letting in..or out.

Now here's where it gets freaky for me.

Tonight she asked me if i wanted to go with her to her Reiki class...not for the first time, but again i said it wasn't for me then she proceeds to tell me about another happening she had...She saw her Spiritual Healer..So she believes anyway, but....But...She said he/she/it looked just like me.....Whaaaaaa.

What does this Mean???...if anything.?

I wont go into to much detail of how we met, but it was through circumstances that were not the best or maybe they were meant to happen...who knows.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers, S

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So you are close to 50, have a FWB that doesn't mind sharing a good bottle of wine and a bed and your biggest problem is going to a Reiki class with her?

Dude, really?

First, hit it again.

Second, just go to the damned class. Like you haven't wasted an hour of your life for a woman before?
Third, take a wine appreciation class or something together after your 1 trip to her Reiki.
Problem solved, let the wine and sex flow.

Why would it be freaky that she saw you as her spiritual healer. Isn't that one of the main purposes of any relationship, to help heal the pain and forget any trauma for the last relationship?
edit on 15-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thorneblood
So you are close to 50, have a FWB that doesn't mind sharing a good bottle of wine and a bed and your biggest problem is going to a Reiki class with her?

Dude, really?

First, hit it again.

Second, just go to the damned class. Like you haven't wasted an hour of your life for a woman before?
Third, take a wine appreciation class or something together after your 1 trip to her Reiki.
Problem solved, let the wine and sex flow.

lol...Now that's not my problem at all, I like a Booty call as well as the next man...I probably will go to one of her classes...eh...eventually.
it's the fact she said she saw her Spiritual Healer and the Spiritual healer looked like me....what's that all about....Is she Imagining this, is this normal, am i dead. is her spiritual healer related to me in some way, could it be my Dead best mate pulling a prank from the other side as he used to date her. IDK..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Maybe she just thinks your good for some sexual healing.....
Let's face it, chances are she has been hurt in past relationships. Otherwise she would not be single now right?
So yea, your her healer. Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Maybe she just thinks your good for some sexual healing.....
Let's face it, chances are she has been hurt in past relationships. Otherwise she would not be single now right?
So yea, your her healer. Deal with it.

We've all been hurt at some point....I just dont want her thinking she needs me to cure her of whatever.

It's all good the way things are...for both of us. I havn't been with her for over a month...we talk on the phone. but basically just do our own thing.

Great, now i got Marvin Gaye running around my brain.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have no idea what Reiki is. With that being said, I wouldn't go with her to the class. That's "couply" stuff and if that is not your intention then don't start down that path. Also it'd probably be a good idea to have a talk with her in the nearby future making she understands where the relationship is or is not going.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't believe Reiki is a big deal, mostly imagination, nothing to be afraid of. Maybe I didn't find the right master yet, but this is my opinion, hope no Reiki practitioner is offended.

A good friend of mine was learning Reiki up into the master level, so I helped her by volunteering for some free sessions. It was an interesting experience, calming and relaxing, but if you ask me about the things I 'saw" it still makes me laugh.
First, I wasted about 5 minutes trying to decide what is my favorite peaceful place for me, a beach or a forest, missing a big part of the instructions. Finally I rushed it with the forest; that was a problem too since a forest scene from Lord of the Rings was keep popping up. Then she said to invite my guiding spirit, so a woman show up with 2 white plastic chairs and spreads a white sheet on the grass, like we're going to have a picnik. After that I kind of doze off, so no special instructions were given to me lol.
She was quite happy with the white color, as an auspicious sign, but I was very disappointed with my imagination; two plastic chairs, that's the best I can get from my spiritual guide?
I didn't want to burst her bubble, but my impression is that reiki is nothing more than guided imagery.
After that I didn't bothered anymore with 'seeing" things; I just relaxed and listened to the nice background music.

So don't worry if she saw you as her healer, it means nothing. You probably were the strongest image in her mind at the moment. Go with her and enjoy a relaxing experience.
edit on 15-10-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

(A female Healer) to her bed sheets being pulled and her bed being nudged to feeling invisible hands on her etc...

Had the invisible hand thing myself that can occur even if you are against a wall so nothing solid should be there, but I normally think of it as ki/chi/energy field being manipulated so that the human body can sense. The bed sheet thing I have never been exposed to and that is kinda funny. Has she ever experienced heat that goes up her back from the spine (root chakra)?

Normally I think of reiki/meditation/chanting/singing as a way of tuning the bodies ki/chi/energy flows. You can think of the bodies energy field as water pipes clogged with dirt hindering the water from arriving if you do not put enough pressure to unclog the dirt. And when you have unclogged the dirt the senses and body will work a little differently than before.

If you go far down the rabbit hole then the bliss feeling is nice.

I am not a strong empath like the girls I went to class with so I just wing it where I put my hands either on the body or above depending on what I feel like.

edit on 15-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

WhiteHat
I don't believe Reiki is a big deal, mostly imagination, nothing to be afraid of. Maybe I didn't find the right master yet, but this is my opinion, hope no Reiki practitioner is offended.

A good friend of mine was learning Reiki up into the master level, so I helped her by volunteering for some free sessions. It was an interesting experience, calming and relaxing, but if you ask me about the things I 'saw" it still makes me laugh.
First, I wasted about 5 minutes trying to decide what is my favorite peaceful place for me, a beach or a forest, missing a big part of the instructions. Finally I rushed it with the forest; that was a problem too since a forest scene from Lord of the Rings was keep popping up. Then she said to invite my guiding spirit, so a woman show up with 2 white plastic chairs and spreads a white sheet on the grass, like we're going to have a picnik. After that I kind of doze off, so no special instructions were given to me lol.
She was quite happy with the white color, as an auspicious sign, but I was very disappointed with my imagination; two plastic chairs, that's the best I can get from my spiritual guide?
I didn't want to burst her bubble, but my impression is that reiki is nothing more than guided imagery.
After that I didn't bother anymore with 'seeing" things; I just relaxed and listen to the nice background music.

So don't worry if she saw you as her healer, it means nothing. You probably were the strongest image in her mind at the moment. Go with her and enjoy a relaxing experience.
edit on 15-10-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

That is quite different than the reiki class I went to that focused on the energy transfer and letting the energy help the patient and relax the patient.
edit on 15-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

She said she was doing the energy transfer too, while gently massaging/touching different parts of my body.
That part was really nice, and almost every time I doze off, which it never happens to me during a normal massage session.
Yet I cannot tell you about any health problem or emotional problem improving after that, nor any other after effect beside a very nice relaxing "massage" session ( I was fully dressed )
Maybe because she was very new, or I was too skeptic
, fact is that I miss what all the fuss is about reiki.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This doesn't sound like my experiences with Reiki, but I've only been practicing for a few years. My mom turned me onto Reiki and Shamballah a few years back, but I choose to use both as...well, I look at both as being directed and focused energy work. And I'm more into Shamballah than actual Reiki, per se.

Now my mom is a bit different. She also uses crystal energy and other stuff as well. She also meditates a great deal in conjunction with her reiki and I guess what she has experienced is more like astral projection in that she has "visions" (for lack of a better word) and has seen her past lives, her spirit guide and whatnot. And while I can accept we each have our own guide, I've never heard any mention of a "spiritual healer." That doesn't mean it isn't so, as I am just self-taught from books and regular practice. My philosophy entails only using my energies to help/heal people and to do good things.

I do think there are two separate things going on with this woman, though. Focusing one's energies on doing good and healing should not necessarily go hand in hand with her covers being pulled, feeling invisible hands on her body, etc. This sounds more like a haunting than any type of energy work. I am very open to things including ghosts, spirits, aliens, bigfoot, the hollow earth, you name it. I believe many things are possible. But I have never felt as though my energy work was going to let anything in, so to speak. For me, it's a matter of directing and projecting - basically sending stuff OUT, not necessarily bringing it IN. But perhaps in a group setting, they are practicing Reiki on one another? Maybe someone in the group is sending out negative rather than positive, maybe without that person even realizing it, and that negative energy has attached itself to her? I don't know exactly how a group works, as I am a solitary sort. And I wouldn't let anyone practice energy work on me unless I believed the person undoubtedly knew what they were doing and I trusted them completely.

Just my two cents worth, and as I said, I am certainly no expert when it comes to Reiki. I know there are some other members on here with far more experience though, so I will give you a star and flag this thread so maybe someone with more knowledge will see it and reply with a better and more in-depth answer for you.

ETA: Ah, I see others with different and more Reiki experiences are already chiming in!
edit on 15-10-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: more stuff

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've been wanting to try Reiki for a long time. I've just not found a good Reiki Master.
I'd love to go to a good Reiki class .... go, even if you don't like it, it'll be interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

WhiteHat

She said she was doing the energy transfer too, while gently massaging/touching different parts of my body.
That part was really nice, and almost every time I doze off, which it never happens to me during a normal massage session.
Yet I cannot tell you about any health problem or emotional problem improving after that, nor any other after effect beside a very nice relaxing "massage" session ( I was fully dressed )
Maybe because she was very new, or I was too skeptic
, fact is that I miss what all the fuss is about reiki.

Last time I had Reiki I had to stop it since it created such heat in my body.
. Sensory overload from 3 people healing me at once.

Go a Reiki class instead with the right teacher and learn what it is if you want to have the full experience and make sure the person know about the chakra system and teaches it.

Also it can be fun feeling heat when a person is Byosen scanning you without touching your body.
edit on 16-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

DustbowlDebutante
This doesn't sound like my experiences with Reiki, but I've only been practicing for a few years. My mom turned me onto Reiki and Shamballah a few years back, but I choose to use both as...well, I look at both as being directed and focused energy work. And I'm more into Shamballah than actual Reiki, per se.

What is your definition on Shamballah and how do you practice it? I checked around and on one link it was about a non dualistic place that you went to. Other links was about bracelets who have effect on chakras. Personally not something I have had any need off, but if it works for people go for it

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'm at work right now, but when I go home this evening, I will find my books and get back to you with a pm (so as not to derail the OP's thread). I have a hard time putting into words the things I see, feel and do when I'm using Shamballah. However, I will tell you that, in my opinion, it's not as complicated as Reiki for me, at least.

Once you get the hang of it, you can simply say "Shamballah on" and feel the energies running thru your hands. It's an indescribable feeling...those energies (which are inside of all of us!) coursing through your fingers. And it's amazing when you put your hands on another person who is ill (in whatever sense of the word) and feel their depleted bodies pulling on that energy from your hands. I have had instances where the other person was so in need of balance and energy, the vibration in the skin on my hands almost became a little painful.

I won't tell you that I believe Reiki or Shamballah will cure cancer or bring back the dead. But I do believe these energies balance and heal the body to a certain degree. I think energy imbalances within the body can manifest physically in illness as well.

I will also see if I can talk my mom into joining on here (instead of just lurking!) and she can tell you everything you could ever want to know about Shamballah and Reiki both. She has been practicing both for about 10 or 15 years.

Eta: I just spoke with my mom, and it turns out that she DOES have an account. She said she would drop by this thread and give a better explanation of Shamballah for you
edit on 16-10-2013 by DustbowlDebutante because: stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Reiki is a term that is associated with a multitude of psychic energetic healing systems. Dr. Mikeo Usui is credited for bringing this lost art back to the modern world in 1914. Shamballa is a Usui based (using traditional characters/symbols) energetic healing system that expands on Usui Reiki. Many practitioners consider Shamballa to be a more intense and profound energy system. I am a Sekum-Seihem-Reiki Master as well as a Shamballa Master - and many other healing modalities as well. My suggestions for the girlfriend and some of the things she is experiencing during her Reiki practice- make sure your space is clear of any unwanted energies. This can be accomplished by prayer, invoking the protection of Archangel Michael, a crystal grid- there are many ways. The Reiki instructor should be providing this knowledge and methods for her. My advice to the person who ask if he should attend Reiki class... Go! The universe has provided this opportunity to you for a reason. Reiki cannot do harm.... And yes, I am Dustbowl Debutante's mom

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Sani56

Reiki is a term that is associated with a multitude of psychic energetic healing systems. Dr. Mikeo Usui is credited for bringing this lost art back to the modern world in 1914. Shamballa is a Usui based (using traditional characters/symbols) energetic healing system that expands on Usui Reiki. Many practitioners consider Shamballa to be a more intense and profound energy system. I am a Sekum-Seihem-Reiki Master as well as a Shamballa Master - and many other healing modalities as well. My suggestions for the girlfriend and some of the things she is experiencing during her Reiki practice- make sure your space is clear of any unwanted energies. This can be accomplished by prayer, invoking the protection of Archangel Michael, a crystal grid- there are many ways. The Reiki instructor should be providing this knowledge and methods for her. My advice to the person who ask if he should attend Reiki class... Go! The universe has provided this opportunity to you for a reason. Reiki cannot do harm.... And yes, I am Dustbowl Debutante's mom

Thanks for the information and thank you and your daughter for being.

new topics
top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum