It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Think about it, cold weather is coming and people will do just about anything for food, I’m sure there will be riots but then what? After the stores are looted what will people do? The government will step in to feed them and in all this they will want to keep track of them too, this is where they start tagging people, chipping them.

We may be farther along the timeline than we realize … this could get scary in a quick hurry.

CX

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well at least that answers the question about what on earth all those armoured vehicles will be needed for.

If you stop food stamps for that many people, public disorder will reach stupid levels.

CX.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hal4511

That's where I think any 'TPTB plan' falls apart. That would be assuming the 'Us/Them' stupidity actually has an Us/Them with bright clear lines between us.

Well, Us (citizens) populate them (the government), so how many among the Government won't be among those also in need, related to someone they love in need or otherwise hurt by things?

The Government may get to the riot stage, in a hypothetical here, to find there is no one left to answer 911 as Washington is calling around to 'spring the surprise'. Well... Indeed... There may be one hell of a surprise if this is actually done with that outcome in mind as viable.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I will love to see the food stamp and welfare stop for once, see if you are hungry how about getting a job to pay for food.

Because let faced it no everybody in welfare and food stamps are in those programs because they are disable and unable to work.

Most of the population in those programs are able and capable individuals that can get out in the streets and find a job.

Sorry, if I sound hard but that is the truth, I live in a welfare town and most of the people are healthy enough and big enough to get up and find a job, but is easier to sit and wait for the welfare money and food stamps that been productive members of society.

If I, my husband and two children can work so they can too.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

If they're not gonna give the food away via food stamps, then what are the producers going to do with the surplus?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

No, they will never let that entitlement program go under or cease to exist.

There are too many people using it for a way of life and there would be mass riots nation wide if people couldn't get their food stamps or welfare check.

Besides they (Democrats) would lose 90% of their voter base..... It'll never happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Corporate welfare far exceeds social welfare.

People, whether you approve of every person who receives assistance or not...just remember that corporations and black budgets are taking more from your coffers.

You know that saying that says, "If it gets bad enough out there someone will call."

RING RING

If no deal is reached and food stamps, social security and veteran's benefits are cut completely, no place in America will be safe from riots. It is a very scary time. Once started, it is not so easily stopped.

Have we become so uncaring that we are willing to let children and the elderly starve? Is that how policy works in this country now?

Ring Ring Ring...we're getting close to a point of no return if people are cut off without time to prepare. Think people. This is not a game where you will control the ending. Riots will happen, if there is truth in this report which I expect there is. So sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by skuly

This, plus the Social Security being held hostage and Veterans benefits, etc, etc. I think that this admin wants a brew-ha, as my Grandfather used to say. (BTW, if I say I want a brew-ha...I mean beer)

This week is going to be pretty interesting.

If those people really delay VA checks, Soc Sec, Welfare, etc.

Then I feel sorry for the people between the mobs and D.C.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

my little pittance is squat, but if my VA check is delayed,
I wont be the only P.O.'d veteran at the VFW!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I never thought we would see the day when America turned its back on its people and blindly let people starve. But then I never thought I would see this either...

We are close, very close to the brink here. Civil unrest is days away. How can D.C. not get that? They are not as in control as they think...none of them are. They have pushed this fight way to far. If people are left with no way to feed themselves...we won't be able to stop what happens next. Deal or no deal...it won't matter. Once ignited...this is going to become an uncontrolled burn.

I pray for you. I pray for all of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
reply to post by HanzHenry

I never thought we would see the day when America turned its back on its people and blindly let people starve. But then I never thought I would see this either...

We are close, very close to the brink here. Civil unrest is days away. How can D.C. not get that? They are not as in control as they think...none of them are. They have pushed this fight way to far. If people are left with no way to feed themselves...we won't be able to stop what happens next. Deal or no deal...it won't matter. Once ignited...this is going to become an uncontrolled burn.

I pray for you. I pray for all of us.

EXACTLY ...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Perhaps this is on page 6,850 of the ACA under "Proposed Weight Reduction Plans" Get everyOne healthy and then we won't need healthcare. Too bad ALL this crap didn't happen One debacle at a time or is that the whole idea? Wait until "they" find out that Barry O'Bama and GW Bush are actually cousins

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am headed to the grocery store....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

SpaDe_
reply to post by bekod

And why would the USDA make this public? Short answer is they wouldn't. This type of statement would have been sent at a state level and for individuals on a need to know basis, not for general public consumption. If they are going to shut down EBT cards the people won't hear a word about it until they go to check out and realize they don't work just like the glitch that happened this past weekend.

BTW: The USDA is not shut down, their website was taken offline as a non essential service. They are very much running and fully functional.
edit on 10/15/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

We'll know if it's completely true or not, if recipients start to receive letters about the status of their benefits. Last month, everyone received a letter about their benefits seeing a cut, so I do believe if all benefits were being put on hold, they will notify each house hold.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This does not sound good for the 47 Million folks needing help, I have one question and please be patient with me as I am Canadian.

I try to avoid the Political threads for your country.

Are food stamps all you get if you need assistance?
Here we get welfare which comes in the form of money.

Just asking and hoping someone will clue me in.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Tatanka

SpaDe_
reply to post by bekod

And why would the USDA make this public? Short answer is they wouldn't. This type of statement would have been sent at a state level and for individuals on a need to know basis, not for general public consumption. If they are going to shut down EBT cards the people won't hear a word about it until they go to check out and realize they don't work just like the glitch that happened this past weekend.

BTW: The USDA is not shut down, their website was taken offline as a non essential service. They are very much running and fully functional.
edit on 10/15/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Last month, everyone received a letter about their benefits seeing a cut, so I do believe if all benefits were being put on hold, they will notify each house hold.

I'm not so sure about that. Would you tell 47 million people they get to starve in November? Maybe for good? I wouldn't want that job.

Anyway this whole thing has a distinct Wag the Dog feel to me. Hope so anyway as half those people are going to be children.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As if this theft and redistribution were ultimately sustainable?

It was only a matter of time before the criminals running this scheme ran out of other people's money to continue operating said scheme.

I fail to see how anyone would be incapable of that realization. Did you really think this gravy train had no end???

Of course this will end badly! It began badly so there is no reason to believe it would end any other way. It was designed this way.

edit on 15-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

most just get food you have to get on another program to get $.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hal4511

crash the economy and instigate massive food riots in November. This will be blamed, naturally, on the Evil White Racist Tea Party Republicans.

Allow me to edit your phrases.

This will be blamed, naturally, on the Evil White Racist Tea Party Republicans, who say: "Let's crash the economy, close the goverment, and instigate massive food riots! THAT will kill this humane altruistic, reasonable solution for making sure our own citizens aren't starving! DAMN THEM!! Pfft. Ghu...

:eyeroll:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm concerned for the elderly and disabled. The young, able bodied folks would have to get up and work, but our elderly, that's another story. It doesn't help that meals on wheels was cut back, and I'm not even certain if it's still going as this was a federally funded program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join