It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Little food for thought, while we are at it:

FACT: Every $1 in SNAP benefits generates $1.73 in economic activity, according to Moody's economist Mark Zandi. SNAP not only helps low-income people buy groceries, it frees up cash for other expenses, such as medical care, clothing, home repairs and childcare. That benefits local businesses and their employees, which boosts the economy as a whole.

www.hungercoalition.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

OSULOPPERS
reply to post by captaintyinknots

pretty sure the construction worker would be covered under disability and the poor poor poor worker who lost their job should get a f ing new one

seriously anyone on foodstamps is a loser whom I have zero for

when I was wrokin they were twerkin

Some people actually need it.

What about the single parent whos significant other just upped and left after cleaning out the bank account?
What about the senior citizen with no kids that are willing to help them?

When you get older and out of school, you will realize that to get ahead in life, you need compassion and a willingness to think further than right now. Critical thinking and forward thinking are what people need, common sense is too common.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OSULOPPERS

pretty sure the construction worker would be covered under disability and the poor poor poor worker who lost their job should get a f ing new one
Ahhh, so thats how it works is it? You get hurt on a job, you get paid out disability the next day? Get laid off theres a new job waiting for you tomorrow that you are qualified for and pays decent (who knew in this economy).

Sorry, theres this place called the real world, and things dont always line up perfectly in it.

seriously anyone on foodstamps is a loser whom I have zero for when I was workin they were twerkin
Funny, I feel the same way about anyone who can so easily judge those who they know nothing about.

I do thank you, though, for being a great example of the exact point I made a couple of posts ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Avg foodstamp / mo = $272

according to sources, it is going to be reduced by about $36 dollars. Nothing is going to happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
First of all, there are no food stamps anywhere anymore. It's a debit card that you swipe. This way people can't sell them for cash. Or they would have to sell the card to them. Second this memo is for grocery stores to submit their files for how much food they sold via EBT so they can get paid back for the food it sold. It does not even imply that they are freezing or closing the system people need to read this more carefully. It clearly says VENDORS . Those using EBT are consumers not vendors.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

There are no illnesses that are contagious that come from malnutrition. So no worries about infecting the healthy well fed people.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

There are no illnesses that are contagious that come from malnutrition. So no worries about infecting the healthy well fed people.
I dont know that that is fully accurate. Many illnesses are born in famine and poverty.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Gotta love your compassion. Especially when you refer to it as a free hand out. Insulting much? There are truly poor people in this country. They are not bums looking for a free ride (or most anyway) . Under educated people who can't get a well paying job and they are really trying . The EBT program is a godsend to these folks. Most people on this program would rather pay cash if they had it. Not to mention that every time they grocery shop the cashier knows their social situation and that has to be embarrassing. Come on folks be kinder.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by macman

Gotta love your compassion. Especially when you refer to it as a free hand out. Insulting much? There are truly poor people in this country. They are not bums looking for a free ride (or most anyway) . Under educated people who can't get a well paying job and they are really trying . The EBT program is a godsend to these folks. Most people on this program would rather pay cash if they had it. Not to mention that every time they grocery shop the cashier knows their social situation and that has to be embarrassing. Come on folks be kinder.

Well, it is rather disingenuous to call an objection to coerced charity, government wealth redistribution, and federal entitlement programs being "uncompassionate." Many, if not most, opposed to government handouts are very personally generous, it is other objections from the inefficiently of government, to politicians using charity to buy votes, to the damage to a society the welfare state causes. There are many reasons to object to this program rather than being simply "uncompassionate."

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This video @ about the :57 second mark says being on welfare works out to about $30 an hour; senate report?...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Gotta love your compassion.

Gee thanks. I have a huge problem when I work a day job, run a business, have a family, work about 16 hours out of the day, 5 hours of sleep (Literally), remainder spent with my family, only to have 30% of my freaking paycheck stolen from to give to others. Oh, forgot to mention giving 10% of my earning to charity as well.
So, yeah, very compassionate. Only to have people piss and moan about me having an issue with such things.

AutumnWitch657
Especially when you refer to it as a free hand out.

Who is working, earning a paycheck, to pay for these tings, given to others???
Yes, a free handout.

AutumnWitch657
Insulting much?

As it should be. Insulting that I should be okay with MY money taken from me to give to others.
Insulting that people actually think they have a right to MY money.
Yes, very very insulting.

AutumnWitch657
There are truly poor people in this country.

That is sad, it really is. But, I have MY family to take care of. Not everyone else.
People need to take care of themselves and stop worrying about what others have and stop depending on others to make up for their shortcomings in life.

AutumnWitch657
They are not bums looking for a free ride (or most anyway) .

I am sure that there are some where that is the case. Most are scamming the system.
Go to any Subsidized Housing and look at the vehicles being driven and the items within the residence. If you can afford an Acura, you don't need MY money.

AutumnWitch657
Under educated people who can't get a well paying job and they are really trying .

Not my problem. Go get more education and/or a better job. I don't work to fund others lives.
I guess it is okay to allow food to be taken from the mouths of my children to provide for others. As long as it is in the name of "welfare".

AutumnWitch657
The EBT program is a godsend to these folks.

And a scourge for the rest of us.
Again, I have to work for free 30% of a fiscal year so the Govt can provide for others.

Let me repeat this.
I have to work for free 30% of a fiscal year so the Govt can provide for others.
That is roughly 15 weeks out of a 52 week year that I work for free.

AutumnWitch657
Most people on this program would rather pay cash if they had it.

Oh, you mean like paying cash for beer and crap, after they purchase the approved items with their EBT cards.

AutumnWitch657
Not to mention that every time they grocery shop the cashier knows their social situation and that has to be embarrassing. Come on folks be kinder.

Woe. Did you just actually pitch that people are embarrassed to use EBT??
I have yet over the last 20 years seen anyone be embarrassed about using such things. It has been made the normal thing to use. People are scolded now for even thinking poorly on people using Govt handouts.

If it was embarrassing, people would not be swarming 2 Walmarts to purge the store of anything on the shelves because of a glitch.

So, spare me your bullcrap.

Welfare from the Govt is very simple. It is control of people.
The recipient is controlled by the Govt because if the Govt can provide for them, why should they provide for themselves.
The tax payer is controlled by the Govt stealing from the EARNED income, all by force under threat of jail and fines.

edit on 23-10-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

nightstalker78

fenson76
reply to post by nightstalker78

You're a racist idiot. Please don't agree with anything I say. Thank you.

Or the better option is you and your bleeding heart buddies are to sensitive

Seriously? Saying the "N" word repeatedly is not racist to you? Get a clue. Btw, I am far from liberal but not a pathetic racist.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

captaintyinknots

AutumnWitch657

I dont know that that is fully accurate. Many illnesses are born in famine and poverty.

I didn't say there were no illness from malnutrition.I said those illness are not contagious.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
[more

edit on 25-10-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Food stamps won't be discontinued, the corporations are the ones who benefit from selling those food-stuffs to the needy. If they were discontinued, the wealthy would be forced to make up the difference in increased food prices in order to compensate for less sales. Can't have that now, can we?.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Really try to figure out how the monetary system works before you try and blame people for taking part of your stuff. Less than 1% of the money collected through taxation goes to welfare programs, the rest is wasted by endless wars and un-necessary spending on roads that don't need to be fixed and such.

Maybe you should accept a reduction in lifestyle, that might allow you to get enough rest and not be such a pain, you work to buy things you don't really need whether you want to admit it or not.

I like your "Joe Action Guy" avatar by the way, 20 years ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

Really try to figure out how the monetary system works before you try and blame people for taking part of your stuff. Less than 1% of the money collected through taxation goes to welfare programs, the rest is wasted by endless wars and un-necessary spending on roads that don't need to be fixed and such.

Oh look, another OWS Johny come lately.
Yes, I am very much aware of how the economy functions and the monetary system as well. Thanks for the info.
I still have 30%of MY earned income taken from me to give to others. Regardless if those others are welfare grabbers, Corporations or what ever. The discussion at hand is just that, not that such in such company gets this.
I love how the group think actors always give the same response of "Well, we spend more on wars".

MyHappyDogShiner
Maybe you should accept a reduction in lifestyle, that might allow you to get enough rest and not be such a pain, you work to buy things you don't really need whether you want to admit it or not.

Gee, I don't recall asking you.
How about you worry about yourself more and others less.
I work to provide for my family. I work a job and own a business even though I end up working about 15 weeks a year for free, because of people like you and your mindset.

MyHappyDogShiner
I like your "Joe Action Guy" avatar by the way, 20 years ago.

Ah, shall I go cry in the corner, or sob under my desk?
Again, I don't recall asking you. And if that is all you got, bashing an avatar, I won't be expecting much in retort.

edit on 25-10-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The same people who believe the nanny state should provide from cradle to grave will be the ones who will be breaking down your door to steal your stuff if god forbid the state can no longer provide them with their free stuff.

Many work half the year before all their taxes are paid for. Most work 10 months a year before their social security is paid off for the entire year.

Plenty of people do not want to take personal responsibility for their sorry lives; decisions made when young and the belief they were entitled simply because they are living and breathing Americans may be coming to an end.

There are no easy answers (throw money at the problem) anymore with 48% of the American society on the dole or with 90 million unemployed..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

captaintyinknots

AutumnWitch657

I didn't say there were no illness from malnutrition.I said those illness are not contagious.
Again, i just dont think that is true. It is a fact that nearly ALL illnesses and disease thrive in areas with famine and poverty. Look at africa. The poorest areas over there have some of the highest illness and disease rates on the planet. And many of those diseases are contagious.

A malnourished body is a perfect incubator for most of the nastiest bugs out there.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join