It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

nosacrificenofreedom

Soloprotocol
And all the Haters will be Happy...47 Million people starving on the streets of the Good ol US of A....People gotta eat...Now i wonder how they go about that????????

Maybe they can cook some of the useless politicians!
If we cook them they may finally get something done
even if it's only dinner!

HAHAHAHAHA!

That was both disgusting, and absolutely hilarious....not that i would ever condone cannibalism, mind you....it was still damn funny

bravo, sir....you get a star..

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by tigpoppa

So the only recourse people have, when food stamps are absent, is crime????

No wonder the country is going to crap.

So, basically if people can't get their free handout, they will always resort to violent crime.

What was that expression, something about the bigotry of low expectations?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
What would you do if you had no way to feed your family? Options I see are: beg, borrow or steal.

You left out "work for it".

There are many other means to survive, without what you offered.

But, you can always turn to the Govt to borrow and steal for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

GrimReaper86
reply to post by Pimpintology

What I really meant was if the food stamps weren't going to be given out anymore then there would be ample suffering over the winter due to lack of food, even if no riots were to happen. It's not like people can try an farm food in the middle of winter, so the alternatives are theft/violence or starvation. Although, it looks like they've raised the debt ceilling so those people can at least get throught the winter.

You are right the problem here is those that really need it, many cannot find jobs, the jobs they can get are low paying, it's a mess, if food stamps stopped people would starve.

It didn't use to be this way people could make a living and support a family on blue collar wages, the cost of everything is outrageous, the jobs have been sent overseas, there is and has been a powerful force at work to bring down America for a long time, that's my theory and I am sticking with it.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Paged through this thread and didn't see anyone else mentioning it, but cutting off of the welfare state (in conjunction with increasing prices on necessities like food/water/energy is the final stage in the IMF blueprint for economic warfare against a nation. This has already happened so many times in other nations that it has a name--the IMF riot.

Sadly, America is under economic attack from outside forces working with traitors from within.

For anyone in doubt about this, go research Joseph Stiglitz, ex-chief economist of the World Bank. Joe quit his position at the World Bank, essentially stating that he refused to participate any longer in something so evil. Then--mysteriously (lol)--several thousand pages of leaked documents appeared on the desks of some prominent reporters.

This is how we know what we know, and this is how we can predict the future of America. The next stage in the plan is capital controls--our loving government will shut down our ability to (1) access our money; and (2) move our money out of the country. The final stage after that is the IMF riot.

I suggest reviewing the looting that went on when the EBT system "glitched" and went down for a few hours recently:

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees

That glitch was what is called in the business as a "Shock Test," a small disturbance intentionally put into the system to gauge its resiliency--or to approximate the results of a much larger hit to the system in days to come. For more about shock testing, see the leaked government document "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars." For anyone who believes that's a fake document, it's remarkable how many of those "fake" predictions have come true, yah?

Now that you know what's happening, you can view the rest of recent events in their appropriate context. See the temporary agreement regarding the debt ceiling for what it really is--a temporary reprieve, a stay-of-execution, as it were. We've all just been given an extra few months to prepare for what's coming.

Imagine how bad things will get if the EBT system goes down for DAYS... or forever. Right now there are over 100 MILLION Americans on some form of federal aid. Picture how quickly they could loot the shelves dry at every grocery store in the nation. It's not a pretty sight.

So while you still can, start stocking up on the essentials: Food, water, medicine... and if you like, ammo. You don't have to go all Doomsday Preppers, but you should be prepared to weather any short-term disruptions in the supply chain; and as our grocery stores all pretty much use a just-in-time delivery model, any widespread panic buying event will leave the shelves bare for days/weeks.

The collapse is coming. At this point, it's pretty much a Chicken Little situation--the sky really IS falling. Even Ron Paul, who's notoriously conservative about proclaiming any doomsday/conspiracy theories has admitted the United States is going to drive straight over the brink:

Ron Paul Confirms US Empire Will Suddenly Collapse like Soviet Union

I'd like to see as many hard-working, good people as possible survive this collapse. Even if you don't believe a collapse is imminent, are you willing to bet your LIFE on that? Are you willing to bet the lives of your friends and families?

At this point I think we can all agree--if things go belly-up, this corrupt federal government isn't going to, and doesn't care about, saving you. So start working to save yourselves.

Prepare while you still can. Storms are coming.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How come food stamps can be used to buy electronics / non-food items? In fact, food stamps should only be used to buy fruits, vegetables, rice, water, qualifying dairy and deli products, and clothes at qualifying stores.

I've seen people live off of less than that in the Philippines and they don't even have a house, yet they manage and when there's a job offer at a fast food place, or department store they go for it. Not to mention they get NOTHING from the government.

These programs have got to get reformed completely because they are a waste of tax payer dollars because of the abuse.

They should not be allowed to buy TV, have cable, or a computer. They should only get the bare necessities for a limited time and they must prove that they are looking for a job and if they can't find a job within a certain amount of time, then they get cut off, but can petition ONCE and only ONCE. I remember when I was a recruiter, some people came in and said "I'm just coming here because I'm forced to, but the government pays me well enough to stay home".

If you have many children, then you should only get a very limited amount of help if you're a single parent. If you get 6 kids, it's your own damn fault and you should take care of them yourself. How many countries out there support this kind of behavior where popping babies is a career choice? I've seen this happen a few times in person, it's stupid that we're paying for their way of life.

There are many people out there that need it, I get that. But it's pitiful how wasteful foodstamps are by those that don't really need it, which I presume is the majority of those that currently qualify for them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

GrimReaper86
reply to post by Pimpintology

What I really meant was if the food stamps weren't going to be given out anymore then there would be ample suffering over the winter due to lack of food, even if no riots were to happen. It's not like people can try an farm food in the middle of winter, so the alternatives are theft/violence or starvation. Although, it looks like they've raised the debt ceilling so those people can at least get throught the winter.

You are right the problem here is those that really need it, many cannot find jobs, the jobs they can get are low paying, it's a mess, if food stamps stopped people would starve.

It didn't use to be this way people could make a living and support a family on blue collar wages, the cost of everything is outrageous, the jobs have been sent overseas, there is and has been a powerful force at work to bring down America for a long time, that's my theory and I am sticking with it.

yes, but wouldn't it be a far saner solution to force american companies to keep their jobs in their country of origin, instead of outsourcing everything overseas?....you bring the jobs back, you bring the prosperity back....you fix the economy..

it makes far more sense to me to do that, than to continue to advocate people becoming MORE dependent on government handouts...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

that's what I am saying, they are working to bring us down on purpose.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Daedalus

that's what I am saying, they are working to bring us down on purpose.

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

The United States and its (formerly) vast economic power was one of the final obstacles standing in the way of world government. Rockefeller/IMF/World Bank style groups such as the Club of Rome and Bilderburg, using their front organizations like DAVOS, the IMF, the World Bank, the Bank for International Settlements, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Trilateral Commission, have long been working to dismantle from within the United States.

David Rockefeller was famously quoted as saying, "We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

That "right major crisis" is a complete meltdown of the existing economic structure, which--not coincidentally--revolves around the dollar as the reserve currency. Violently pull the plug on the dollar, and the resultant chaos around the world will cause worldwide riots and panic and looting and mayhem.

This is the problem-reaction-solution paradigm that our so-called "leaders" have long used to control the profane masses--the Hegelian Dialectic. They create the problem, anticipate the reaction, and are ready with the "solution": World Government and a single unified currency.

Note that the SDR (special drawing rights) basket of currencies now being proposed as a reserve replacement to the dollar is merely the slippery slope that leads to a uniform world currency.

The only thing that can possibly stop these criminals is a widespread awakening of the masses, which is what we're beginning to see on a world scale. If everyone around the world knows who created the crisis, and everyone understands just how the powers-that-be intend to leverage it to control us, the whole scheme falls apart. The magic trick isn't effective anymore once everyone understands how the magician sneaks the rabbit into the hat.

So if you're even remotely interested in not becoming an even greater slave to these maniacs willing to destroy entire nations in pursuit of world government, there's some simple steps you can take. Educate yourself to real law, real history, real monetary policy, and the plans of the so-called "elites." Then educate everyone around you.

Then, withdraw all your support from this system. The PTB need our consent--our time and energy--to built this prison system of global governance. If everyone begins saying NO to this madness, if everyone walks away from this evil plan, if everyone stops obeying the insane demands of our "leaders," then the world still has a chance.

Look how we stopped the war in Syria. That's proof that if we the people work together, we can make a difference.

But we need to hurry--because the PTB see the awakening happening, and they're accelerating the velocity of their plan. We don't have much time.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

You cannot buy non food items with Food Stamps. Food stamps only buy food. Also, you fail to understand that good, hard-working people still need a helping hand. Some of them become injured, lose their job, have a sick child, etc... Maybe they once had plenty of money for bills, but life threw something at them that was out of their control. There is nothing wrong with getting help with food. And take their computers away: What does that have to do with anything? Many people use home computers to look for work, or actually need it for work. I have to have a computer at home to get substitute teaching jobs.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sportbominable
reply to post by Em2013

You cannot buy non food items with Food Stamps. Food stamps only buy food. Also, you fail to understand that good, hard-working people still need a helping hand. Some of them become injured, lose their job, have a sick child, etc... Maybe they once had plenty of money for bills, but life threw something at them that was out of their control. There is nothing wrong with getting help with food. And take their computers away: What does that have to do with anything? Many people use home computers to look for work, or actually need it for work. I have to have a computer at home to get substitute teaching jobs.

The point is that good, hard-working people wouldn't need a helping hand if the government didn't rob them ab initio via taxes . If good hard-working people could've kept all their tax income since they started working, they'd already have a much larger nestegg of rainy day income than they would EVER receive from food stamps.

Just like if the government didn't steal social security payments from everyone's check, we could all invest our own money and have a much larger payout than the SS system provides. Conservative estimate show that if you paid your SS deduction amount into an investment with an RoI of just 3%, your payout would FAR exceed what SS offers.

It's the same reason why donating to non-profit charities is BS--because the people in the company are skimming off the top (those SS employees and welfare workers are getting paid, too!).

I quote now, for your approval, the venerable philosopher Immoral Technique, who eloquently pointed out:

Active activist get mad at me
'Cause I'm a tax free charity
80% to the staff and company
And 20% to the homeless and hungry

So your money in both cases would be better off going directly to the source--the recipient in the case of charitable donations, or staying right in your own pocket in the case of SS and welfare.

Government intervention always effs things up. The sooner more people realize that, the sooner we can break free from the shackles of this system.
edit on 18-10-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Sportbominable
reply to post by Em2013

and who's begrudging help to those who are truly in need of a hand?

what people are pissed about is lazy people who would rather be parasites, and live off our taxes, than go out and earn their keep....they don't feel like working, so they think the world owes them a living...

that's what we're pissed about..

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sportbominable
reply to post by Em2013

I fully agree people who are in NEED of help should get it. There has to some kind of fair means testing either with income, number family members, health status and other criteria. Folks who point out the $100-200 a month cell phones, full cable or satellite TV service at $150 a month and other non-essential expenses still going on have a point about EBT abusers. I have issue when my newest vehicle is more than 7 years old and I see EBT users hop in new vehicles with thousands of dollars of rims and tires on them, sell the expensive to keep and operate status symbols, then come talk to someone about public assistance needs.

The worst abuse is the selling of the benefit at discount for cash, there should be stiff prison time for that as they are obviously removing the benefit to someone who actually deserves the help.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Daedalus

yes, but wouldn't it be a far saner solution to force american companies to keep their jobs in their country of origin, instead of outsourcing everything overseas?....you bring the jobs back, you bring the prosperity back....you fix the economy..

it makes far more sense to me to do that, than to continue to advocate people becoming MORE dependent on government handouts...

And how do we do that...with "force" being the wrong word....

You need to understand a company is looking at profits in a very cold and calculated way. I'm not saying an evil way, just no empathy involved, so what can we do?

So we need to make it more profitable to use American workers....that is it, and the only answer. A simple way to do it is since American corporate taxes is the highest in the world give a tax incentive to use American workers while having penalties for outsourcing. I'm not talking extreme either way...just enough to move the numbers a little in favor of a home workforce and corporate America will respond.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Daedalus

And how do we do that...with "force" being the wrong word....

You need to understand a company is looking at profits in a very cold and calculated way. I'm not saying an evil way, just no empathy involved, so what can we do?

So we need to make it more profitable to use American workers....that is it, and the only answer. A simple way to do it is since American corporate taxes is the highest in the world give a tax incentive to use American workers while having penalties for outsourcing. I'm not talking extreme either way...just enough to move the numbers a little in favor of a home workforce and corporate America will respond.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

that's the problem, there is no empathy...there's no morality....

it's not just about numbers, it's about people....when that stops being true, you've lost your humanity...

the people MUST be considered....the decisions that will impact people MUST be considered CAREFULLY.....too often, someone who has reduced his workforce to dollar signs, will just nonchalantly fire a whole bunch of them without considering their job performance, time with the company, loyalty to the company, etc...they're no longer people, they're numbers, and that ain't right...

i'm not saying let emotion rule everything, i'm just saying don't be completely heartless, and inhuman about it...

bribing greedy corporations to do the right thing is not the answer...maybe we legislate that if you are an american company, you employ americans, of you can GTFO...i mean, yeah, sure, maybe the company only makes 10 billion dollars a year, instead of 11...and maybe the executive bonuses aren't as fat anymore...but at least they would know they were doing the right thing, not to mention, showing a little bit of goddamn loyalty to their country....and that should be enough for anyone..

maybe my answer isn't exactly the right one either....but at least we're coming up with ideas, which is more than i can say for the asswipes in D.C.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's not the government's job to feed people. What else can be said? Perhaps, it's time for people to learn how to work the fields, for their food. Walmart isn't the only place that yields fruits and veggies, ya know. 47 million people looting, instead of planting. Yeah, we're a brilliant species. lol

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Yes and no it doesn't supply any of that it just forces everyone into medical insurance and that is required or be fined you're required to buy a damn product, one that might be something you don't even want or need. This is not universal healthcare for the poor, they'll most likely be paying in spades out of everyone...it's a universal financial law for Insurance Scam Companies, not for the people.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by ldyserenity

That is not even close, more and more about the Obamacrap keeps hitting the news and the whole crap is not looking pretty even for those on the so call pre existing conditions.

Now even the people that gets those great tax returns because they do not make enough money will be hit with taxes to pay for subsidies that will be going directly to the insurance companies and it doesn't matter if you qualified for subsidies or not, everybody that can be taxed will be paying, that is why it was so important for the IRS to have more power.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Daedalus

it's not just about numbers, it's about people....when that stops being true, you've lost your humanity...

You missed my point, companies have no empathy...never have never will, but you can lead them around like a bull nose ring, but our Government can't figure that out.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Xtrozero

Daedalus

You missed my point, companies have no empathy...never have never will, but you can lead them around like a bull nose ring, but our Government can't figure that out.

there was a time when companies thought about their employees....but that time is long since gone..a shame, i rather liked THAT america...

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join