It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMMEDIATE BREAKING NEWS ! : White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is a clip from the BBC called the debt ceiling in 70 seconds. Listen to the creepy music and rapid heartbeat. They want to induce fear.

If the powers that be want you to be afraid, you need to stay as calm as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My gut feeling on this whole debacle is it's nothing more than theater to divide the masses into partisan political fighting (which is working pretty well.) and to keep the people of this country distracted with crisis that these idiots keep inventing. The job market still sucks, the economic recovery is a lie and they have to do something to keep the masses focused off those topics and keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves instead of going after the people truly responsible for all of this mess. Republican, democrat, tea partier, libertarian......or whatever......the truth is the apple up in Washington is rotten TO THE CORE and every one of these politicians is responsible.

As with all of these primetime "Dramas" that the media floods us with, come Wednesday night, probably around 11:45pm they will "reach an agreement" and expect all of us to cheer and be happy because our leaders "solved" the debt ceiling/default/shutdown crisis for the time being until the next "emergency" arises.

It's all bad theater and the popcorn isn't that good either
but that's just my opinion....I guess we'll see come Thursday morning.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

matafuchs
The Tea Party? The Tea Party? When did they become so powerful? They are entering the fray here as a scapegoat.
FlyersFan
Yes ... seriously lame. Reminds me of 'Animal Farm'. Napoleon (Obama) keeps telling the animal slaves that Sno-Ball (Tea Party) is the reason for their misery.

My first post had this link. NYTimes A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning

camaro68ss
The government brings in something like 300 billion dollars a month in tax revenue. Our interest on the debt is only 30 billion dollars a month. It can be prioritized. Its all fear mongering.

So you talk about fear mongering...

camaro68ss
Obama wants to be the POTUS when the SHTF so he can be safe and sound 150 feet underground with a decade worth of food supply.

camaro68ss
Im going to paint it mat black road warrior style, pick myself up an attack dog and hit the road looking for the next tank of gas with my sawed off shot gun and leather chaps and jacket. lol

Yet you seem to think this is going to bring about a mad max style america?

teslahowitzer
reply to post by Bixxi3

The glorious great one will not budge on-

1. 4/23 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.
2. 5/6 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked.
3. 5/7 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
4. 5/8 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
5. 5/9 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
6. 5/14 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.
7. 5/15 Senator Wyden asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.
8. 5/16 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
9. 5/21 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Paul blocked.
10. 5/22 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.
11. 5/23 Senator McCaskill asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
12. 6/4 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.
13. 6/12 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
14. 6/19 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Toomey blocked.
15. 6/26 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked. 16. 7/11 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.
17. 7/17 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Mike Lee blocked.
18. 8/1 Senator Durbin requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.
19. 10/2 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.Source

BenReclused
reply to post by Bixxi3

Haven't you been following what has been going on?

Yep! I sure have! If the the Democrats hadn't forced "Obamacare" down the throats of US citizens, the government, most likely, wouldn't be "shut down" at this time.

How has it been shoved down peoples throat? Obama hasn't hid what this healthcare act is (Remember this was actually mitt romanys idea from the 90s) we knew about before he was first elected in '08 He got re-elected and the repubs failed to stop it. So now they are using this shutdown as a way to get what they want.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

muse7
The President is guilty of nothing.

This is purely on the GOP/Tea Party

If nothing is sent to the president's desk so he can sign it, then it cannot be his fault.

He's guilty of criminally poor management, of not only the United States but also more directly the Executive branch as a whole that he sits at the head of. He along with many at top levels of the administration are guilty of scandal after seething scandal, many of which should equate to long years in prison and possibly will before everything is said and done.

You can point to Bush and say, well so was he and I will be the first to agree with you but don't you dare say that this president is guilty of nothing. It's an outright and prideful lie that smacks of disingenuous character or blinding ignorance.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

It is not to hate on Obama, at least not in my eyes. This is about how f'ed up the government currently is and how power hungry they have become. There is NOTHING that is passed to help the common man. Nothing except more taxes and more taxes and more fines.

In every single stalemate ever, there has been resolution and that is what negotiations are for. The president needs to not think of legacy and think of his country right now. The welfare of the nation is much more important than PPACA and a debt ceiling raise. If not, I see this as a way to simply cripple the nation for more government control.

link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Obama should just bend over and resign.

Great idea, but I wouldn't be satisfied. We need more replaced than just him.

Not like it will ever happen anyway.

link   

Indigo5
(A) This was a hastily assembled HOUSE bill to soothe the TP and compete with the bipartisan Senate Bill that is being assembled.

(B) The GOP even admitted that they might not have the votes necessary to pass it ...even in their own GOP Caucus in the HOUSE! let alone the Senate or the President.

So the bill was BS to begin with. Just more right wing play-acting. The bill they pitched couldn't even pass their own GOP majority in the House! So why the hell would the President endorse it?

House hopes to move own debt plan, but may not have the votes
thehill.com...

Agreed. This was their last ditch effort before the Senate bill arrives and they are forced to accept that they overplayed their hand this time. And to be fair, they had no reason not to try, since they have gotten Obama to capitulate a few times in the past when the debt ceiling or shutdown were in play.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So just as long as obum gets what he want's then the world will have peace right?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You said...."How has it been shoved down peoples throat?"

Like this....

Really? Explain this one away...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The President is guilty of nothing.

Bull! He is the one that is refusing to negotiate with those that were ELECTED to DIRECTLY REPRESENT THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES.

This is purely on the GOP/Tea Party

Nonsense! "It takes two to Tango!"

If nothing is sent to the president's desk so he can sign it, then it cannot be his fault.

In that case, I reckon it's all Senator Reid's fault. That's why nothing is getting to Mr. Oblamer's desk.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I have a theory that Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein and Lois Lerner are all the same person. lmao

I crack myself up sometimes

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just seems like President Obummer wants everything to collapse. I hate his attitude (My way or no way)

what harm would it do by delaying the mandate tax and the medical device tax by a year?

he would rather default than negotiate.

he is honestly the worst president ever. maybe even on par with bush.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

And he would quit living in the Spithouse. Get it? Spitehouse?

Yep! I get "it"!

How can anyone support him?

Well, the only "justification" I can think of is "willful ignorance".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

matafuchs
reply to post by Bixxi3

In every single stalemate ever, there has been resolution and that is what negotiations are for. The president needs to not think of legacy and think of his country right now. The welfare of the nation is much more important than PPACA and a debt ceiling raise. If not, I see this as a way to simply cripple the nation for more government control.

But the GOP has failed to stop the healthcare act multiple times now they are using the shutdown as a last ditch effort to get what they want. That's not how you negotiate. Also it is all about hating obama, because even when proof is posted that something isn't all his doing they still can't see it.

A 6 second out of context fox news clip.
Yep you got me.

She actually said "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy.'
Source

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Okie Dokie.... So...

In the left corner, we have Amateur Hour with 'You'll take my compromise of doing it 100% my way or we'll all go down together'.

In the right corner, we have 'Old Hack station' with 'you'll bend to our will our we'll break the nation in the process'.

I'd ask about popcorn, but I think the concession stand was closed for the Shutdown too. This movie sucks though....when does it end?

The fun doesn't even start till next Monday, that's when they get to big foam fingers out and start pointing them at each other.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

That is classic and scary at the same time as I have thought that myself...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Kind of stunning to see so many people pointing fingers at the turn down of this so-called "debt deal". This deal is supposed to be about controlling the deficit, is it not? Then why on earth would they present something that actually strips away tax revenue as revenues are the exact thing that decrease the amount of debt?

Decrease revenues --> more debt.

Increase revenues --> less debt.

Very simple. This "debt deal" by striking down a tax only would assure more debt. That's not sustainable.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Bixxi3

A 6 second out of context fox news clip.
Yep you got me.

She actually said "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy.'
Source

A fox News clip? Taken out of context? She said it...six seconds that changed the course of this nation and is a large part of why we are here right now.

"legislation for the future"
"no deductibles to pay"
"but we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it away from the fog of controversy'

Fog of controversy? How about American concern as that is what it was and still is.This is the gem that led up to that statment...

You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting

not just about healthcare - we know that now it is about taxes
no deductibles - PReventive care was already part of every plan but now the deductibles are higher than ever before

and yes, she was right, it sure is EXCITING!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Fact is that they need to control spending, not add new taxes. I as well as the I would think any rational person wants the government to not have an open checkbook anymore and certainly not for the next 3 months.

Biden needs to get back to DC from Camp David and do his job. Obama needs to not have meeting with people who are non essential to making this correct. The House and Senate need to stay and work this out till it is done.

Sadly, this is not happening because the admin knows the score. They will scare until the House folds. It is time to call in the chips and go all in and the House is...and should stay the course.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

House Republicans sang Amazing Grace, led by Florida Rep. Steve Southerland, at the closed door meeting Tuesday morning, Issa said.

Link.

Yes, everyone in Washington is a hypocritical jerk is one way or another but these loons take the cake. Praying isn't going to help now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join