It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four LAX dry ice bombs Discovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Did a search for this topic and didn't find any newly-created threads. Saw on the news last night that a dry ice IED had gone off in a men's room in a restricted area at LAX. Now it's up to 4 devices found. All in restricted areas.
Four LAX dry ice bombs

Sounds like an inside job. Is it an employee or an attempt by TPTB to create a situation whereby they can further tighten the noose? Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Since when do the PTB think dry ice in a soda bottle is a dangerous weapon..

This is just a power play by the PTB to exert controls over everyone.

This smacks of .gov using every prank or incident they can find to justify their intrusive security apparatus by keeping the sheeple in terror mode.

Seriously getting ridiculous fast. Soon farting in public will be an arrestable offense. (maybe it should be ).

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

sageturkey
Did a search for this topic and didn't find any newly-created threads. Saw on the news last night that a dry ice IED had gone off in a men's room in a restricted area at LAX. Now it's up to 4 devices found. All in restricted areas.
Four LAX dry ice bombs

Sounds like an inside job. Is it an employee or an attempt by TPTB to create a situation whereby they can further tighten the noose? Thoughts?

A dry ice bomb?!?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...on so many levels.

Thanks for posting the info.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

ANNED
Since when do the PTB think dry ice in a soda bottle is a dangerous weapon..

This is from a case two years ago involving some used to blow up a few mailboxes by juveniles:

Such devices are referred to as, “Improvised Explosive Devices.” The penalty for each device is twenty-five years imprisonment and/or $250,000 in fines. Malicious Destruction of Property has a penalty of sixty days imprisonment and/or $500 in fines. Twelve devices were detonated in the nine mailboxes.

It all depends on who you are, who you know and what mood the local cops and prosecutor are in.

The nonchalant attitude toward these being in an airport makes me think it's TSA agents or something. If it were just the janitor they'd be screaming "terrorism" and shooting his dog right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Dry ice bombs, while not a real "bomb", can still be dangerous. In a place like LAX, if properly placed, they could sound like gunshots from a distance, and like a bomb closer up. If they had all gone off, it could have caused panic, to be sure. Which is what they were probably aiming for.

Personally, I would arrest them too. It's not funny in the least, to try and set off 4 of these in such a crowded place. Someone could have gotten hurt from the aftermath, even if they weren't in the immediate area.

Sounds like they were after the "stampede effect".

edit on 10/15/2013 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is just getting far too ridiculous.........
Obviously the Gov Boys are jacking with the propaganda machine.....
Id bet theres some heavy # they want to bring down soon, and this is part of the "fear buildup" for those who dont know these were harmless devices.
The hammer is about to fall on the backs of constitutionalists, all across Amerika.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Dry Ice IED? Ummm... Okayyyyyy... Is that next to the Alka Seltzer hand grenade or more likely in the isle with the dog crap bombs for people's front porch?

They called this crap a bad prank when I was growing up. I'd hate to think what they'\d call detergent in the city fountain these days ...probably a full blown attack with chemical weapons for a life term in prison.

Some paranoia is healthy. It's how we survive each day when evolution says we shouldn't be in these numbers. Too much paranoia is mental illness and our leadership suffers from a chronic case....really suffers severely.

(I'll be sure to watch for the pack of terrorists looking to freeze me to death)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If your soda or seltzer bubles over at the airport thats practically enough to have you arrested/framed for plotting disturb the peace these days.

Yet, these genocidal maniac feds get away with practicing and perpetrating it thru 'live' drills now.

Police state!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh noz! Dry ice bombs! If an unarmed women with a baby was enough to send those snivling cowards in D.C. hiding under their desks, some dry ice may push them over the edge! Dry ice bombs.................. The poor mans pressure cooker. Wow, home of the brave eh Washington?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Could just as easily been a Pen Test ..

I love how so many people here see a story and automatically assume it's some nefarious plan to sow paranoia. Not saying that is not possible just saying I wish more people here knew Occam before assuming the IllumiNSACIA are coming for you.

let's see what info comes from it first.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Not much more information is needed to form an incomplete but accurate opinion in my estimation. There are only three scenarios that are likely in this case.

1.) This is being done as a dry run by actual terrorists to see if they can circumvent security.

2.) TSA is being trolled by people smarter than they are (Thats a lot of suspects) to illustrate what a bunch of inept, heaping waste of tax dollars they are.

3.) The TSA itself has somehow manufactured this scenario either knowingly or not and if it was knowingly it is being done to justify their own existence and 8.1 billion dollar annual budget because with the economy, government shutdown and the debt limit issues, the TSA is looking pretty ripe for getting pruned.

I would also venture to say that if it's either of the first 2 scenarios it is just further proof that the methods used by the TSA and largely the rest of the federal government do not work where REAL terrorism is concerned. Feeling up small children, harassing the elderly, detaining legitimate American citizens because they won't bow to every tyrannical command do not stop terrorists and it only helps the terrorists by more and more Americans adopting a hostile attitude towards the government.

Why does the NSA know nothing about this? Perhaps the stack is just too big, all around. Perhaps they should get back to basics and stop assuming every person in America is a potential terrorist and focus on, wait for it.................. Those they have a REASONABLE suspicion to suspect. Perhaps and trust me, I know its a long shot, if they did that, maybe they would have a chance at catching a real terrorist instead of people googling pressure cookers for Thanksgiving this year.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well said.

I am of the opinion, the TSA was never meant to catch terrorists. The TSA's job is to harrass and criminalize American's, as well as instill fear. It is what they excel at doing. If they catch the occasional domestic terrorist in the process, it just adds fuel to the fire.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My opinion...it was a test run to see how the lazy incompetent TSA idiots scramble. Just like pawns on a chess board. Meanwhile, don't behave like a terrorist......leave your ice and water bottles at home.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
well they did it at Disneyland in California right after the Boston Bombing,

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Helious
reply to post by opethPA

Not much more information is needed to form an incomplete but accurate opinion in my estimation. There are only three scenarios that are likely in this case.

Well written reply and one that has me thinking so thank you.

Playing the other side of that, what information has been released to lead you down this path?
What I know , from the sources I have read, is the following:

1. Dry ice bombs in 4 locations
2. Within secured locations

It 100% could be a scenario like you painted or it could also 100% be a pen test or it could be something not on your list. I just have not seen enough yet to say it has to be this.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wonder what they would call a mentos dropped into a bottle of coke. A chemical ied? And god forbid, they sell those plastic things that drop in the mentos for you at most grocery stores. We're in big trouble, guys.

Beware the dry ice bombers! They may not kill you but they may just make you wet yourself.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Seriously getting ridiculous fast. Soon farting in public will be an arrestable offense. (maybe it should be ).

I hope not, I don't have any Governor friends that can sign a stay of execution for me

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've been away all day so I'm just catching up with the comments.
Wrabbit, your wit never ceases to entertain me! I wouldn't doubt it if the detergent prank would at least get a person a nice psychological evaluation followed by some mandatory SSRI's though... As a bonus, seeing as how they already displayed the necessary character to commit a public disruption, they might also be a good candidate for a little tweaking (and perhaps a bit of exposure to some MEDUSA-type ELF) to turn them into the next robotic "Lone Wolf" capable of much more sinister acts. "They're beaming voices into my head with microwaves and nobody will believe me!!!"
Just trying to roll a few more conspiracies into the dough here while we're at it.

And yeah Helious - Helious Yeah, those are some distinct possibilities... One more scenario might be a very bored or disgruntled baggage handler or member of the refueling crew - Although one would have to pretty darn foolish to pull a prank like that given the possible consequences. If it were just a prank, it would be likely that it would have been a single incident rather than four separate ones in different locations and at different times.

According to reports - the first one went off on Sunday at 7:00 P.M. in an employee restroom in Terminal 2, followed by a second one on Monday at about 8:30 P.M. in the Bradley Terminal.
The news report that I saw, showed video of agents near a trash can that was outside the terminal adjacent to what I assume was the tarmac. Likely the location of one of the duds...

I was hoping to have a bit more information to provide as the investigation progresses, but I'm not finding much more at this point in time. I'm definitely leaning towards 'More than just a prank', given all that has been occurring lately. I don't think that anyone's suspicions here are unfounded in the least.

opethPA
It 100% could be a scenario like you painted or it could also 100% be a pen test or it could be something not on your list. I just have not seen enough yet to say it has to be this.

I wondered about that myself, it just didn't make sense to me that the story would have hit the news without some kind of admission that it was a test - Creating undue panic and all.
Unless... their goal was to achieve both. Kind of like the Boston Airport staging a runway fire drill on the 9/11 anniversary...

And yeah...

ANNED

I don't know what the heck, but I probably would have been put away for a long time yesterday if that were the case... WOOF!!!

edit on 15-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well conspiracy theorists, no star today. Saw on the news this morning that a disgruntled employee has been arrested in connection with the booms. Part of a labor dispute.
Thanks for your comments but apparently nothing to see here, move along...
edit on 16-10-2013 by sageturkey because: SP

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of when I was a kid how the science fair was rigged. Whoever had the coolest papier-mache volcano, baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring, always won a blue ribbon.
Cheap parlor tricks.

It is a little different, but all those kids could have been considered terrorists in todays lexicon, by virtue of developing an improvised explosive device.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join