It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman alleges police brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted -- trying to get used to the new UI here

Seems like we see more and more of this everyday.

Was the police office justified in what he did? I can't possibly see how.

It's sad. I have no faith in police officers. Obviously not all are like this, but I think too many are. I will need to make sure to keep my tongue bit if I ever get pulled over in the future. I will also need to ask the police department to stop calling me an asking for donations to get that silly sticker ...

Erin Burnett talks to Paul Callan about a woman who is suing a police department and accusing it of brutality.

You see the video here on CNN.

www.cnn.com...[editby ]edit on 10/15/2013 by ThreeNF because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What a disgusting example 21st century policing.

I cannot see how a police officer could justify this, it is just wrong, the officer responsible should be fired then put up on charges for assault and the woman should receive compensation.

Even if she was say resisting arrest or even being physically abusive to the officer (which this video to me shows she was not) hurling a woman of her size head first into a cell with that kind of force is not, in my view, proportionate force and would still be a assault charge.

There is no justifying what this officer done.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Here's the video...

And here we go again.

ETA: I had to leave this thread for a little bit to regain composure. (Where's my flame emoticon dammit!)
I'm just not getting it. Where is the satisfaction in brutalizing others? I wouldn't approve, but I could at least understand if she were a child molester, or something like that. Have all these cops watched Judge Dredd too many times? Is someone putting drugs in their donuts? Or maybe they really do try to hire psychopaths for police work.

If the trend keeps going, I can definitely see American police forces being used to trample all over citizens rights in this country without a second thought.

edit on 10/15/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
She went flying in there with some force is beyond belief. How can anyone do that in this day and age and expect to get away with it. We were taught to look up to the police but this is starting to go downhill fast....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
What a disgusting example 21st century policing.

A perfect example of out-of-control militarized policing. We allowed this same conduct and worse (much, much worse) to be inflicted upon people of the middle east, now this criminal trash is bringing this conduct home to us.

Just wait until obama's national civilian defence force gets into full swing.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow. This makes me mad. I think doing things like this (and getting away with it!) is why most people join the police force.. Just think what they used to get away with pre CCTV..

BRB, just going to go smash something up because I'm angry now lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Another reason why you should trust the police ...

Cop fired in mentally ill man's shooting

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So brave. Let's all do our part to make sure he gets home safe night after night.

I love how all the reports say "woman alleges" when there's video of her being thrown into the bench.

Copernicus alleges the earth revolves around the sun.
edit on 25-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There is no justification for this behavior.
This 'officer' should be dismissed.
Appears he is serving himself - likes to bully the girls.
Unless it has changed to bully and harass I believe the police cars still display the motto "To Serve and Protect".

remember the burden of proof is on the side of the prosecution - Innocent until proven guilty - which does not imply anything about being beaten into submission.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join